Help with aphids outbreak!

howdy growers, i need your help… i’ve left my grows for few days unattended and some parasites have spread over my flowering plants. can you help identify it? it is roughly three weeks switched to 12 hours light and i don’t want to write it off yet… can you suggest some chemicals sprays? it was probably present on clones i’ve got from friend… will it help to wash it by water?

1 Like

Is it spider mites?

aphids not mites, who told you they were mites?

2 Likes

Those are aphids for certain, they are green coloured and visible by eye. In last photo you can see sticky leaves with what they secrete.

4 Likes

thankk you! aphids, ok… can you plz suggest best solution? will they make it till harvest? i need more than 30 days to finish. i read about ladybug, but i’m afraid i can’t get it around here… will try to wash it and get somewhere sticky plates or some insecticid

1 Like

Insecticidal soap works well with aphids. Safer soap or any brand of potassium salt of fatty acids.

1 Like

I think a soap wash will help get you rid of them or pour the whole plant (head down) to some bucket of pure water or add a few drops to the sollution.Better do it outdoors…Macro photo will be very helpful as I´m not sure what exact type of insect is it. Maybee you should create some mechanical bariere between attacked and healthy plants, they will expand and itś only a matter of a time… Good luck :wink:

3 Likes

I suggest soaps too. Doc Broners or Neem, Azamax etc soaps is nothing more than emulsion of oil and water. Nice thing about Doc’s is that its Hemp oil formulated with some other oils like peppermint. The action of the soap is to block the spiracles and suffocate the aphids. You literally have to spray the plant till its dripping.
I would be careful tho’ there is a possiblity of phytoxicity. Spray when lights are off.

So spray the plants clean of aphids, apply soaps and introduce beneficials.

You could try to use biologicals like spinosad and BT, but the simplest and cheapest way is just to use mechanical action of spraying and wiping, and put some soap on things.

3 Likes

hi guys! thank again for much needed advise! I’ve bought this oil from neudorf and it works perfectly… i’ve washed my plants in water and then sprayed them… i hope not everything is lost, but friend of mine says that i should abandon this batch (i have new one ready just vegged out in second room) and start with new plants cause yield will be low.

1 Like

i applied this neudosan spray from neudorff which helps against spider mites, aphids and whiteflies

i think i’ve had infestation of both aphids and whiteflies - just look at second photo i’ve posted… there are green aphids and that white dust are whiteflies probably

1 Like

So aphids, whiteflies and spider mites were sucessfully removed and didn’t infest the other room :trophy: Plants got a lot of washing and oiling so the stuff harvested is pre-mature and fluffy. Probably it wasn’t worth to shine on it…

Anyway I’m starting last batch of Chocolopes that turned out to be some adventure mix of various strains - see my other room. Because I haven’t been able to get any clones on time. Next time I’d like to go with clones because I’m sick of cheap seeds that don’t produce uniform plants.

When you look close there can be seen some stress on the leaves. Definitely this “Chocolope” is some shitty strain mix and not “the original Chocolope” I wanted.

What do you think? Is it sign of low quality seeds?

Room restarted with ultrasound humidifier

I had these couldn’t get rid of them ruined the plant i had I think they are white fly as aphids are larger and don’t mark the leaves like that, did you not notice the adult whitefly fly up into the air when you disturbed the plants they are a curse i hate them more than aphids, always need to check undersides of plants once any damage has been noticed

1 Like

Troll why are you responding to posts like 3-6 months old those plants will all have been cropped long ago, go hide your plant fromyour mum and your neighbours.

Cant say i havnt posted on someones 6 month old postXD lmfao!! Im like damn. I really went back there!