(incomplete) Holy Crack Preservation

I’m sure I can do that, it’ll be in the middle of hunting season, we can plan a hunt and cut :deciduous_tree: :scissors: :deer: :gun:

9 Likes

Sounds good

4 Likes

Buds like stones…

i want to see this @Jinglepot and thanks for your work!!! :clap:t3: :clap:t3: :clap:t3:

2 Likes

This looks very interesting. Thank you for growing @Jinglepot and for providing beans @VAhomegrown . Watching this one.

3 Likes

Well, 1 clone decided to root, that’s more than I was expecting, due to the extreme heat we’ve been having, lol

46 Likes

Hey friends! If you feel like it, head on over and follow me on my Mars Hydro FC4809 grow testing log. It should be good. I’ll be starting my Green Crack in there to grow along side this Holy Crack Preservation Run!!

21 Likes

…and without further ado…

IT HAS BEGUN!

The 10 Holy Crack seeds have been added to distilled water!

Hold on to your hats Ladies and Gents! Here we go!

53 Likes

I have added a small amount of H202 to help out a bit.

@DougDawson I really liked the seedlings in paper towel hung in a zip lock bag to get the roots to straighten out that you did!!! Did you hang them in a warm dark place?

13 Likes

They were hung from the top pole of my empty 2x2 tent.

5 Likes

Thanks! Gonna try it out!

3 Likes

Yeah, it will be my go to method from now on. I was really happy with the straighter tap roots compared to doing on a plate as I always have. It’s always a pain getting a seedling that cork screws or turns and ends up looking like a crow bar making them difficult to plant.

7 Likes

My thoughts exactly, I remember seeing you do it and was excited to try it… its more natural for the seed too… it can only be better for the process and makes planting a cinch :raised_hands::ok_hand::ok_hand:

9 Likes

Absolutely. Allows them to grow naturally downward as nature programmed them to. Good luck, I plan on starting some seeds next week with this method myself :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I don’t know how I missed seeing this up to now! Watching with interest!

2 Likes

“I don’t know how I missed seeing this up to now! Watching with interest!”

ME Too! WoW! Thanks @Jinglepot and @VAhomegrown , this is gonna be a great show! Best wishes for your continued success! :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

After a 48 hr soak the Holy Crack are in their paper towel, in a zip lock baggie, hanging in a dark closet at room temperature.
Only saw one that had popped. 50% sinkers/floaters in the soak.

47 Likes

Might be worth cracking them if you don’t see more tails soon.

3 Likes

I’ll check em tonight

5 Likes

Hoping they crack for you.

5 Likes

Tonight, any that haven’t popped will get a gentle “crack” to help them along. Crack the Holy Crack, so to say. :rofl: Holy, I Crack myself up sometimes :joy::joy:

18 Likes