Help Will green light from surge protector effect your flowering

New room and the green lights are bright wow

Notice the green lights from the surge protector are very bright at lights out
Will they have a negative effect on flowering ?

@George @santero @eskobar all my gurus please

7 Likes

Saw this on google

es green light affect plants at night?

Gardeners primarily use green grow lights to water, navigate the grow room, or inspect plants during the dark cycle because the green lights do not interrupt the plantā€™s ā€œnightā€ period. Green light mimics moonlight, so even if a plant is aware of the light, it does not trigger photosynthesis or photoperiod hormones.Apr 28, 2016

9 Likes

theoretically you should be okay with green light.
i never tested that, tho ā€¦

in your case iā€™d cover the light with tape or so, just to be sure :wink:

8 Likes

Thanks San I was thinking the same thing

New room is great but needs tweaking a bit

7 Likes

Iā€™ve used a green headlamp for years without any problems, however itā€™s only ever 2/3 minutes and Iā€™m out of the tent.

I doubt theyā€™d matter but Iā€™d cover them anyway with blk insulating tape, thereā€™s a lot of time and effort to put in and then realize thereā€™s a problem.

5 Likes

Agree with whatā€™s been said Arriba|nullxnull, although I once read that they should be specifically built for that purposeā€¦ icon_e_confused|nullxnull

5 Likes

I have several green led bulbs in my grow room for ā€œlights off but gotta do workā€ moments. So far no issues and itā€™s been about 1 year and 1/2. :+1:

9 Likes

Why Risk It?

Black electrical tape on every damned flicker. When I ā€œDark Testā€ my room I want actual darkness.

-Grouchy

6 Likes
6 Likes

He makes it seem like light levels need to be just about blackoutā€¦yet I had cannabis plants flower getting hit with the street light this year at night no problems. Itā€™s a bright LED street light too

3 Likes

When you get towards the end of video he gives examples of what light level can be based on using a reading a book example. Very interesting and so dam common sense like. The Doc grows cannabis so All Good

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was referencing. He says at proper levels you shouldnā€™t be able to read the page. Light from the street light was definitely bright enough to do that

3 Likes

Exactly so no reading in the grow room at lights out. He talks about green light and itā€™s quality and effects.

3 Likes

Covered all green lights as beautiful as possible Iā€™ll work on it more

Maybe black paint or nail polish

Canā€™t read in it but not pitch black
Darker then out side at night with no streetlights or moon
Can see plants clearly at all just a black shadow

4 Likes

Paps, I used a little nail polish on the LEDs. no probsā€¦

edit oops see you had it. lol

3 Likes

Check again canā€™t see my hand in front of my face lol I think Iā€™ll be ok now

4 Likes

I used ā€œliquid electrical tapeā€ to ā€˜paint the switchā€™.
Itā€™s a ā€˜black goopā€™ that will block the light and is easily removable at a later date.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Youā€™re definitely Macgyver ā€¦ frech|nullxnull

5 Likes

It has all been said but here is my 2 penceā€¦LOL
I feel you can have any color of light in your grow room during the dark period, just keep the intensity way down.

With the read a book thing, I think we must consider the plantā€™s point of view.
That tiny green light on the electronics is not at all bright from the door way, but to the bud that is laying right on itā€¦it is super bright.
Think of holding your eye open and touching the light with your eyeā€¦LOL

You get the point, it is brighter that way.
Typically you dont need to worry, but some strains/cultivar are more sensitive than others, genes that are intersex prone will have more issues than torture tested cultivars would.

Personally I have light leaks in my flower room, it comes in from the veg area.
Some would sayā€¦WTF???
I donā€™t have issues so I see no need for correction.

I do not suggest this sorta action, it just shows we need not be so uptight as we once thought.

I must sayā€¦
If I had issues or fears of intersexed plants, that would be the first thing I fixed was every little light leak.

5 Likes

Peace of mind : )
If you do find a herm then you know light leak was not the problem ( process of elimination easier )
Plus takes
Little effort to do : )

3 Likes