Holy's Garden (Part 1)

That’s interesting :thinking:
Someone is sending me some Bodhi’s Mother’s Milk F2 and I wanted it for that smell specially.

Did you think it actually smells like powered milk? Did it taste the same when consumed? @HolyAngel

Same question for @Herbie

7 Likes

I’d run a couple same thing nothing special.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, definitely some type of dairy product, powdered and/or condensed milk. Great highs. Unique flavors. I didn’t think it was anything to write home about but I did like the one I found and still think about her and homies cuts occasionally. Again, not the best stuff in the world but any means, but it was pretty damn good and tasty. Those are the traits I’m loving in the Milky Way, the mamilk flavors and high come right through.

19 Likes

I should add I’ll run some different # of MM I think I’ve got 4 different females of seed could possibly of been a poor pheno I’d run.

But that will be later too many other strains to test out.

10 Likes

Motz was saying it was the best line he’s ever grown from bodhi’s gear. Idk about all that but I think it’s definitely one of the tastier, more potent lines of the stuff I’ve grown from bodhi. Granted that’s been mostly Appy gear. But it does definitely have some issues with the herms and branches tearing off in late flower.

I hear ya though, I personally think Space Monkey might give it a run for its money and that’s the only wookie cross I’ve tried. I still got that one pack left and the mm x nepali temple but it’s gonna be a while before i get to them. I will say, the Milky Way is likely my favorite thing I’ve ever made and there’s a reason i’m running two of her :wink:

20 Likes

Umm…been running them off and on since 2019 and gave away half to start with ;-/ I had no idea when I found that mom what I had. But at least I did make some seeds.

Definitely more of a taste thing on the exhale with the ssdd, a little on the smell. And that late in flower. That particular plant took a couple extra weeks too. This is probably the best pic I had of her.

17 Likes

Aw sadness! I hate when that happens… I think I still have one pack of your F3’s left if you need/want them back. Otherwise they’ll likely get popped after I make more F3’s.

That girl looks great! I think most of the MaMilk’s ran ~70+ days :thinking:

10 Likes

I plan to sprout a pack of yours and some of the ones from the one pictured above. Then maybe cross them to get some more vigor and some more appy genes. :slight_smile: But that could change after the MM’s and I have work to do on this og kush first. Lost the Goji QM x SL BX too so gotta go at some of the Growhard stuff I have soon.

7 Likes

Awesome. I want that smell/taste to mix in with the chocolate strains. Ya kna cause Milk & Chocolate = Milk Chocolate :chocolate_bar: :yum:

10 Likes

Front

Back

MilkyWay #1 in back right of the first shot is at day 38

NorthStar #4 is at day 32

TriForce are at day 30, this is the #4

Still 100% stable as far as I can tell :heart_eyes:

Here’s where I’m at with the SSDD F2’s… I think these seeds were messed up. :confused:
In order of first to come up from the root riot.

Out of 12 perfect looking beans soaked, this is what has come up. Strangeness. Especially that #2 :thinking:
Going to continue to give those 3 some more time to see if they grow out of it but likely gonna get tossed. Of the 5 that are looking good I already see traits I like. Traits I was looking for in the F1’s and struggled to find. I think I’m going to like these a lot better. I soaked 10 more beans Friday night and 6 have germinated and been planted in root riots. See what comes up from those soon :crossed_fingers:

29 Likes

What traits are you looking for, HA? I have 7 F1’s that are about the same stage as yours, and I’m not completely sure what I’m going to do with them :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well, I’m specifically looking for plants that look like my F2 girl, her traits.
So in these 8 I’m seeing:

1. The Crinkle Leaf
  2. The Shape and width of the leaves on most of these, mainly 5-7, little of #3 tho all of this is early. #8 is a bit too fat for my liking but we’ll see what it does. again, its early.
  3. Bendy main stem, the plant kinda leans to one side like the light was not directly above it.

In the F1’s I was hard pressed to find most of these in one plant, if at all. Most looked like Appalachia IMO. If they did have these traits they usually only had one, maybe two at best. The other trait I can’t check for yet is the stem rub. I’m always looking for a Spicy/Citrus stem rub in these SSDD’s. If they have these traits and especially the spicy/citrusy stem rub, then I know the flower is gonna come out similar to my F2 girl. That stem rub plus the crinkle leaf trait led me directly to a pure sour butter girl, and stem rub plus the lean trait led me to a coffee/chocolate smelling girl, in those F1’s. I think these are mostly bubba kush traits and maybe some bluemoonshine. I’m not positive as I’ve not had either of those parent plants but it’s what I got and it’s worked for me so far.

15 Likes

My original goal with those SSDD F1’s were to make F2’s that could produce plants like my F2. I normally wouldn’t care but she just matches Bodhi’s bubbashine description so well that it’s where I want to take the entire line to.

Bubbashine smells of hot buttered blueberry muffins and kush, grows like a big OG covered in crystals, and has an amazing potent warm snuggly euphoric pain relieving effect, especially good for nerve pain.

bubbashine smell with bigger buds, nervous system harmonizer…

That’s what SSDD should be imo. I don’t want any skunky/funky appy stuff in there at all. Just give me that Sour Butter up front before we get to the hot blueberry muffins :yum:

But I just couldn’t see a viable way to get there with the F1’s I was pulling. Maybe you’ll have better luck. That first girl you sent me was close to my f2.

15 Likes

I intend to make some S1s F2s or a sibling Fem SSDD project sometime this year. Love being able to watch what you two are doing, and also gives me more insight into the line. I’m still in the brainstorming phase but would like to have an abundance of higher quality F2s/S1 than I currently have made. Your last post made me think of one of the possible paths to take things. Would finding a similar Bubbashine leaning female phenotype in F1 or F2s and then reversing it on to your F2 be a viable path to achieve that goal? Or did you lose the keeper F2 you’re referencing?

10 Likes

Is it typical for SSDD seedlings to be lighter green? I have one of your BX1’s that looks like exactly like the one you have in The bottom right corner

5 Likes

Yeah this should be pretty viable. Stuck with only girls but the right girl would lock most everything in on that first cross. I’m hoping to do that with a male. I picked up some Florel and been doing research on application rates and techniques just so I can better see what traits the male(s) may have.

Oh no, definitely still have her saved here as well at my in-laws place. Not losing this girl if I can help it.

7 Likes

They’re usually some heavy feeders so it’s not uncommon ^^

5 Likes

Very beautiful garden, the plants exude health lol

I found the northstar very beautiful, and by the way it is a high yielding plant, right?

Is it your cross or another breeder’s?

Congratulations on the beautiful work!!

4 Likes

From last night. Just her :heart_eyes: This is only my second run of her ever but she was my favorite/the best of the 6 or 7 I ran out.

She does yield pretty well! Here’s some pics from the first run, from seed:

It is my cross. I found the mom in beans from Mel Frank, (NL5Haze C x SensiStar) F3, that I crossed to Starlite which is (NL5Haze A S1 x NL5 BX8). My goal was a NL5 leaning version of Neville’s Haze and I’m pretty happy with it. Need to make F2’s some day. That A5Haze can come through pretty strong though. Even another generation out she still shows up hard.

31 Likes

The branching of this plant is incredible. ta doing some kind of pruning or lst on it?

These buds look delicious hahaha lots of resin

Congratulations on the excellent work, I’m also thinking of doing a cross this year, for now I’m just learning with the masters here.

You have my full support and I believe that a good part of the community hahahahaha

Did you notice any characteristics of it in the SSDD f2 bx1 that you made?

8 Likes