Hlg 260 vs amazon led

So I got a question I got the hlg paid $220 for it about now thos ligjt from Amazon is $50 did I get ripped off???
BXE is a registered trademark. ONLY Authorized seller of BXE can sell under BXE listings.Our products will enhance your experience to unparalleled inspiration.

Installation Area Indoor

Type led grow light

Wattage 2000W

Lumens: 26000lm

Lux: 18000lux/1m 15000lux/1.5m

Lifespan: more than the 50,000hours

LED Power : 2000W

Power consumption : energy saving ,only consumes about 220W~260W power and much more brighter???

Worldwide Voltage: 85v-265v

Working environment : -20~40 Celsius,45%~95%RH

Working Frequency: 50~60Hz

Tips for using:

Ideal for all phases of plant growth, and works well with water solution culture and soil culture. Can be used in house garden,

pot culture, garden, sowing, breeding, farm, flower exhibition, bonsai, garden, green house, sowing,breeding, farm,

greenhouse cultivation, water soluble breeding, greenhouse cultivation, pipeline cultivation and so on.

Do not use the lights in dripping water or anywhere where they will get wet, water and electricity can be a dangerous mixture.

To protect the light, Pls cut off the power when there is a strike.

Don’t Press or move when the light working.

Plug Type:US Plug,it applies to Canada, India, Japan, Mexico, Thailand, the United States, the Philippines and so on.

colour:white

Material:Aluminum + LED

size:25825845mm

Package Contents:

1 *panel light

1 * sling

1 *Power cord (US plug)

Only the above package content, other products are not included.

Note: Light shooting and different displays may cause the color of the item in the picture a little different from the real thing. The measurement allowed error is +/- 1-3cm.

Also I compared the hlg to my amazon 50 dollar light that consumes 185 watts was giving off at least 30000 lux at at 2t5 inches while the hlg was 22000 at a lower height etc??

Report •••

Share:

FacebookTwitterRedditPinterestTumblrWhatsAppEmailLink

Forum software by XenForo® © 2010-2019 XenForo Ltd.

3 Likes

Well, it’s certainly not “2000W”. That is usually the first sign that they are inflating the specs in many places. It’s an “equivalent” number to some unknown fixture which is always gamed.

You say HLG, they are reputable. Do you have a photo of what you received vs the Amazon BXE light?

7 Likes

Looks like what your dealing with is 220 actual watts which is what you want to look at I still don’t understand why they do this shit other than to hook in new people with bullshit numbers

3 Likes

“This light is garbage. Looks like something you would get at at dollar store. My 100 watt LED throws more light than this. Don’t buy. JUNK. follow up. I trued using this light. My plants wouldn’t grow. Real saggy. Switch to a 600w bloomspect and 2 hrs later plants perked right up doubled in sizes in 2 days. Please do not buy this light.”

This is one review I saw in Amazon. Here in Spain we have a saying: “Those who buy cheap buy twice”. I have two HLG and the work great, they will last much more than any cheapo chinese LED. You have to pay to have quality and long lasting components and not vanishing leds. You’ve done a good choice … :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I think @Buzzer777 has a kingbrite hlg knockoff hes quite happy with. I own a few hlg 65 watt boards for my veg tent. I also just recently bought and received a hlg 550 rspec knock off on ebay built buy a guy in north carolina. Name of his ebay store is hygrow lighting solutions. Build quality seems real nice. It appears the driver has went bad after only a week. So far he has been very quick to respond and seems very concerned about making it right. Provided me with a free return label. Says he has drivers or any part that could be bad in stock. Expecting a quick turn around time. I checked all his wiring. Checked the potentiometer and it appears that the meanwell hlg 480h ab driver took a crap already which is super surprising. He claims he is using top bin diodes. The one i ordered has samsung lm301h diodes and cree 660nm diodes. Put a kilowatt meter on it and it is pulling 452 watts. Dont have a light meter to check actual light intensity.

6 Likes

A lot of people are happy with the spider farmer lights as well that are sold on amazon.

3 Likes

Yes @Grohio …I have 2x Kingbrite 240’s. (with 301B’s + Cree Far Reds). I also have a V1 HLG 288 and a few HLG QB 132’s, and imo…the Kingbrite quality is as good.

I have only had them about a yr, and they are always used 12/12 at about 75% power (included Meanwell B type driver with dimmer), and I am hoping that they go for a long time.

The light in the center is a UnitFarms UFO80 with Cree and Oshram diodes that I was gifted for testing it. (way overpriced, but a tank of a light); flanked by the 2 Kingbrites in 3000k

7 Likes

Ok so I’m paying for quality and length?there samsung lm301b, I have the xlg driver it was a DIY it came with a potienator I think it says it goes up to 280 watts,and yea I know that other. light says it draws about the same around 260 so what is it thats so different? I mean doesn’t it go by the power draw. I thought that was the true number are You saying the light color matters? You said your 90 watt led throws more light how is that? I appreciate the quick responses I’m just trying to learn guys thanks a bunch

4 Likes

The difference is efficiency. At the same wattage the HLG is twice the light.

5 Likes

You’ll be much better off in the long run with the HLG you’d mentioned than the Amazon specials.

Lights are one of those things you want to invest in for the long haul if you are able. You want to purchase LED units that use the most modern LEDs that have the highest efficiencies. HLG is in the teir of using the modern efficient LEDs. The off brands are “who knows” with a bunch of misleading marketing.

4 Likes

Agreed i bought cheap 400MH and now i need reflectors and i can buy 400HPS cheaper than a reflectors for the 400MH…40 Canadian for HPS from university green house they switched to LED’s

3 Likes