Heavy yielding strains

First time on a forum, overall newbie to growing.
Im running thug pug genetics BILLY’S UNICORN.
I know there is a lot of rip offs when it comes to genetics, do you guys have any top shelf breeders you recommend and have experience with?

Looking for feminized seeds since im running a 2x4 tent and want to be as efficient as possible.

11 Likes

I’m not sure about the Fems, but @SamwellBB of Baked Beanz seeds is a member and has real fire. Lots of tasty strains for super prices. :wink: :v:

9 Likes

Blue Dream

Big Bud or anything with “Big” in the name or lineage

Peanut Butter Breath, BUT you have a 50/50 chance of a high yielder or a low yielder with substantially high frost.

2 Likes

Ive been running regulars but it just sucks when i find out late veg that that i have to trash them and its a waste of time and $.

I got some in house genetics banana creampie and it came with 2 freebie fem seeds which got me thinking i should just run 3 fem seeds and I will have less of a overhead.

2 Likes

Check out Blue Star’s gear. Everything I’ve ran of his turns out amazing. His new fem line has some fire in it as well. Welcome to og!

5 Likes

Where would i be able to snag some beans ?

3 Likes

Dcseed exchange, I believe he’s on great lakes genetics as well. Could also dm him and get his list of what he has to offer. @Josh_Blue

5 Likes

Start more than you need :shushing_face:

7 Likes

I feel you, I have always found fem seeds easier to work with and don’t have a lot of use for males. Some people seem to think they herm more frequently, but I think that’s because sometimes they’re used to make crosses of unstabilized f1 clone only selections, and the results are unstable!

I would caution that in-house is known for F1 crosses of polyhybrids, so it’s worth watching to make sure they don’t herm, or to pick off whatever couple balls the girls might grow.

After i ordered them i kinda got weary on them as a company. They have a huge selection and with quantity you usually sacrifice quality…

What breeders fem gear are you running?

Compound genetics caught my eye recently.

Idk why but i seem to gravitate towards thug pug. I know there is other breeders just as good or better but i dont know them yet lol

1 Like

Honestly I’ve been working from cuts but I am running some Humboldt seed company, they’re big business so I think a lot of people consider them not to be cool, but I think their stuff is terpy and pleasant and the yield has always been good. This summer I have 5 fem strains of theirs running, Jelly Donutz (Hella Jelly x White Runtz), Apple Blossom (Blueberry Muffin x Dream Queen), Orange Cream Pop (Hella Jelly x Orange Creamsicle), Stoopid Fruits (Apricot Papaya x Strawberry Dream Queen), and Collie Man Kush (Humboldt Reserve OG x All Gas OG).

Compound has a lot of hype surrounding them from having bred Apples and Bananas and White Runtz, as well as a few crosses they did with cookie fam, I haven’t grown their gear and some folks love it, but the prices just aren’t worth it to me.

My experience with thug pug has only been running Pearly Whites (White Truffle x Meat Breath) and every single one of them hermed badly (which is kind of expected with white truffle crosses but still disappointing).

2 Likes

The only thug pug i grew was billys unicorn and ive had no major issues besides my own inexperience.

1 Like

Csi humbolt company or is there a different humbolt compant?

1 Like

No, they’re just called Humboldt Seed company: Feminized Cannabis Seeds

With Thug Pug, I expected some degree of herming because of the cross, White Truffle itself is an unstabilized gorilla butter F2 and outcrosses of it have been known to herm. I was just looking for one female that wouldn’t to work with cuttings of and was sad that none of them (out of 12 regs, 6 boys, 6 girls, all 6 girls hermed) made it.

2 Likes

Good to know thanks for the help

Royal Queen Seeds give a pretty good description of the seeds they sell and you get a good idea of what to expect.

1 Like

What seed bank do you use for them?

Buy seeds from @samwell and @JohnnyPotseed
Two well respected members here with great shit at silly good prices .
You will do much better with these two dudes than throwing a dart at a board o beans .

Just message them and see what they have

4 Likes

The cheapest I have seen them is at chitown seeds, but gaslamp seeds carries them as well and has nice freebies, multiverse beans carries them, dc seed exchange carries them, some dispensaries even carry them. I’ve bought from gaslamp and chitown in the past.

1 Like