Hittin' the highminwin road.. my first grow!

https://www.google.com/search?q=making+labs&oq=making+labs&aqs=chrome..69i57.6476j0j7&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_kaKTYp22N567qtsPi6OzmAw17

Working on my first LABS RN. This video seemed to click with me more.

Honestly once it clicks it is the easiest thing ever

1 Like

that’s what it’s all about keep it up. I learned from forum grow logs and mentors online. Peace.

2 Likes

@Abbbian yes, i have some perlite in the bottom of the second pot, so it’s sandwiched between both pots. i thought it would help for the water to drain away and any roots to not be drowning in that water.

i was actually hoping to figure out a way to convert the pot-in-a-pot to be like an earthbox sip or something. i’m still working on it in my head and trying to figure out what exactly makes an earthbox an earthbox. like, can i just drill holes, do i have to create a soil wicking reservoir, can i just use wicking strips?

oh, i’ll have to check that out when i get a minute. thanks Kasper!

2 Likes

Just Google DIY SIP bucket, a bunch of tutorials should pop up. Basically it’s two 5-gallon buckets and a solo cup.

7 Likes

I would think wicking strips would work good. Since the holes in the bottom of the top pot probably aren’t completely connected to any surface of the perlite in the bottom pot it may not be wicking great. Also more perlite to make your reservoir taller so you can just water the bottom pot and not top water seems to be the main idea.

1 Like

Just make your own LABS it’s easy enough and you should have something in t few days :+1:

Depending on temp rice wash about 3 days and the milk part 3 to 5 or so days again depending on temp could even be a little quicker.

Check @CrunchBerries post https://overgrow.com/t/crunchberries-probiotic-sip-thread/78727/1

You’ll e see a very simple DIY SIP setup just adjust to your tent size and shape etc… There’s great resources in that thread pointing to other threads with great info in them.

Simple to the point LAB tutorial by Chris Trump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ke4OQljVmg

Looking like happy babies so far in there :+1:

:peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Great job on the grow and the journal, your energy is contagious. Thank you.

Question: are you planning on mulching the pots and covering the EB?
How often do you give em water, just water?
More light? I believe cutting tent in half vertically will create 2 9sqft footprint(s). Bezos has a 120w qb for $25. Two of those dimmable and locatable b4 flower. EB Jr will apprecilove a livicated panel higher. Ok more of a suggestion than question, please forgive.
Great thread.

3 Likes

good morning min :slightly_smiling_face:

your thread is very good lovin the labeled pics
gonna be poppin some durban and cindy mix next i’ll pop a pic of the others ya sent i think you will have a laff they are over a foot tall in tiny net bags :laughing: they need new shoes
speak soon my friend :om:

like i said in my pm things are a little shitty here at the moment :cry:

:man_farmer:lime

3 Likes

good morning, lime! i know it ain’t quite as bright as it used to be in your corner of the world right now, but know that we are loving you and appreciating you with a brightness and immensity! these have been some wacky crazy and sometimes unfortunate times we’ve been going through. but there’s a beautiful community of wonderful kindred spirits here whom i’m grateful to have stumbled upon, you being one of them. and i know you know this.

it’s not my place to share your situation with anyone, so i won’t. but even though i’m a relative newbie around here, i have no doubt in my heart that all of our hearts are with you, lime.

i hope you don’t mind if i tag a few overgrowers to join us, just to say that we love you and that we’re here for you.

@DougDawson @Oldjoints @nube @santero @JoeCrowe @SonsOfAvery @FattyRoots @HappyTrees23s

and anyone else who wants to come in for a big ol’ overgrow group hug. so much love.

15 Likes

Group Hug

10 Likes

It’s always the darkest, before the dawn.

7 Likes

thanks for your shoulder man i trully am thankfull for kind souls as yourself :heart:
and all the other OGers
grief is a strange beast

im not worried about you sharin anything im not great at comunicating it probably helps

all the love man :om:

~lime~

11 Likes

@Limeflavouredheadbut
highminwin is dead on !
even if hard times drag us down sometimes,
we all have each other to build us up again :love_you_gesture:

12 Likes

I just read this whole thread, and wow first time. Your Killin it man. Keep it up. You seem yo have done your research. Someone said you couldn’t grow a full plant in 3 gallon pot, that’s all I use and I fill my 7 foot tent. By chop, yes they are rootbound but they still produce nice and heavy. I’ve seen what people do in the 5 gallon though and it’s nutty! Nice grow show @highminwin I’m here in a hammock, lmk if :fire: breaks out. O wait, it’s all over that tent :wink:

8 Likes

Keep smiling @Limeflavouredheadbut. No matter what life throws at us the measure of the person is how they deal with it.
Smile and the world smiles with you………
If you ever need anything or just someone to vent at feel free to hit me up…… Peace. OJ

10 Likes

you og’ers are a sweet, beautiful bunch.

it certainly seems to be, lime. i don’t even claim to know all that well, having only dealt with real loss not that long ago. i know there aren’t any words to replace the loss of a loved one, especially of a mother, or to heal over the hurt. and i know it’s impossible for any of us to know what she really meant to you… all of the times and experiences you shared with her, that was your special connection. but it was heart warming just to have friends reach out and care when i had lost a dear friend of my own who was like a brother and a father to me.

there were days where i didn’t wanna fucking smile and i wasn’t gonna. life was just miserable at certain points and it felt pretty damn good to cry my eyes out. but we’re creatures of light and we’re growers and healers. and just like these plants that we tend to, who want to just live and thrive, that’s the impulse that keeps on beating in us. even if our roots are torn from us, we slowly rebuild and heal and nourish, until we can be strong again.

you say you’re not great at communicating, lime. i know i was pretty shit when i was grieving, so you ain’t gotta say much at all. these words that we share with you, myself and the other overgrowers, it’s us sharing our love with you, because love heals.

but i know it takes time.

16 Likes

Nice work Min! Everything is looking nice and lush. Seems like you definitely hit the pheno lotto on those durbs and Cindy’s(don’t even get me started on the Trop gorilla over there!). Nice and tight node structure, big ole solar panel fan leaves. Pulling up a seat for the show!

1 Like

i just got a banana ffj going yesterday, but i’ll for sure start a labs mix going this week. i read a link somewhere that labs can help increase bud and trichome production. if that’s the case, i’ll be a happy camper! my plants have just started going into flower, so hopefully that’ll be enough time to get the labs ready and going. i’ve already got my mango ffj, which i’ll be foliar spraying with at some point. i sampled some the other day and it was surprisingly tasty!

hey there @LivingBlackSoil, thanks for stopping in! i am lightly mulching right now, any cover crop that happens to come up or any extra leaves i’m taking off, although defol is super light right now as they’re not huge monsters and i’m not super juicing them as of yet (no compost teas, sst’s, fulvic or humic additives).

i wasn’t going to cover the eb or do any bokashi or anything like that just yet. i figure my new soil, top dressing and supplemented waterings will hopefully carry me through my first grow for now. i will definitely start to expand my repertoire, but this is what i’ve been able to absorb and implement for now.

the individual containers right now i find i’m watering them every other day, although durban 1 seems to want more which makes sense as he’s the biggest in the individual containers. i’ve switched to more plain waterings with them now, when before i had been adding kelp, aloe, powdered coconut, agsil, and some mycos powder. i figure i’m flipping them to flower, i’ve been giving them a lot, and their leaves are very dark green. so i’m going lighter with their feed.

the earthbox junior i used to just give plain water through the reservoir, but now i’ve been adding the same amendments i used for the containers. i’ll generally wait a day or so after the reservoir dries up before i water the eb jr again.

i do have a second light panel i picked up recently. i was planning on using that for the second level in my tent whenever i’m able to add that. i also have some led strip lights that i’m thinking of adding as my plants get further along in flower. it might help or it might be overkill, i’m not sure. but it could be good side lighting. we’ll see.

what is this $25 120w quantum board you’re talking about though? i’m sure there are other overgrowers who would love to know! that’s damn cheap. have you had experience with it?

thanks for the compliments @Pawsfodocaws! i actually just ordered some 2-gallon and 3-gallon tall fabric bags. my plants are showing sex now and i’m thinking of killing off one or two of the males, which will give me a little more room. and other growers have mentioned that the 1gallons i have them in will be tough going, so i found some tall bags which will hopefully conserve my precious floor space while giving them more soil.

i’ll have to come check out your grow, as i would love to see more small container grows in order to better learn.

thanks @boomer! i feel like durban 1 and tropical 3 are definitely some shining stars, but i’ve read that you never really know until you taste that smoke. i’m starting to see sex in my plants now, so that’s got my mind working on what i want to keep and how i might work the plants i have. it’s an exciting time right now as the possibilities unfold in front of me.

i do feel like ac infinity should be given a good bit of credit, as the equipment has been top notch. the light panel is fantastic and how the whole kit works together is pretty awesome. it has made growing and maintenance a lot easier than if i’d just piece-mealed all of my parts together. now if only that damn fan oscillated, it would be a near perfect package!

5 Likes

alright class, it’s time for me to learn about the birds and the bees of my plants. so let’s line 'em up and get ready to show you their unmentionables, which we’re gonna mention a lot. i’ll show photos first and then talk about them.

durban 1, my favorite from the beginning of this grow until tropical 3 took over. i had a suspicion from early on that durban 1 was a male and it seems that suspicion might have been right. yay! i name him tao.

i will absolutely keep this plant as his growth and vigor from the very beginning has been the best of the bunch, even though he’s only in a small 1 gallon container. i would love to see him grown in an earthbox, or at least in my future grows as i gain more experience.

he will hopefully make babies who reach for the skies. i mean, can you imagine him and tropical 3 together? not that tropical 3 has shown sex yet, but i hope (and i have a feeling) that tropical 3 is a she.

durban 2 looks like a male. i like his bushy growth right now, but he’s probably getting the chop.

my biggest interest is in sativas and he shows no great sativa-ness to gain leniency. and i need room in my tent! i might grow him a little larger so i can harvest the leaves and whatnot for a fermented plant juice (fpj).

durban 3 is a lady, yes!

she used to be a runt, but has now really come back and spread her leaves. i’m very excited for her. hopefully when i transplant her to 3 gallons she’ll really splay herself out. she’s probably the third most vigorous after tropical 3 and durban 1.

durban 4 is another lady, awesome!

good growth, but nothing especially exciting.

cindy 1 and 2, the siblings are sisters! i think. i figure the possible male part on cindy 2 will work itself out in a few more days and one of them white hairs will shoot out.

cindy 2 is showing a little better growth than cindy 1, but she does have a touch more soil in her container than cindy 1 does. otherwise, i’ve always felt like they were very close siblings, so it’s nice to see them same sexing.

this is an interesting one. cindy 3 is likely a male. if that’s the case, do i keep him or toss him? he’s rather small, short, and bushy, so is he even worth preserving?

honestly, that’s sort of what i like about him. he’s showing nice narrow leaves, indicative of a more sativa leaning plant. so if he flowers in 8-10 weeks, that would be an interesting combination to be able to pass on… sativa, short small bushy, 8-10 week flower. whether that’s what he actually passes on, well, we’ll have to see.

but i think he’s gonna go in the keep pile for now.

tropical 1 maybe a male? but i’m not quite sure. if tropical 1 is a female, i’ll obviously keep her for the flowers. but if tropical 1 turns out to be a male? well, most likely he’ll get the chop.

so let’s just consider him a male for now. i love his strong growth, even if it’s not tall. he’s always been quite happy about things, even as i’m trying to figure out watering and environment. no real complaints. the stem rub makes me think “weed”. perhaps it would be better to have a hybrid type plant which i can breed with?

meh. i don’t think the outlook is good for tropical 1 if he’s a male.

as for tropical 2 and 3, it seems like it’s still a little early for them (they are a week behind all of the others). i’m almost hoping tropical 2 is a male so i can happily chop him down and give tropical 3 run of the earthbox junior. and i am definitely hoping tropical 3 is a female, because she is just going gangbusters right now and her structure is very neat and pretty. i couldn’t ask for more from a plant, except some killer smoke.

time will tell…

27 Likes

I have my limit in my 4x8… idk if this helps but these are three gallon bags, 15 of them… :flushed: 20210821_183534 …btw I still have space for more…edit 14 lol

16 Likes