Hi everyone! Discharged from the army!

Hello everyone!

Haven’t smelled any weed for few years!
Am even afraid how am i supposed to catch up the cannabis market trends now…

But am sure great peop here in the great OG will take me back to right track!

29 Likes

Thank you for your service & welcome back.

12 Likes

Right on welcome back to thereal world

11 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

8 Likes

congratulations. i got out in 14. made the 700 mile drive home and stopped at my buddys house to grab an ounce before i even got home. few of the old crew were hanging out and those fuckers gave me a dab and had me sweating and feeling like puking. id never been that damn stoned. wax wasnt even a thing when i enlisted. ease your way back into it.
on a more serious note, it can be overwhelming when you first get back trying to adjust to regular life again. keep an eye on your mental health and reach out to someone if things get heavy. welcome back

22 Likes

Congrats!! I can’t get weed in my country but yeah, i’m kinda curious how i would feel like once i smoke again in 2021. Prob, i won’t be handle myself even with a single joint lol

Best vibes,

6 Likes

Got out almost 10 years ago. Ironically my time in the army turned me into a hardline anti-imperialist. Enjoy your newfound freedom.

10 Likes

I wish I could offer you some grand advice on re-integrating into the civilian world; I’ll let you know when I figure that one out. Don’t feel deficient or maladjusted if you feel alienated, isolated and lonely in the civilian world here–it is a thresher, and it is built like that by design for minimal societal cohesion and maximal worker productivity.

As far as the weed goes, a somewhat safe rule of thumb when you are dipping your toes back in is focusing on flavor. There are a decent chunk of strains out there bred for flavor and color that are generally quite forgiving and quite pleasant to smoke. Some really smooth re-entries. With that said, there are some flavor bombs out there that can also ‘melt your face’ so to speak. I only offer a vague general rule of thumb.

Congrats on getting out!

8 Likes

Welcome back man! Hope it feels good to be home.

4 Likes

Definitely welcome back, and thank all of you fine gents for your service. My hat is off to you. You make it a more secure world with you bravery.

If any of yall ever need to gripe or talk, I’m more than willing, hit me up. I haven’t been there done that, but I’ll help however I can. You’re much more of a hero than a sports figure ever will be.

God bless America, and these fine heroes.

8 Likes

welcome back Brother! been out since 93’. desert storm vet. like others said, dont be afraid to talk to someone. we all go thru it. what country you from? a veterans a veteran no matter what military you served. like Badger said your our hero more so than any jock or celebrity. thank you for your service man!

6 Likes

I have a question about desert Storm and cannabis , I was given seeds that were collected there during that time. i was told it was a very commonly grown domesticated afghan variety that was a cross if a lowland afghan and a highland afghan. That it. Was a old heirloom in the area and grown more in backyards then huge fields , so my question to you is did you see plants like this being grown in rural back yards that all looked similar. I’ve grown a few out and there similar to a mazar , bushy with rock hard nugs.
I know we will never pin down exactly what it is I’m just wondering if the story I was told matches up with what you saw over there on the ground.

4 Likes

seems like everyone there had a few weed plants in their gardens. never got a real good look at them but the ones i did seemed like more indica. short, bushy plants. smelled weed smoke in towns often.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate for your warm welcome!

Thanks for your nice words! That flavor and color sounds interesting, especially the “flavor”. High is the priority but flavor isn’t a least for sure!

1 Like

Haha thanks a lot. Feels so chilled to be home again.

Thanks for your such a nice word and compliment… really appreciate it… but to not any misunderstanding and hype on myself… I didn’t serve in an active army. But still thanks alot for your words…

2 Likes

Woow, 93’. I wasn’t even born in that year haha You are a real veterans! I cannot say out my country since there’s really prohibited with weed…and yeah, so many people are giving me nice words… so i have to say it once more before it mislead about myself… I wasn’t in the active army, just my country requires a mandatory service for some years… One thing I can declare is that our very main enemy is the same as one of main enemies in US.

But still, really appreciate for your kinds words!

2 Likes

I tried to look for it but couldn’t…
I served in the mountain so I hoped I can find out some nice plants but there was none… but it was kinda expected as the region itself has lesser chance to find out some weed plants!
But yeah, one of my wish is to smoke out real wild cannabis plants and collect seeds from them!

Compulsory service or not, you guys are well trained, well disciplined, and very capable. That is not something to downplay, and hopefully you’ll remember that time very fondly. Most people I know that did compulsory service remember it fondly and connected with a lot of people as a result.

6 Likes