Herbs Now Dryer

Seeking OGs experience with this machine

Shoutout to @AMunkFromCupertino

Considering this to simplify the process. Haven’t really come across negative reviews. A few examples of drying too fast which seems more like user error. Snarky comments about lower temperature food dehydrater but that’s it. Please weigh in. Thanks OG.

Peace

4 Likes

Could probably get one of these at goodwill for $5.

For 200 you could buy a tent setup with fan + carbon filter for a separate drying area. Kind of crazy what people charge these days.

8 Likes

No food dehydraters with this low temp. Takes alot less space than a tent and speeds the process.

4 days too fast. 80° too hot. This was my first reaction too. But if it works…

1 Like

For drying, you want it to be as long as possible without getting moldy conditions. The faster, the shittier, in my experience. I try and aim for 5 days but some people go 10-12 days.

7 Likes

The homie @Costanza has been rockin one of these for a while. He may have some good input on it, but from what Ive heard from a few people is theyre killer.

When I was making large scale hash, a big secret for drying was get those cool excalibur dehydrators, disconnect the heating element, and use it as essentially an air box. It worked wonders with hash, but I cant comment on bud.

But all that being said, @CocoaCoir is spot on from my personal experiences. I used to dry 25-35 lb harvests in a carport under oak/redwood trees, and always found the batches that went longer did the best. The magic number seemed to be if we could push it to 17 days(being right on the coast really helped with that). Not that bud dried faster is inherently bad, its really about that 5-10% difference that only us weed nerds really care about haha.

I helped buddies on a desert farm harvest one season in shipping containers sitting in the sun. Only about 48 hours would get them overdry. So we’d try to time it up all perfect, and if we did the buds would come out pretty solid still. Of course that was just bulk commercial ourdoor bud, not anything they were overly careful about.

8 Likes

Yes, 5 days is better.
I got 8 and 9 days of drying this spring and that was a noticeable improvement.
Initially I looked at modifying a food dehydrator but shelved that idea in favour of a dehui in the basement shower.
I like their shot glass of water for dry climates…

Cheers
G

6 Likes

@CocoaCoir
Cannatrol Cool Cure - Cannatrol.

Thoughts?

4 Likes

I still remember posting my buds dried in this thing on reddit and watching people lose their minds :rofl:

2 Likes

@Costanza It works well for u?

1 Like

I don’t have one but there’s a thread on here for it and people seem to like it because you can dial it in but you do have to lay buds flat and that bothers me.

2 Likes

I bought one about a year ago and even though it goes against everything I read and was told not to do when drying weed somehow it turns out really well IF you have it in the right environment. If I keep the room as close to 60/60 as I can within 96 hours I get a good dry. My trick is I cut the branches into foot long segments stuff them in the herbsnow then after 96 hours I place the branches in a turkey bag and seal them for 24 hours. I open the bag daily for about 10 minutes for 2-3 days then remove the buds from the branches trim them up and bag them for storage. They will be a slight bit dry and crunchy at first but don’t be alarmed the turkey bag sweat will have the moisture evened out by 2-3 days and after a month of cure I have yet to notice any difference at all between this way and when I hung them in a perfect environment for 2 weeks

3 Likes

it does but the room its in cant be too dry or you will need that shot glass thingy

2 Likes

Not dry but closer to 70° than 60°. Is that a problem?

Thanks a bunch.

that’s what I originally wanted but I just couldn’t see paying 1700 when it doesn’t fit that much bud in there. The profile pic is true I am very frugal :rofl:

4 Likes

Then I would say unless your environment was already dialed in, then you’d have to buy a environmental system anyway to control it then it goes back to tent with controller that keeps it at a certain humidity or without the controller. It wouldn’t be too much larger than a Cannatrol and would cost 80% less.

1 Like

I just dried two plants in the past week and my room was consistently in the low 70s and they turned out fine humidity seems to play more of a vital role with that thing although I’m sure if I pushed it and went up to 80 it would make hay

2 Likes

That seems like a super rip off. You could buy a food dehydrator and change a few of the electronics to make it not get so hot and you have the same exact product at a fifth the cost. Forgetting whether it dries the product well or loses a lot of terpenes or anything else, that level of price gouging should raise alarm bells.

3 Likes

Yup your right it would.

Energy is different around the $1700 industry accepted machine though. Marketing? 4 days is 4 days. And the $200 machine doesn’t require laying buds flat.

2 Likes

Your experience and responses are greatly appreciloved. This is why OG is so fresh. F-R-E-S-H.

3 Likes

You saying I could do what now?

1 Like