Help identifying deficiency problem

thats fine, hydro is 5.5-6.5 and soil is 6.5-7.5

you could mix it to 6.5 or 6.6 if you prefer. what do you use for PH down?

Im having trouble reading those charts - old eyes :slight_smile:

Can you post a link to them or a downloadable file? Id like to save them for easy reference.

1 Like

right click and save as, or on mobile press and hold then save - make sure to open the picture first in new tab so it’s full sized

1 Like

So this whole damn time I’ve been doing it wrong. I’ve always aimed at 6.0 - 6.4 on literally every watering I’ve ever done and this is the first time this has popped up.

1 Like

Every grower should have these charts for a quick reference when you are not in the know it takes the stresses and guesses out of the equation.

Happy Days

1 Like

That Fox Farms stuff is live organic soil so ph is not something you should need to play about with eh. Best if it slides up and down a bit anyway but not all compost is live soil and that can catch people out. Canna terra pro for example is mainly peat with some mineral nutes, lime etc added and it’s classed as a soilless medium which you need to run between 5.8 and 6.2 (max) to avoid lockout. Most problems with live soil are due to overfeeding causing lockout although you can get a bad bag or your nutes can be duff, especially liquid organic off the shelf types. They can be duff before you even open them sometimes :fearful:

Good one. I just now found out the joke.

1 Like

That is why I am posting them at every opportunity.

3 Likes

Sorry, that is the best resolution I have as I downloaded them. What I should do is remake the charts at a higher resolution, for myself and others.

3 Likes

i tried scaling up the image but the text is a lil blurry now… should b a bit better at least… also on a desktop you can right click -> open image in new tab -> hold CTRL and scroll mousewheel up to increase size (it’ll probably increase text size of all your other tabs too, may need to be reversed by ctrl + scroll down after)

2 Likes

Yeah, sorry, that image is very low resolution. I should remake it when I have time to have a lot more pixels in it.

Might be best done in Excel or something?

1 Like

found this image on google

2 Likes

Looks like someone got upset that the original was not in alphabetical order, but was instead in the order of importance for plants, hehe.

Nice find.

3 Likes

…i can just see some newbie grower thinking Boron is job #1:laughing:

:evergreen_tree: damn borons

2 Likes

Do you use an Airpump with stone/s? If so, which color is the stone.

Im not too sure, because of the yellow light, but the leave just looks like the plant is missing nutes or, was at some point. Maybe Soil formula was changed a bit? Do you use any bottled fert? If it is not the missing fert, something causes a cal/mag lockout, maybe caused by too much cal/mag. Fert needs certain ratios to work well with plants especcially cal/mag. So if you add single-fert. needlessly like cal it has a contrary effect. So if you bring cal/mag into the earth without knowing this can cause lockouts.

1 Like