Help sexing sour trop

Trying tosex this sour trop,can anyone possibly tell?

7 Likes

In another week I might be able to :grinning:. Nope, too early.

5 Likes

I think he’s a oldtimer

7 Likes

NO DOUBT!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I concur, it’s a male @Patriots781 .
:v::canada:

2 Likes

Dood - congratulations- it’s a boy.

2 Likes

Hmmm… That picture is awfully blurry. If they got a clear picture I could probably identify with confidence. If it’s a male more pollen sacks would show up quick within days in my experience. Hopefully they update the same picture but clear because I could probably tell one way or another with the pre-flower if it was a clear picture. I think this is female but impossible to tell with blurry images. Just to be clear the second picture you posted is not OPs? I wonder how long ago they flipped the lights. After looking a little closer yep I think it’s female.

1 Like

I’m not convinced it’s a dude.

Can you take pictures of lower nodes? I’ve found dudes show first and lower branches show sooner. It’s got the zigzag, which means it’s close to flower (there’s a real scientific word for this, but idk what it is)

2 Likes

Alternating internodes is what your looking for.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t see how anyone could be definitive “it’s a boy” based on those pics.
George posted a pic of a male obviously but that’s not the plant in question.
It’s probably either a male or a female :grinning:, time will tell

1 Like

I posted for comparison exclaim|nullxnull, I see one bract leaf longer than the other, which makes me think it’s a male …

2 Likes

Yea I’m saying dude maybe.

Sorry guys phone sucks and my hand always shake but photos 2 6 and 8 are clearer,looking at that chart ,I think you guys are right :pensive:

2 Likes

I posted node’s here’s the flower shots

I’ve been sexing seedlings for the past 2 days, trust me @Patriots781 , it’s a male. If it ends up a female, I’ll eat my hat. :grin:

2 Likes

If it’s a lady I will shave my beard … :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Ok thanks for all the help!

1 Like

There’s no harm in giving it a few more days of growth to make a definitive decision.

I do see what everyone is concerned about on that plant, but a few more days won’t hurt and you’ll learn what the differences are between male & female plants.

No need to act in a hasty manner over blurry pics. Patience, my friend.

2 Likes

I’ve been very happy with Farmer Freemans EZXY test kits. You cut a tiny piece of leaf, put it in an envelope, and get an email in a few days.

1 Like