Hermie or Strange Female?

Ok, I can usually spot males pretty early but these two plants have me scratching my head… it has plenty of female hairs, but unlike my other young’uns, these also have tiny yellowish round “things” mixed into the center of each young bud… nothing male-looking on any branches or in any crotches… just these tiny “dots” mixed in with the fuzzy parts. My camera isn’t great on taking closeups of small things, but I tried:

This one is cropped:

Also worth noting: these are clones from a female plant grown from a feminized seed, BUT at the end, just a few days before I would have harvested her anyway, I noticed a couple of boy-flowers, so she was turning Hermie in the homestretch. No other plants in that crop had flowers, balls or seeds. I went ahead and chopped her down that day… she only lost about 4 days of growing time until she would have been put in drying phase anyway, but I didn’t want to risk giving those boy flowers a chance to mature. There were no seeds in it, so apparently I caught it in time.

PS: here’s another view of the pic above… with the contrast turned up a little:

They are three days older now than when those pics were made… here are more pics where the little balls are slightly bigger… they look like tiny cabbages tucked in among the girl hairs… They are only on this strain, none of the others have mini cabbages…

One section of the other plant:

A closeup of the top:

The closeup plus markings highlighting the mini balls:

Zoomed in on a bud:

Same but with markings:

So… what do y’all think about these buds? Are my girls trying to join a boy band?

2 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Is this a Hermie, male, or pollenated female?