Help me decide about LEDs please.

I have decades of experience but I’ve always kept things very simple. Current flowering cupboard is 27 inches wide x 18 long x 47 high, lit by fluorescents. I’m wondering if I should switch to LEDs, and if so, what should I be looking for, what are the pitfalls, what’s a good brand. I’m in the UK.

10 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow!

LED could very well improve your cabinet compared to fluoro, imho… Do you have a budget you want to spend?

10 Likes

I have this one if you wanted to get something cheap cheap and it works great. It will give you a 2x2 footprint. They also have the ts 1000 if you might wanna go bigger in the future.

Spider farmer is a good product as well.

9 Likes

Hello and welcome i would say a good brand is mars hydro leds its what im useing very reasonable prices to i get mine on amazon a 2000 watt runs around $269 and a 1000 watt runs $139 i have both and i live them hope this helped

2 Likes

I just put together another bridgelux array for pretty cheap… Fell in love with these things after watching others use them

Currently running 12 strips on a 240w driver and cost about 150$ to order and put together

20 Likes

If only marshydro were still here to tell you in a messed up way that the 1000 and 2000 are model numbers, not wattage… Trying to buzz through their old closed topic to give you an idea… Their SP900 runs on 6-60w drivers… Typically buying the cheaper prebuilds, it runs about a dollar per watt when it’s said and done

4 Likes

Lol my bad didnt pay attention to that lmao so what is my wattage on my leds?? then now im stoned and curious and thanks for the heads up on that to

4 Likes

For their TS2000 and TSW2000

3 Likes

Thank you brother now i wont sound like an idiot lmao

3 Likes

Nahh… Just the number they put in the name is slightly misleading… Nothing wrong with their lights at all as alot of folks here use them with great success

3 Likes

You are right about that. Its all that “as bright as” crap. I cant stand it. Still a good light though.

3 Likes

Say £100, but willing to spend more if cost effective. Looking at the initial suggestions here, the Mars Hydro TS 1000 would be too big for my space so I would have to take the TS 600.

6 Likes

eBay uk second hand : )
Well under a 100 pounds ( 40 max ) and twice the growth of t5 etc for wat , they do run slightly hotter maybe tho

4 Likes

The ts 600 pull around 100 watts. You have to find out what your amps and volts are and put them into this calculator.

People should be more honest.

4 Likes

I use a kilawatt meter to figure draw on all my items in my grow so I can size breakers accordingly. Also helps if you are dimming your lights.

3 Likes

Or @Ice you can get fancy with screw in LED bulbs like I and others have done before

many different cheap ways, just gotta find one that suits you

6 Likes

The ts 1000 is 17"x17" the 3ft is max coverage.
There are lots of other products. The only reason I’m saying Mars hydro is because I use them.

3 Likes

1 Like

Ah, right! They don’t make those dimensions very obvious!

1 Like

You can pull it out the box and plug it in

With that you sacrifice cost and the freedom to customize as you like

3 Likes