(incomplete) Holy Crack Preservation

As a reminder for everyone, if you see another user already editing the wiki when you open the edit window, click cancel and wait your turn. (This is visible as their user icon in the upper right hand corner of the edit window).

If you get an edit conflict warning when you click save, you have to click cancel. Otherwise you will delete any changes that have been made since you opened the edit window, and your own signup will be unlikely to be successful.

10 Likes

This sign-up it much smother.

2 Likes

Thanks for this!
I have read and reread the wiki instructions several times and never quite understood this part.

I had a chance to try it live just now to see the user icon where you said it was.
Now I have a better grasp of things.

Thanks again for taking the time and making things clear.

3 Likes

Is that on a phone? It is in the lower left on my computer. Just a heads up. :rofl:

This is stated in the

Required reading to sign-up :wink:

:green_heart: :seedling:

7 Likes
6 Likes

I found some overwrites.
I am adding @Hammerheadlake and @SerialSquishy back. @HumblePie420 I see you caught yours.

@tamis, @Dirt_Wizard, @SHSC-1 and @RandomCalyxDB0 please re-read.
How do I sign up for a co-op Seed Run please.

:green_heart: :seedling: This post was meant for learning purposes only.

7 Likes

I was TL3 #49, fixed earlier. @G-paS I think ya might have got me on there twice now, 49 and 54. Iā€™ll try to delete the second one. Thank you for the gesture though mam. I appreciate it!

2 Likes

I was going over the edits and didnā€™t realize it didnā€™t update the edits once I had the pages open.
This is why I tagged you and didnā€™t just add names.

3 Likes

@Emeraldgreen . @Jinglepot . @VAhomegrown . thanks for another top shelf contest :smiley:.:trophy:

2 Likes

This is not a contest but, a co-op preservation run.
Please see this thread so you know how it works.

https://overgrow.com/t/how-does-the-co-op-boxes-work/83614/4

3 Likes

@G-paS . thanks friend. Got it.
Thats out of my league. Sorry fellas

2 Likes

@G-paS what was wrong with mine?

Oh did i overwrite someone?

2 Likes

didnā€™t realize I had messed anything up. I havenā€™t had any trouble with wiki editting so farā€¦ hmmmmm
my apologies if it was me but I went for the next number at the timeā€¦ 50 I think it was. Got the message that someone else was performing an edit at same timeā€¦ probably also grabbing 50. So I cancelled and went back in and chose the number I ended up choosing and all seemed good when I left the thread. Not sure what went sideways

1 Like

Yep you did but they are back on now.

1 Like

Yes, you kicked somebody out. I know you arenā€™t a newbie :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, you did. :smiley:

2 Likes

I thought I would repost this, I found this info very helpful.

6 Likes

Someone should make a gif out of itā€¦some people are better visual learners, compared to reading.
Just saying. :man_shrugging: :slightly_smiling_face::v:

1 Like

Doug did just that.

2 Likes

The funny thing is ā€¦I think @DougDawson is on a phone and I am on PC.
To look at this pic the user is on the left, There was never a user there ever so I thought I was good.
That was not the case.

Then I saw @zephyr 's post and I opened the wiki to look like a dry run, and sure enough, there was a user icon visible on the right there.
(This is visible as their user icon in the upper right hand corner of the edit window).
So maybe dougs is good for the phone and zepherā€™s is better for PC???
Or maybe it is an illusion because the screen shot was cropped now that I look better at it.
Either way it appears to me to be on the left, but on my screen it is on the right.
But if I took a screen shot and cropped it, it would be on the left like dougs pic shows.
Dunno really

5 Likes