Hay smell persisting

I have 3 helpers so should be easy enough. Last grow I did 20oz by myself in 2.5hr

1 Like

I think I need to get good at normal curing before I start trying experiments xD

2 Likes

I hope this is something that gets better over time, because it takes me muuuuuuch longer. Especially dry trimming.

1 Like

Dry trimming is easier for me. And bud density matters. A lot easier to trim a pound of dense buds versus a pound of fluff

3 Likes

Yep my first plant was super leafy and took me 16 hrs to pristinely manicure 6 ounces. But my meph autos took like 5 minutes total to do the whole plant for 2 ounces.

3 Likes

My first grow. First dry.

3 Likes

Yeah im hoping for 4lb. Im more than likely to get 3 though by the looks of it. The last grow I did with this strain was these plants mother. She yielded 20oz on one plant. She had a ton of room to stretch far and wide though. Canopy was probably 12 sq ft. But she stretched tall and I had to tie it down week 5 so wasnt the best use of space.

3lb would be 8oz per plant so this is why im basing this as the minimum. Time will tell. Id be very disappointed to get less than 3 though

3 Likes

With what you have hanging, I’d be a bit surprised if you didn’t hit at least 3. I pulled a bit over 1lb in a 3x3 from 2 plants.

2 Likes

Yeah. Im always bad at guessing weight. That 20oz plant I was praying it would be 14oz which had been my previous biggest plant. I said probably 12 but was hoping for 14. Needless to say when the scale went to 20oz I was ecstatic.

So i was really off on my estimate.

Will know for sure in a week or so

2 Likes

Humidity is currently up to 44% in the room and I am about to need to change the water tank lol. We will get there (and maybe I can stop filling my reservoir so much)

1 Like

I noticed that i get more of hay smell and cloro taste when i wet trim heavily

1 Like

Im pretty sure that I only trimmed the biggest of leaves, but this time I wont touch any after week 3

1 Like

Yeah wet trim and boveda cureing is not your friend. I had some strawberry kush bag seed that ended up just farm feed hay because i didnt take the new invironment into account and went with the way i always dried :joy: i laugh now…

5 Likes

See, I had the opposite last grow, decided to dry to snap, etc. Like everyone all says, instead of my usual method of pull fans, hang branches to dry in my rack for 5 or 6 days until sugar leaves crisp, then trim off the branches, jar and burp until 59% rh… I paid for it, 6 plants all tasted and smelled like crap.

2 Likes

no luck with the bovedas? or did you mean boveda plus wet trim jarred? last harvest i used bovedas normally but burped the jars for 30mins for 3 or 4 days before putting the bovedas in. i’m still trying to figure out how to best use them.

1 Like

Slow dry 14 days with the plant mostly intact. Dry trim carefully afterwords.

Indirect airflow is the key to your success. Stagnant air, wet trim or drying too fast leads to the hay(decomposition) smell.

Putting into jars too quickly will result in the hay smell

Some use paper bags after hanging before jarring to remove excess moisture. Works great.

Your bud was not fully dry before putting into the jars.

3 Likes

I’ve done extensive testing with boveda and Integra boost packs. They’re trash imo.

They fuck with the terps and give your bud a terrible smell until you break it up then you get somewhat of a muted terp profile mixed with the smell of the packs. Gross.

Use a hygrometer and leaves to maintain desired humidity in jars while curing.

6 Likes

@anonymous4289 Boveda packs give you a sense of comfort that allows you to mis cure. It becomes less a labor of love. Wet trim is just horrible unless you live in florida or somewhere that is super humid it almost always drys out too fast.

6 Likes

I had that many times bro… your drying and cure technique is just fine… Its bad genetics… there a lot out there… too many unstable crap strains and fake breeders seeds… Thats why now a days, I only buy top seeds and if possible, direct from the breeders or at least go to their webpage and check out where are the authorized dealers… ITs to much work to do all and come up with hay smell… Not worth saving few bucks buying cheap seeds

Happy smoke.

Lucky.

5 Likes

I dont really plan on using those seeds any longer, now that I have other beans. I made those because I started with 2 bag seeds, and did a perpetual grow, but wanted to stop for a bit. So if that is it, then it shouldn’t be an issue anymore, but I am still going to try hanging them whole this time, just to be safe. The humdifier has the room up to about 47% last i checked, so its making progress :slight_smile:

3 Likes