Help! I knew I would regret it!

But I did it anyway well my grow has been going so smooth I thought I’d go and fuck it up. My plants looked like this.

Now 3 out of four look like this
I’m in 60/40 coco perlite 4x4 tent temps 78/83 humidity 65/68 74 degrees pot level. Feeding jacks 321 pretty close to full to full strength with about an extra gram Epsom salts. I was adding a beneficial once a week or so switching from recharge to photo+ Tribus Kelp. Pots now being fed by resivoir Autopot system. Water at 71 degrees. So my clever idea was to add a little bit of above mentioned and microbial mass agsil 16h silicate fish shit. Like I said I knew I shouldn’t but I just got some samples and more is always better my wife says and I always listen to her. So it’s her fault. A couple days later they started looking like this so I drained my Rez and made a 80% jacks 321 alone.

It’s been a couple days and the leaves are slooowly getting their darker green color to them. I added a ml of cal mag last night. Now I’m afraid to add anything tips burnt curling down then back up. I dunno 🤷 besides my major I’mean my wife’s stupid idea to put all that shit in there. Help! Thanks :pray:

5 Likes

Pretty sure this is one of those cases where you’ll need to watch new growth to make sure you’ve corrected the issue. The pale green leaves will probably darken some, but the brown spots are forever.

Was the autopot system a recent change too? Or was that already in place when you added all the new stuff?

3 Likes

It most resembles a phosphorus deficiency imo. Everything looks more underfed than overfed to me.

4 Likes

They’re not too bad. No turning back the clock, tho, what’s done is done. Just go back to what was working and they’ll be aight.

4 Likes

I noticed just one side affected and not all the plants hum|nullxnull, have you got a fan? Could it be windburn? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Why are you adding almost double the mag. That will throw off the cal/mag ratio and possibly lock the calcium out (it looks like a cal deficiency to me). Stick with the 3.6g Jack’s pro, 2.4g calnit, and 1.2g magnesium sulfate from seed to harvest.

Sounds a little warm to me, maybe you can get away with it in the autopot system.

I had to stop using this because it would make my pH skyrocket over 8+ pH. It may be causing pH swings as the nutrients get used up. At that high of pH all kinds of things get locked out.

You shouldn’t need extra calmag with Jack’s 321. Maybe you need some LITFA. :grin:

12 Likes

Thanks for that tidbit aboot Agsil ph, recently started using that…

2 Likes

Yeah I’m running full strength ppm around 850/920. 1900 ec ph always 5.8 /6.4 microbes eat all that shit up lol

Yeah to late for that! earlier before I gave the schmorgusborg?? One was a wee deficient. Just going to ride it out.

Pretty new but don’t think that’s the issue. A day or two after that feed and whammy!

The epsom instead of 1.2 was 1.5

Not familiar with the octopot system but I saw “60/40 coco perlite” and sure don’t miss those days.
You don’t mention ph, can’t you do a runoff test?

1 Like

Autopot is bottom fed pots in a base with a float feeding system and reservoir so I don’t get run off. I could pull pots and hand feed and check runoff that way. Good call!

1 Like

I think you are onto something there! Didn’t put even think of all the ph down I was adding to get that solution down and the P that was being added with this. I think this might be the issue besides all the other stuff. pH Down (Phosphoric Acid) in Hydroponics | Manic Botanix here is an article I just read on Mwd Tech very interesting

1 Like

I made a diy self watering planter for my first grows.
60/40, 50/50 coco perlite, it didn’t matter - GN’s Maxi Bloom7gms w/epsom salts 1/8 tsp /gallon
and suffered wild swings in ph mid to late flower.
Flushed more often than I do with the runs, didn’t make a diff.
Distilled water helped some but had to add base to bump ph up.
Still had FG’s and algae.
PITA.

I’ll be watching to see how you figure it out cuz I never did.

1 Like

Don’t forget you are adding potassium with the silica too… AGSIL16H is potassium silicate.

Jacks 321 as is with my tap water is working great for small containers and a soiless mix. It comes out between 5.5 and 6.0 and stays stable. I don’t even measure the pH anymore.

4 Likes

Some Jacks 321 elemental ppm numbers.

3 Likes

How do I get ahold of one of these spreadsheets? This looks exactly like what @ifish and @cdnBuddy use.

1 Like

If you speak nicely to the handsome chap sporting the eye piece on dm , he may be able to help : ) I’m not computer savy but I can chat about it after if you like : )
@anon20530495

Was @GramTorino who showed us the magic of the spreadsheet : )

2 Likes

I’m not the most savvy myself, but I’m even worse at math! I’m getting things started this evening. Will kick off the journal either tonight or tomorrow. I’ll be talking to you soon. Thanks as always :handshake:

1 Like