Help me decide on the next run *NL - now with grow journal*

Time to start thinking of popping/sexing/vegging/mothering the next genetic. I want to run an indica next, so the two choices are:

• Purple Violator (source unknown, likely a violator kush hybrid, would be an experiment)
  • Northern Lights (PeakSeedsBC, old school classic inbred NL #5)

0 voters

I’m torn between the excitement of an experiment, and mine, and my wife’s favourite strain…

4 Likes

Keep the wife happy, let her know your next run is an experiment with the Purple Violator :couplekiss:

4 Likes

If i told her that out of context, she might just book a babysitter for the night. Aye, +1 for Violator :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thanks Ladies and Gents, keep’em coming! Popping seeds tomorrow afternoon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both are indica strains. Can’t you run them at the same time?

NL was a great plant for us. She was hearty and forgiving during the grow, and a great yielder. We also have no experience with the Kush lineage yet… But hear great things.

Sorry our answer is do both.

2 Likes

This is a good idea. In veg I’ll probably have them in individual buckets, no problem there, but come flip time they will be all in one system with a central control rez, so a little concerned that their feeding needs will not be in sync.

I would research that. But in general the feeding needs should be rather similar given they are both so indica dominant. But that’s obviously my opinion. And it’s a good point to raise that should you run into issues during the grow you’ll be stuck if they require different feeding levels.

2 Likes

I grew 2 auto strains in the same bubbler last grow. A white widow and a devil xxl. The widow was a really heavy feeder but I wasn’t able to grow her to her full potential as the devil was really sensitive to it if I pushed her to hard. I eventually i found a happy medium and the devil finished on time. I harvested her and was then able to really push the widow to the limit as she went double what the breeder stated. I’d never have 2 different strains sharing the same rez again :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah, if I’m gonna be burning a 1k light for them for two months, I’d want the foie gras of buds- fed until they complain… hate to waste electricity. I think I’ll save the purple violator for the next run. Overwhelming majority vote in favor of NL! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Esrgood4u, Whose widow was it?

I have a CK WW auto in the go now and slowly upping the food, but if she is proven to love hot food, I’ll skip a few steps. What was your average base ec/ppm for her, when she exploded?

1 Like

Pyramid seeds white widow auto. 65 from seed supposedly and mine went to 120 days. She was HUGE though.

1 Like

I wasn’t able to push her until the devil was chopped. I pushed her to 1500 ppm with vitalink hydro a and b when she had the bubbler to herself. She remained really green until the very end with only the tips dying off slightly but her trichomes were mainly cloudy with few amber and I couldn’t let her go any longer so down she came :+1:

1 Like

That’s her partially chopped. :laughing:

1 Like

That’s nuts! Hope mine grow that big :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, so popped 4x NL in

Was gonna do 5, but dropped one and promptly stepped on it while looking for it LOL. Hope that one was a male. Thus, 4 in the hole.

6 Likes

I was going to vote for the NL :grin:

2 Likes

Isn’t that an indication of good luck, or something. Mazel tov.

4 Likes

so i take it voting has closed… :smile: whoops, sorry.

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Were you gonna vote for NL too? It was like watching the electoral map of my grow room turn green instead of purple… :laughing:

Toda raba @Northern_Loki :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ladies and Gentlemen, as voted by the community, let me introduce: Northern Lights

There’s 4 of them, all popped, pretty strong little bastards
I’ll start a separate grow diary for these

5 Likes