Help what is wrong with this leaf?!

Do you read the threads before posting or just want to do some proselytism of your toxics? Do you think after rinsing in water with lemon and baking soda as suggested there will be bug carcasses and feces? Do they vanish with your chemicals? For me, even a fishing rod is a weapon, as it kills … :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes. There will be. You shouldn’t have to wash weed with baking soda and lemon juice to get rid of dead bugs.

“A fishing rod is a weapon” lol that’s just silliness.

Everything is chemicals. I knew at least one of you would be here to push granola.

Fluff, do what you decide is best. I gave my $0.02.

3 Likes

I’m all for dropping nukes on mites, my last infestation I tried everything organic and safe, they laughed. I cut my losses and chopped them and threw the buds out and hit the space with floromite and forbid 7 days later. The only seedling I had survive the mites got hit with them both. Early in veg those two will be long gone before flower starts. If it were me I’d cut early wash the buds and nuke the space

4 Likes

Sorry, I forgot your brain is too simple to catch irony and your tongue is real fast qualifying people …

2 Likes

That’s a good advice, I wouldn’t throw any pesticides to the plants at this stage but yes would nuke an empty tent … :mask:

2 Likes

Yeah man nice talking to you, too.

1 Like

At this point, trying to treat it is only gonna harm you… Salvage what you can from that plant and then start a good IPM to help stop infestation before it happens

6 Likes

Half life of Sevin (carbaryl) is just a few days on leaves. In 3 weeks it probably wouldn’t even be detectable with GC/MS. Available cheaply at hardware stores everywhere. It’ll wipe out the thrips but if he has spider mites, which I think he does, it’ll probably only knock them down rather than completely eliminate.

EDIT: they spray malathion on apples like…swear to god 7 days before harvest because the American consumer demands blemish free fruit. Not saying it’s necessarily a good thing, but the food you eat is absolutely covered in pesticides, at levels far above what you’ll find in Cannabis. Even organic apples are literally drenched in pyrethrin. I’ve seen fruit tree orchards where GRASS doesn’t grow haha. I think people are a bit over-cautious with weed. Just a plant like any other, yo. I’m not saying cover absolutely everything in pesticides all the time, but don’t lose your marbles if you have to take care of a problem either. Just take care of the problem and try to be better about prevention going forward. I think we as growers need to get out of the whole “organic-synthetic” debate and focus on what works easily, cheaply, and safely, rather than just start screaming “but poison!” at anything you don’t understand. IDK, rant over.

2 Likes

Deal in facts not feelings @Fluffhead420 whatever you decide. I think all of the suggestion were of value. As for the most part it’s all factual. Go with what you can handle at this point. that’s the best suggestion that I can give you and it does appear that you may have both infestation spider mites as well as aphids. But only you really know as you are the one looking at them. I hope you have a scope best of luck. Blessings!

5 Likes

The good news? It’s outdoor Thankfully not an indoor issue. A lot of great replies. I think I’ve got a good start. Thank you all.

3 Likes

I cut most leaves off with visible stem as suggested this isn’t looking awful keeping an eye on it. Hoping for the best, also thinking of doing the wash when all is said and done

3 Likes

Yeah you will get a better product after washing your buds, whether you have mite problems or not, just the amount of dust and stuff that comes off the buds is worth the effort imo.

1 Like