Heat resistant Strains 🔥

I have heard/read that Mandala Seeds claim to have strains that can take up to 34C and perform optimally. Do you guys think this is possible, have you had any experience with heat resistant strains and/or heat problems. Let’s discuss strains that can handle a lot of heat!

8 Likes

Most tropical sativas will take high heat. I ran a strain from afropips. It was tribal vision or slider. I had temps up to 40C in flower a few days and i had no problem.

4 Likes

That is a lot of heat for the plants to take for a few days. Afropips huh? Was it just one pheno in cuts or all from seed?

3 Likes

They were All from seed. That was the peak daytime temp.

1 Like

That is an awesome experience; if you live where i do, and don’t have a/c it would be impossible to grow in a tent.

1 Like

I have grown many Mandala strains outdoors in containers in South Florida.
In the summer the daytime temperatures are typically 90f to 95f every day…(35c =95f)
I never had any problems with Mandala or any other breeders strains here.

This winter I am growing only Mandala strains for my outdoor crop.

4 Likes

Todas las plantas cultivadas en exterior en The DogsHouse soportan durante Julio y Agosto temperaturas máximas de hasta 45 °C a la sombra.
Hoy, 35°C de máxima a la sombra.

All plants grown outdoors at The DogsHouse endure during July and August maximum temperatures up to 45 ° C in the shade.
Today, 35 ° C maximum in the shade.

5 Likes

You can run higher temps if you are using CO2 enrichment also :wink:

Humidity and air flow is also a big factor in the plants ability to handle higher temps along with CO2 levels in an enclosed artificial environment.

Get talking to those ladies :laughing:

Theres also a big difference between heat resistant and @MadScientist resistant, is the thread named correctly amigo :laughing: lol Only joking :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Cabronazo eres, @Herbie, je… Yo no me atrevo a gastarle esas bromas porque se las toma en serio y saca los “bazokas”, je.

3 Likes

Cabronazo eres @MiG PMSL :joy::laughing::laughing::astonished:

@MiG MadScientist is still getting secret tips from me, lets see how he does in the cup challenge :wink:

3 Likes

I had a Sunshine Daydream F2 do very well outdoors in New Orleans. Very hot and humid there… and she loved it.
Funny you mentioned Mandala bc I also grew a Satori x the Flav outside in New Orleans that grew fantastic as well

1 Like

That´s a good one brother, Master Jedi you are the worst!

1 Like

No jodas vos! Vos sos mi amigo @MiG! Para bromas estamos won!

2 Likes

how’ve you been brother?!

So I was hoping to get some leads on strains that can perform in a hot dry climate. Like 100F(+) or 40C.

I know this is way too hot for most strains, and that even with the right strain it will (negatively) affect both terpenes and bud density. Just looking for any hints or ideas as to potential building blocks for an upcoming breeding project.

Thanks In Advance,
Dirtron

Thanks @Calyxander for moving/merging my question/thread to this one.

Hopefully its not another 3 years before someone replies…

-Dirtron

1 Like

There’s lots of strains that could handle short fluctuations at that temperature but plants can’t photosynthesis above 38c

With a sealed room and co2 you can go a few degrees higher

This is for outside, so CO2 is not a viable option.

@Kushking902 do you have any references for the 38C thing? Not something I have ever heard before. Is it related to stoma opening and closing? or something to do with the chlorophyll. I am guessing the former, as the latter would mean C4/CAM plants like cacti could not exist…

Thanks again.
Dirtron