Hi I'm new here

Got re directed here from reddit

Here’s something to look at while I figure this out

45 Likes

Welcome interesting. LED strips? with side mirrors? What are these lights? I see you have a tailed helper in there. :dog:

9 Likes

Welcome! There’s a lot to see here for sure!

8 Likes

Welcome to OG @MerryWanna0303.
Looking good.

6 Likes

Welcome welcome!
Now that is some stoner ingenuity :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

8 Likes

Welcome to OG. I bet that girl loves checking herself out in the mirror. I have always wondered about using mirrors for walls.

5 Likes

I have always been under the assumption since old og that mirrors caused burn in plants. Just something to think about, I also was told white or reflective like the inside of tents is prime for reflection and does not cause the burn mirrors might. Do let me know if this is wrong but for some reason I did it and I was hazed for it :rofl: anyways glad to have you on the best forum around. Last one you’ll be on too. This place is the best I’m not going to lie.

Pawsfodocaws

11 Likes

I have burnt plants using tin foil as a reflector.

8 Likes

Dang. I always messed in closets and tents. Maybe almost the same, or less reflective than foil?!

4 Likes

Welcome, @MerryWanna0303
Post lots of pics.
Happy growing :sunny:

4 Likes

I did it in 2021 with my FEM seed babies. 2- 30 watt LED’s in a tote lined with tin foil. Barney Farms Shiskaberry half the plant all the way to harvest was yellow and stunted literally half the plant. Snap. :rofl:

![thumbnail_20210716_132300|666x500]

You can’t see it in the pic. Its zebra’d :zebra:

5 Likes

O shit. That’s nuts. I usually burn em when I run out of room. Then I just train the heck out of them.

3 Likes

Hello there, and welcome! :smiley:
Nice little corner you’ve carved out for yourself. Lookin good. Is this a first grow? Whatcha growing? How’s she doing?

Ya know, for what those little three-strip blurple lights draw and put out…I bet you could get an LED full spec board and it would draw less power as well as give better results.
Also, what others say is true. Mirrors can be quite reflective, so watch for signs of burning. And really, reflectors aren’t that necessary. Plenty of people grow in an open room without them. Flat white paint is an excellent substitute.:+1:

I look forward to your response. In the meantime, why not come over and make things formal? :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @MerryWanna0303, who ever redirected you here did you a favour.

8 Likes

Welcome to the community @MerryWanna0303 . I’m glad you decided to join us. :v:

4 Likes

That’s quite a collection of clip ons…you’ve got me beat :laughing: Full spectrum are best, but let me recommend some better ones that are stronger in umol

LED Clip ons

Welcome to the OG family @MerryWanna0303

7 Likes

if youre budget/time constrained a couple foamboards from home depot will do a better job than the mirrors. small cheap tent too.

looks like a cosy corner.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard @MerryWanna0303

I don’t know what your budget is but a grow tent can be had for pretty cheap. And you most certainly would want some better lighting for flower. That can also be had without breaking the bank.

4 Likes

Welcome @Merrywanna. Beware since I started hanging around here I have done things with cannabis I never initially intended. I’ve gone from dwc to coco, cloning, breeding and seed collecting. Speaking of seed collecting I even record a letter from customs thanking me for adding to their seed collection. But mostly it’s fun and games as long as the authority having jurisdiction keeps their hands off. But welcome look around meet new folks we pride ourselves on being a happy place for growers to mingle and share ideas.

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @MerryWanna0303! :partying_face: you are now part of the Greatest Show On Earth! :+1::facepunch::peace_symbol:

2 Likes