Help identifying pests that were only in soil

These little mite looking guys were in my 3 landrace pots, but only in the soil and not on stalks or anything else, even at the base near the soil. Never seen them before and can’t find info on em, kinda hard to see in the pic and I drenched the soil with Mammoth after so I can’t take more.

4 Likes

I think they are just soil mites, if that was the case they’re harmless, you shouldn’t worry … beer3|nullxnull

Captura
Captura

7 Likes

George is correct… Here are a bunch in mine eating an avocado half in my tub lol

6 Likes

I started shooting first and asking questions later a long time ago…:joy: Maybe next time I’ll let em hang around if I ever have em again

Those do look real close, thanks for the quick help bud

4 Likes

Yea, they help break down organic matter in the soil… Awesome little helpers

5 Likes

I read a quick article about em and felt bad I murdered everyone for no reason :sweat:

I just got done dealing with spider mites which I swear came from the devil’s butthole and said fuck that and went n got the flame thrower before I bothered checking anything out

8 Likes

I always tease and say I have a strict ‘google before squishing policy’. Almost every time I have looked something up, they are beneficial/predatory. :+1:

4 Likes

For the record here they are festing eating fungus gnat larvae … ejem|nullxnull

4 Likes