Haze flavours and where to find them

Out of curiosity, where did you find the info on peaks haze? I know he was originally working with 3 and the seeds I have were from a short flowering one that had a distinctive artificial Grape kool-aid smell. This was in 2020/21.
I grew the sweet skunk x Haze, one very sweet skunk leaning and two I assume leaned to the Haze side. It is not like any hazes I have since grown. Still a nice plant but far away from these hazes.

3 Likes

@Fitzera It said so in the description of haze on their site.

“flowering_time_indoor
9 – 11 weeks”

"indica
15%

sativa
85%"

“… Try to grow Haze cannabis yourself by ordering the best seeds at Amsterdam Marijuana Seeds (AMS).”

Either they have stolen the description of haze, or its white label seeds from AMS, or it’s a reproduction of the AMS. Anywho, they are not really legit source since they don’t really fit the frame and I think it’s dubious for unaware growers to placing them on the list as Haze.

Pz :v:t2:

6 Likes

I’ve had many haze hybrids like Lemon Haze, Cannalope Haze, Blue Dream and a bunch of other skunk or nl x haze hybrids and they hardly ever have that haze smell. This Blue Dream though is hard to pin down. It is wet grass and incense… and old dough and slight berry depending on when I do it. Very complex flavors.

2 Likes

@CocoaCoir If you have any good seed sources for these. It would be lovely if you could place those under the Hybrid section. :heart:

5 Likes

That’s harder to pin down because I get them from my service which I find to be legit.

I know there is this guy who is reputable here in california and he has all the haze cuts and has a whole collection just with tom hill haze hybrids and you can buy them online now. He just started putting em online. I would go with reputable with veteran growers and dispensaries in california rather than europe.

8 Likes

If it didn’t come off the peakseedsbc.com website it’s not correct. And I don’t believe he had the Haze or crosses on the site before he went legal and shit down the site.

But I agree, it doesn’t fit into this thread.

4 Likes

There was two peak seed sites
Mikes and another
Mine are from Mike : )
I got them waaaay befor he shut down , like years befor

If they were not on his site , then they are from the list he sent out to valued customers
: )

6 Likes

Nice compass.

My two cents :

Amnezia Haze (Soma) : In the streets and in the offer of the black market in general, it’s a bit the EU “OGKoockie”. Lasting in enough countries to be considered as listed imho. In term of taste, we are with this one at a light year from a spicy/dry “hazey” style … but as some hybrids already listed also.

3 Likes

Agreed. But they won’t be A5/C5. He likes small plants and he was pretty vague about the hazes as he was still testing them. His real name is Gord and is now known as Far West Genetics fyi.

3 Likes

Yeah, I have to apologise for that confusion. This is the site I was referring to: https://peakseeds.com/shop/peak-seeds/indoor-seeds/haze/

4 Likes

Do you know any good source of seed for Amnesia Haze?

2 Likes

Soma regs ^^ But you know my biases on this matter, it’s a “time consuming” clay for me. Just like everything i enter here.

Very arbitrary i will say the hypro cut, then their release as best bet for an already worked variation. But it’s a talk from over a dozen years ago, pretty outdated i guess.

2 Likes

i got some of the Mr. Nice SSH from @JohnnyPotseed . Very affordable unlike an actual pack of Mr. Nice if you can find it.
I haven’t run them yet, but will next round…probably this spring.

5 Likes

The seeds were a repro run done by @guitarzan. He used Mr. Nice seeds for it.

3 Likes

Here’s a Amnesia Haze (Haze x South East Asian x Afghani x Hawaiian Landrace) from my service just listed today. Terps and cannabinoids. Some of them even come with even more “aromas”

flower-co-1g-cartridge-amnesia-haze.pdf (392.8 KB)

Heres their Blue Dream which I have - Blueberry x Haze
Aromas: Berries, Citrus, Earth

flower-co-cartridge-blue-dream.pdf (388.9 KB)

Lemon Haze - Silver Haze x Lemon Skunk
Aromas: Citrus, Fruit, Skunk

variety-drugs-live-resin-cartridge-lemon-haze.pdf (359.9 KB)

There’s a couple more but theyre all skunk x haze

Aromas dont always line up with flavors. If I see a pure haze, I will try and get some test results.

4 Likes

Originally Amnesia Haze hypro (not soma related) is clone only.It has a sort of churchy incense aroma.There is another clone, which has the catpiss aroma.
In the early 90s there was the Purple Haze with the Nag Champa incense aroma, but never seen after that.My favourite btw.

4 Likes

If I buy it I will let you know.

2 Likes

You could talk to/message @santero if you’re into some of these hybrids. He has some killer looking ones. Growing/vegging some of his Schoolyard Haze and Kaspar Hauser now. I’ll flower some cuts of the females in a month or so. I have some other haze type hybrids going too. Mostly SSH stuff.

5 Likes

Nice topic @LonelyOC :pray: i think that Super Sativa club has also Oldtimers Haze

3 Likes

The weed is all over the place here since decades, from Spain to Septentrional Holland in passing by east EU. It’s sold literally everywhere in the streets. And it’s why i suggested it. If you’re able to identify the clone used for such a large scale heterogeneous production, we are talking about a supernatural talent that is very bankable. Take your share buddy, it’s worth millions.

The share of CocoaCoir was pretty much spot on for me with the aroma’s table actually, and describe pretty well why this weed is hoarded. I find it pretty much surprising to be honest, i wasn’t expecting it from CA and from cartridge producers ^^

For Hypro, they started by cups with their cut then the seed releases just after (that was everywhere on seed’s resellers during a time). The common scheme. We are not talking about a cut given to a choosen one by Jesus himself during a legendary concert.

Now if you’re talking about the ICM game, i got one time a SSH2 renamed Core cut by example ^^

4 Likes