HELP! What is happening to my bud

Saw a bud with this growth on it for the first time today. Looks like a problem to me but want to check with the people of OG to figure out what to do. Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

beginning of bud rot maybe but defiantly mold…

2 Likes

if i seen something like that, id cut but it looks so pretty

1 Like

How’s your air circulation and RH?

1 Like

I have two small fans circulating. One up high and one down low. Humidity ranges from around 50 to 90%. Normally only goes up to 80-90 for a short time during the night time.

If I remove it, should I take the whole bud or just the part with the mold/rot?

Botrytis!
Correct RH, and remove affected buds.

5 Likes

Dehumidifier lowered by 10%. Will run fans during the night time hours to keep air moving. I may not be doing things right because I have only been running fan for a couple minutes every couple of hours during the dark cycle.

I will remove the bud immediately.

Thanks,

SkyDog.

2 Likes

That can spread fast at 80-90%, even just at night. Especially if the buds are extra large and/or dense. Can you exchange air more frequently or add a dehumidifier?

…a couple mins of fan per hour is not enough. Mine are on 24/7. I get the bud-rot here badly if I’m over 65%RH.

Do a good inspection of your biggest buds, bud rot can spread fast. Remove infected bits. Your main prob is %RH, get that sorted and you’ll be ok :+1:

5 Likes

Stinking humidity.

Brother separate the good from the bad ASAP.

4 Likes

Dehumidifier set to 50%. Will drop more. Fans all running continuously now. Will check for more in the morning and remove all affected buds, that is unless I should do it right now, during the dark cycle.

SkyDog

4 Likes

Personally I’d check them sooner than later, but wait for a second opinion before you interrupt anything :slight_smile:

5 Likes

IMHO, these plants are at great risk of total loss.

They are as near to done as you are going to get them.

You started this grow on May 5. That’s a lot of time you are risking for slightly more cloudy trich???

Have a look at my most recent bout with Botrytis cinerea.

8 Likes

I had bud rot too, it’s not good.
The day after i first noticed it… it had spread to nearly all of the buds i had to chop more or less straight away. I lost more than half the plant.

Don’t give up though, everything has learning curves.

3 Likes

Lack of air circulation and high humidity is your problem

2 Likes

Mold, bud rot, botrytis as mentioned.

Get your RH down around 55%, maybe get a sulfur burner.
That will help, but you need to up your air exchange and air circulation.
Also lowering the room temp, and defoil if possible will decrease the RH.

Check dence buds, at that stage on the pic is late! Often it will start from the inside of the bud, and not show till it’s too late.
Look for limp leafs, if you have any large cola’s in the room.

2 Likes

Saw more signs of this bud rot so I took the girls to prevent more losses. Thanks for the prompt replies and good information. Helped me to save this crop. Now, it’s trim jail time…

3 Likes

You caught it very late. It shows up first for me as a dead sugar leaf.

No one mentioned but be careful removing to not disturb any mold and use separate scissors. Or at the least disinfect.

I wouldn’t try and remove sections of buds. I’d chop the whole bud and any touching them.

2 Likes

Good show.

It is also a good idea to bag the moldy bits and dispose of them off site.

1 Like

Trash bag over bud, cut it, gently place in bag, remove from room, don’t burp the bag as you are leaving room.

1 Like