Hawaii Maui Waui does somebody have some info of this strain

i grew 2 plants of this strain and the smoke was awesome i couldn’t grow them big in the first time, but did a clone out of one of the ones i had before is making good progress. i already heard about the Maui Waui strain and Hawaii strain when i got these one so thought it was the original maui waui but it was not i’m doing a lil bit more research in the strain if anybody here have grown it before please can give a little feedback these plants are i think a little difficult to grow in my opinion compared to the rest of the strains i have

4 Likes

Hello friend, I had the pleasure of growing some hawaii a few years ago, they were 100% tropical plants, energizing and very active in the brain, the taste was a tutifruti-fruit punch a little different from the haze, in My climate grew at ease if you want to see some photos look at the landraceas theme.

6 Likes

Hi @GreenCaciqueHawaii I grew out a couple of regular packs of Nirvana’s Maui Waui around 14 years ago. I found more of the indica leaning phenotype. I preferred the less common, lankier, taller sativa pheno.
Nice taste with medium potency. Very easy to grow…I grew it indoors and out, in containers and in ground.
I have no idea what this strain is like currently…it may or may not have been changed by Nirvana.
I found many other Nirvana strains to be more desirable than their Maui Waui.

3 Likes

Grew the Maui Waui back in the 80’s and 90’s. Should look sativa, lime green not indica leaning at all if it’s legit. Seems to be a lot of debate over the years as to what it actually was as there were many strains in that area. Guessing there are a few older than me on here that may have some seeds from that time frame, but I heard it was gone years ago. Loved the spicy somewhat lime flavor.

Currently growing out Spice from Mr Nice which is a Hawaiian indica/sativa that looks a lot closer to a plant from that region than many I have seen posted on the net that last 10 years. Still in wait and see mode.

1 Like

But your Hawain cames from Nirvana? I think yours was the original landrace, not the comercial Nirvana’s hibryd…

NO, la mía me la dio un amigo, sus orígenes según me dijo era hawái no de ningún banco, esta la trajo un norteamericano que se la dio al compa en una playa de mi país, en puerto viejo, busca esa playa. jeje

NO, mine was given to me by a friend, his origins according to what he told me was hawai, not from any bank, it was brought by an American who gave it to the “compa”(friend) on a beach in Puerto Viejo country looking for that paradise beach hehe.
and this was 100% sativa without any doubt.

2 Likes

The one here is a cross w the Hawaii x Maui Waui and yes the leaves are lime color don’t get too dark for the small plant i grew was a really decent amount for the size

1 Like

This is a clone from the one i grew before is in a 20gallons pot at the moment will flower her after i finish the ones I’m flowering now

5 Likes

When i order mines i was doing research on pain management and PTSDd look this one is good for both that’s why i took my chances and order it, i was new to all this cannabis strains and there is a lot of them even order 2 different ones ,suppose to ended up been the same cross from another breeder with a different name so will have to grow them and see the differences

2 Likes

After time, we will all learn who the reputable breeders are, and you will learn how to select phenotypes for your needs.

The rest of us go along for the ride. :rocket:

99%

3 Likes

That’s why i decide to change jobs and give a try medical cannabis here i was getting some med grade cannabis back in Puerto Rico was super expensive the less i found an ounce of blue dream or chocolope was for 300 a ounce or 150 half of it and if it was by gram 20 the gram i did some research when i was going to buy seeds i hope that i didn’t waste my time and money on the ones i buy cuz i think it will be it, my chance to get good stuff was while was working was over so now have to deal with what i have until i get back to job if my health let me work back or get incapacitated by social security than my chances can change and can buy more stuff now i have more knoledge of dif strain and finally have this place to make my life a lil bit easier on the research side

1 Like

I forgot to mention in my post about Nirvana’s Maui Waui that I first tried Maui Waui back around 1976 or so. A friend of mine bought a fat bag of it and I remember my first impression of the beautiful sweet, citrusy smelling buds.
The smoke was exotic… and hazey, tropical fruit punch tasting. The high was intense and delightfully potent.
I remember that there was a good regular supply of it available so we all bought some when we could.
About a year or two later there was a song written in tribute to Maui Waui which became popular on the Jazz radio station in NY City.

So I was somewhat disappointed by Nirvana’s version of Maui Waui.
It was not bad at all, just nothing like the remarkable buds I remember fondly from the ‘70s.

1 Like

That’s true of most good strains from the 70’s. Knocked off but never duplicated. Columbian Gold, Panama Red, Acapulco Gold, etc.

1 Like

do you think you may be remembering it better than it was, or just a difference in tolerance between then and now? i always hear this and that strain was better in the 60s/70s but it was also probably around when people started smoking weed

5 Likes

the quality of the ones i got from this one’s impressed me by far and i’m a heavy smoker with really high tolerance and it kicks really hard

2 Likes

nirvana’s maui waui is a cross from Hawaii x Maui Waui is not the same Maui Waui you are talking about if still have some info verify is the ones you grew before were Maui Waui i think they have never carried the original Maui Waui