Hash Making Revisited

strap in boys and girls! We got gnarly hash on the horizon!

18 Likes

chop that shit up into tiny tiny chunks so it’ll finish drying in the freezer in under a… year.

12 Likes

Get power baked from some rosin coated in powder from the last hash batch. That’s the most important step!

13 Likes

This is what I got out of the 73 and 25 bags from last time I made hash.

The bags are drying, and the hash is freeze drying. In a week I’ll come back to the freezer and press that hash. I’m actually really tempted to press it right now, but I’ll leave that kind of experiment till later. I have so many crazy ideas to explore!

9 Likes

So you just put it on parchment uncovered and then leave it in the freezer for a week?

3 Likes

I sure do! It’s almost dry from the acceleration, so it finishes up in the freezer. You can tell it’s done when it crumbles and looks like… white powder.

10 Likes

Whats this?

3 Likes

yah I take the 90 micron bag and whip it around in a circle for 60 seconds. The water is pushed out by centripetal acceleration towards the center.

8 Likes

I guess you do that outside. lol

4 Likes

well you can put a bag over your hash bag to keep the drips from hitting the walls as well, but you’re right I did the final spin outside so I could unleash fury on that sucker. Also, I have a surround I can go into where the drips don’t matter.

16 Likes

:smile: :grin: :laughing: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

6 Likes

ok you can see the difference here between the already-freeze dried and the soon-to-be freeze dried. White means good, darker means there’s still some water ice.

16 Likes

In the next couple of weeks, I’ll be cranking kilos of weed into bubble hash. I’ve probably cranked hundreds of kilos in my life. hah hah I used to cut down my entire crop and make hash. Those were the days, workin’ for the Green Cross. These days you have to seek out the medical patients yourself, making it more difficult. I got the sponsor group to do that for me now - word of mouth is very potent advertising.

11 Likes

Incredible. I guess when the demand is there and you’re perfecting your craft, you gotta have quantity. This is all very fun to observe.

5 Likes

I cleaned all the crap off my press with some iso. I had scratched most of it off, but there was a coating of gunk still that was like wax.

1 Like

hey hey hey! The rosin in the freezer did cure up like that. Only took 6 months. I’m looking forward to ripping it! mmmmm!

8 Likes

ok! New lesson… it doesn’t take much pressure to squish rosin from freeze dried hash. I turned the machine down to minimum pressure, and it works great! Pressed a couple grams of hash into a few blobs of rosin. 64C, 180S power level 1. I’ll cure this and try it! I’ll probably try a bit when it’s fresh, but that makes my teeth feel waxy. lol

20 Likes

Aside from terp profile and maybe consistency changes, have you observed a difference in the way it melts or vaporizes after the cure?

3 Likes

It definitely vapes better after the cure. I’m not sure what the oily substance is in the rosin, but it gets left behind when it’s not cured. I assume it evaporates or something? Cured on the left and fresh on the right. I had to go back to the lab and get super baked… for science.

22 Likes

:laughing: doing the good work in the name of science. Love it. Man, it’s been a trip following your old thread and this one. Personally, I was enamored by the older stuff you were making that you were air drying. The stuff that looked like really old school Lebanese or Moroccan. Not saying it was better by any means, but just brought back many good memories. The stuff your making now looks like it could have killed Elvis….well….that and a strong pharmaceutical cocktail, but you’re picking up what I’m putting down.:v:t2:

4 Likes