Hello from Maritime Seeds!

Dude, we must have grown up around the same neck-of-the-woods. Youā€™re taking me back to my teenage years my man. Sitting on the dunes on South Padre Island on a cloudless night.

4 Likes

Yep, that would be the area and time. Rock on.

3 Likes

Iā€™m outta likes brother. Rock on @OldUncleBen !! Iā€™m out on the west coast now.

3 Likes

No such thing as too many seeds, no such thing, impossible. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hello, and welcome!

3 Likes

:laughing: you are right even if youā€™ve got freezer bags full, then it just turns into a dietary supplement .

Nice to meet you @Rogue :wave:

2 Likes

If you can afford it, then you can always give them away here: Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread (Part 15) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

And can sell some of them to pay for stamps, etc. and ofcourse your other costs of breeding.

Trading is another possibility.

You can do a bit of everything and anything!

But they do make an excellent dietary supplement with perfect ratio of omega 3, 6 and 9, and all kinds of minerals and other goodies, yes indeed!

3 Likes

Been eagerly awaiting until I reach a high enough level to participate in the free seeds / trades! When that happens Iā€™ll definitely get involved :slightly_smiling_face:

Back in my first seed making round I didnā€™t know how many seeds 1 plant can produce, ended up with a 4 x 8 room full of almost entirely seeded females. Learned my lesson on that one :laughing:

5 Likes

A joyful abundance of happy seeds!!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

2 Likes

Good to see another seed spreader. Welcome @greenbeans506 .

2 Likes

Thanks @Kasper0909 appreciate ya !

2 Likes

Here is a strain that I made back in the Sweet Dreams phenohunt mentioned in the original post.

It is Critical Sensi Star x Sweet Dreams

Some funky bud structure with foxtails, smells like sour welches gummies. It also has semi-autoflowering traits which I do believe was picked up from the Sweet Dreams (2 specimen in the 60 seed hunt were full autoflowers).

It did unfortunately also pick up the late flower nanners that some Sweet Dreams plants exhibited. Late enough to not cause major issues. I love this variety and hope that with some high population inbreeding the nanner situation can be resolved.

10 Likes

Yes and great for chickens too. @greenbeans506 If you want to send a couple pounds of seeds Iā€™m sure my new chickens would thank you. Haha :wink:

3 Likes

Nanners could be from light stress, perhaps dim the light a little, and maybe harvest bit earlier, that should take care of it. Itā€™s not purely genetic.

3 Likes

@Rogue It does appear to be strongly genetic, it really surprised me to see them becuase it is the first time Iā€™ve had a plant nanner since the Sweet Dreams hunt 4 years ago when these seeds were made.

If Iā€™m understanding what you are saying, it is a genetic issue that causes the plant to be more susceptible to light stress. Stress that would not effect another plant.

Is this more common with older genetics? The only strains Iā€™ve had issues with is the sweet dreams- (big bud x Skunk) x KC606 and Amnesia Lemon (Amnesia Haze x Lemon Skunk)

Could also be that any cultivar will herm under excess artificial light, eventually, down the lineā€¦ weeding them out maybe only delays it I suppose. All life is biased towards reproduction and survival.
But then again, I have no experience breeding, Iā€™m just a pollen chucker.

2 Likes

Also, do you think it is possible to breed this out of a strain? Or is it not worth the effort? I wouldnā€™t mind keeping it the way it is, and lowering light conditions to facilitate this one variety just to grow it for myself. But would really like to get this out to the public without that light stress trait.

My plan would be to hunt a large population in a high light stress test, select only the plants that do not produce nanners. My hopes is that through a few generations the intersex trait will be out or suppressed enough to release the seeds. But Iā€™d likely have to back cross to a earlier gen plant in order to keep the desired traits. Lots to think aboutā€¦

Up to you, stress testing sounds good.

1 Like

My trade arrived, thank you for your generosity @greenbeans506 !

Happy growing my friend!

2 Likes

Cheers @Yetigrows thank you for the awesome trade. Iā€™m excited to grow the P.P.P crosses and those autos, whew those look amazing :ok_hand:

Would you happen to have some input on the breeding questions/topics I mentioned a few replies back? Iā€™m trying to figure out if it is possible to in-breed the late flower nanners trait out of a strain that I made and really like. Would love some input if you have any.

1 Like

I honestly donā€™t know how many generations of inbreeding that would take if itā€™s even something thats possible without losing other aspects and traits we might want to keep.

1 Like