Help me identify this nasty bug, post 44

Heyy took out my digital scope and took some photos.

Best images I can get…

10 Likes

These are some cool pics! Could be many things -

Not too sure specifically but looks like they are enjoying some snacks!

3 Likes

If I had 2 guess - and u have no pests around they are simply munching on some things in the mediums… perhaps Hypoaspis miles

5 Likes

If you can count eight legs they are some sort of spider mites … :sweat:

4 Likes

Yeah, not a microbe. Looks like a fresh hatch of some sort of insect. Could be beneficial or could be pests. Hard to know without context. Really cool pics though and I’d like to have a microscope.

That could be a large clump of eggs hatching. Some pests will lay eggs on or in the food source for the hatchlings. It looks like they are glued to that mass.

7 Likes

Wouldn’t like to check my sleeping pillow with a microscope … :scream:frech|nullxnull

5 Likes

Best match I can find online
Amblyseius swirskii

3 Likes

My photo

These are only in the soil and so small you almost can’t see them with my naked eye.

You can see some of them has a blotch on the back.

3 Likes

I have zero pests that I know of.

2 Likes

Agree if that is a beneficial predator mite, hope so … :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Then most likely beneficial mite of some sort helping ur plants munch time!

What kind of medium and things are in here?

4 Likes

GHahaha!!! I missed that comment. Man that would be a nightmare

3 Likes

HP Pro Mycorrhizae and powdered nutes.
Only in the party cups with seedlings :seedling:

4 Likes

I’m hoping so too lol no signs of anything otherwise I the tent. Nothing on plants or stocks.

2 Likes

Peat would lead me 2 beleive they are hypoaspis miles !

Lots of fungus gnats in peat especially with dry nutrient ammend. HP for high posterity keeps it more wet than most other mixes so it’s perfect for fungus gnat habitat

I assume if ur plants are healthy that nothing 2 worry about!

HP with dry ammend has given me some tastey plants b4. I mix about a small portion of Diatamacious and a bit of paramagnetic rock innit. It does like 2 stay wet when the plants are small

4 Likes

One of the reasons I avoid using organics is because that kind of soil and amendments can bring unwanted visitors :sweat:, I don’t say it can be your case … huh

4 Likes

Most definitley - Watering in your plant and watching thousands of tiny buggers swim about and hop around can be off-putting at times. But technically - they are hard at work to put it simple! Fixing Nitrogen! Getting paychecks and spending it at the root market on sugarz and carbonz!

“Soil organic matter supplies major nutrients via mineralization and binds them via immobilization. The fate of C and N in the SOM is dependent on processes affecting organic matter decomposition and formation. The decomposition process is controlled predominantly by bacteria and fungi.”

In a scare - The first time I tried to kill off everything moving (organically) because I thought everything I saw was eating my plants root! What is funny is that there ended up being so many of these little jumping swimming buggers and the plants I grew that round were so stanky! I mean really stank.

Could be wrong - but these here in ur pics look friendly - If these are not beneficial mites and ur plants are suffering then maybe go to plan B! Fire! Everywhere!

6 Likes

You’ve got to ask them about their true intentions … frech|nullxnull

5 Likes

Haha! Hopefully they are good

6 Likes

Hey man, what are you doing over here? Did RIU fuck with your account, lol?

But anyways, I agree they look like hypoaspis miles. They’re my friends.

2 Likes