Hash Making Revisited

Haha, thanks, I’ve found a new slogan for my entire life!

2 Likes

@Dalorean this is topic you need to read , joe can help you with your problem : )

1 Like

My doctor is concerned that I’ve completely replaced my blood with delta nine thc! :crazy_face:
I’m getting the itch to press the slurricane into rosin, as I’ve detected terpenes that sort of taste like raspberries. I was wondering… what would happen if I concentrated it. Can that flavor come out?

8 Likes

But I like blackberry , can you concentrate that one lol

3 Likes

Interesting! It’s like watching paint dry! I was secretly wondering if I could use this technique on the gooey ones to make a super thin layer, then wick away some moisture and finally freeze dry. I can’t wait to see what this looks like in the end!

12 Likes

The hash yield prediction skill I think is reaching some kind of strange phase. I can definitely tell from a camera up close shot of a bud now if it’s worthy of even trying to make hash from. I should go to the trichome shots thread and start combing through. See if I spot any good lookers!

3 Likes

In your opinion, sticky vs sandy, which type makes better hash?

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s a factor. I do like the ease of chopping up hash that really chops instead of being all gooey, but in the end, it’s the yield that does it.
Now examine this crazy statement:
I’ve never had large quantities of dark lump hash. Those are always tied to low yields in my experience.

4 Likes

What do you think of traditional sifted hashes or charas?

2 Likes

I pass on that, you can’t make live rosin out of it. I’m gonna be smashing some one-off today! Make a strange brew of meat breath and slurricane! I think the flavors will meld well.

3 Likes

blah blah I should wait until noon to do the pressing in case I get a call for support, but I’m thirsting to press, maaaaan! I’ll get a few grams of hash rosin out of the deal, probably 5. Which I’ll be forced to slurp. I’m going to crank out the money shot again! CLICK ooo that’s :dollar: !

2 Likes

settings for each stage. Probably gave it 5 stages of pressure. so just imagine it coming down slowly, then after 180 seconds coming down a bit more, etc. at 64C really low temps.

there’s how you set up the money shot.
As it squeezes out the goodness, just keep clicking!

money!!! lol!

7 Likes

ok here’s what whipping means to me:

before and after. I used a pin. oops got a stupid thread from my shirt in there.

8 Likes

This is decomposing in my liver, as we speak. I think it’s in my brain!

17 Likes

I think that whipping it solidifies the rosin in a hurry. I opened my calyx container and it was all solid in there and yesterday it was like maple syrup. The remains on the parchment are still syrupy and clear. I’ll get a photo of it after my stupid camera charges up.

3 Likes

I make a lot of hash rosin and the change in texture is a thing.
Starts out hard pull then goes wax then sticky brown sugar.
Heavy purple seems to stay hard pull much longer.
Thca stays as is unless heated.

4 Likes

There it is!

12 Likes

Question for you. By whipping it and introducing air to the rosin, wouldn’t that start to oxidize the rosin?

4 Likes

Potentially, but I’m not sure it has any effect you can discern. I would have expected it to turn darker or something you could notice.

2 Likes

The final product looks tasty, like whipped honey, except with a significant punch. I am sure you would have picked up on any change in taste.

2 Likes