Heady Bear's First Auto Adventure

So, due to some persnickety seeds not wanting to germinate over the last couple weeks, I’m venturing into unknown territory…I speak, of course, of the mythical plant known as the autoflower.
Join me, as I delve into my first-ever cultivation of these types of plants, and feel free to shout advice (and obscenities) from the audience!

On deck we have 2 auto fem beans from @hollyho 's recent multi cross Black strap seed run (congrats again!), As well as some Ghost Rose x MI5 (auto regs I believe, from the prolific and generous @Jinglepot )

Here we are 5 minutes ago at day 0.

I’ll detail my setup and nutes once we have signs of life, both from the seeds, and from the awesome members here at OG!

37 Likes

Right on! I’ll be popping some of those for my spring outdoor show! I’ll be watching!

5 Likes

Don’t forget to feed them at the beginning. They need a healthy head start

8 Likes

Thank you @Foreigner ! Full disclosure: I have a pretty unhealthy Fog Dog in the tent that everyone will meet later. I had heard to go light on nutes with autos, which I did, and she ain’t happy! Seems like that could be why

8 Likes

I’ve forgotten to feed them early and ended up with little popsicles.

5 Likes

Thanks for joining me @Jinglepot , it’ll be cool to see them outdoors in comparison to a tent!

3 Likes

I’m into the autos now myself. Just had my first harvest and can’t complain at all.

3 Likes

Congrats! I’m trying to build up my headstash with some autos so I can maybe run some seeds or a long flowering landrace, and not smoke through all my herb in the process.

5 Likes

Good luck with your grow my friend.

I’m always up for a good grow adventure!
Plus I really want to see the Fog Dog lurking in the back… :wink:

1 Like

Sweet! Been debating on doing some autos on the deck this summer, this might convince me.

Following along of course :slight_smile:

Good vibes your way

4 Likes

AWWW YEAH HIT THAT GAS PEDAL @HeadyBearAdventures !!

3 Likes

Gracias my dude.

I’m so ashamed of her, but I gotta share the trials with the celebrations… The sweet just ain’t as sweet without the bitter!

Much love homie, glad to have you around.

I wanna say TO THE FLOOR!, but with my level of experience it’s more like “while thoughtfully merging into traffic” :joy:

4 Likes

Love those recycled coin flips frech|nullxnull, I’ve got some that had crossed twice or more the pond fly2ng|nullxnull. Always wanting to do an only-autos run but fearing the unknown :sweat:.

Good luck with your grow, will keep an eye on it … popcorn

3 Likes

Gas Pedal = Autoflowers

I’ve only been going at them again this past year and as @Foreigner said the initial feed is important. I’m finding castings from float until 1st true leaves does wonders, and then afterwards increase your feed dramatically on a shorter schedule.

By week 3 from seed they’re often already starting to flower so I keep em on veg nutes until week 4 and then flip to flower week 1.

It’s like fine car… if you shift your gears appropriately and hit the has at the right time you cross over the finish line without ever touching the breaks…

…not like autoflowers have breaks :rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah there is zero room for error. You can stall photos no big deal but not autos

2 Likes

Results do vary. From “WHOA!” to “:rofl:”.

I had both my last run.

3 Likes

I had a bird eat one :joy:

4 Likes

THAT… I thankfully don’t have to worry about. (Bubbles is kept out of my grow room).

4 Likes

Watching a Bear Grow.

4 Likes