Help me find a inline fan and carbon filter 420 deal

Who’s got the best 420 deal on an inline fan carbon filter combo?
Cheaper the better, small tent. 3x3.
Post links please.

1 Like

Anything cheaper/better or close?

1 Like

No mater what the price go with ac infinity
Its the best for the $$$

6 Likes

Don’t skimp on fan. It runs 24/7.

4 Likes

AC Infinity will supposedly have a 420 sale this year (according to a Reddit comment saying they saw it on AC’s instagram). I’m not sure if you’ll beat the price of this 4" iPower that you’ve linked, but if AC Infinity goes on sale for a price close to what you linked then I’d jump on it.

Normally they sell the 4" inline fan for 69.99, or 89.99 with the 69 PRO Controller - which allows remote control thru a free mobile app.

*Note that you would still need to buy a 4" carbon filter and ducting, not included with the AC inline fan

2 Likes

If you want to splurge you can buy the black covered non reflective ducting.

1 Like

First indoor grow. Not too worried about quality ill be upgrading next year or getting a second tent. Just need to get through this grow and not be super stinky.
Also noticed the normy fan I’m using to exhaust is building mold on the fan since I didn’t clean it.

I purchased a cheaper 8 inch fan and filter
Combo
Loud and they say it’s quite ( yeah when it’s off :joy:)
In less then 30 days after 24/7 running it lucky for me started making loud noises

I was able to return the whole combo

Ordered the 8 inch infinity Combo and it’s much better made and much quieter

5 Likes

Noise is an issue also. Fan I got running is so loud I gotta crank my tv up lol.

1 Like

Ac lite group is also good and has a low noise level

1 Like

Are you sure it’s mold and not just dust?

If you have mold building on your fan already, that’s likely going to be an issue. What’s your humidity levels like?

Its a really old janky fan covered in dust And lint outside my tent sucking air out. The humidity is about 80%. gotta replace it as soon as possible.

1 Like

80% humidity is going to be way too high to flower anything without running into issues. That’s even a little high for vegetative growth but you may be alright.

Hopefully once you get an in-line fan + filter sucking the air out of the tent it’ll lower that humidity!

2 Likes

Everything’s a seedling or beginning veg.

1 Like

2 Likes

Really doubt you’ll find cheaper than that… but like a few other said I wouldn’t try save a buck here its like the cornerstone to your whole environment and will probably run 24/7.

I checked around my area on craigslist and there are a lot of 4"-6" fans; eclipse,CAN, vortex for for under $50. Maybe that’s an option if you can snag one in your area.

I’d try to hold out for an acinfinity fan/controller.
The environmental controller that come w/ the acinfinity kits is a killer deal…

Gl man.

1 Like

Yeah higher humidity is fine for seedlings and smaller plants. Seedlings usually like the higher humidity.

I mean, I’ve run big vegging plants at 70-75+% humidity before and they were fine. But ideally you want to be below 70% once they are bigger (probably more like 60%, depending on temps). And for flower you want to be more like 40-50%. Personally, I have to keep my flower room around 40% humidity to avoid potential mold issues, but that is specific to my environment.

Btw, congrats on being able to do the indoor grow! I know you were really hoping to be able to do it. Very happy for you! I remember how exciting it was to do my 1st true indoor grow. What a great feeling, huh? :grin:

3 Likes

Infinity has the best tents and ALL their products are quality stuff, Just got their germination kit ($100) the best , well made product on the market when it comes to domes. Their stuff is pricey BUT worth every penny !!

2 Likes

Not bad at all. Prolly changed my mind. I can wait a few months till I really need the filter.

1 Like

Yea its in my basement in michigan. So cold ass floor. Its like 38% or lower rh without humidifier running. With running its hovers between like 70% 82% depending on weather outside. We had a storm yesterday and noticed it was at 90% rh. Hoping my seedling mat will help warm up the tent a tad cause 68s been bugging me.

1 Like