Holy's Garden (Part 1)

Ugh, so I think I screwed myself. She’s swelling up but from the trichomes she’s looking like she might be done in a couple weeks regardless. So I think I’m missing out on like half my yield here since she had a solid 7 days in the prime time flowering without any growth whatsoever.Sadness. Definitely going to run her again after this. She’s looking nice though.

Full shot, Bonus Merlin <3

Some swelling

And some 40x Loupe pics through my phone

Any thoughts?

16 Likes

eh maybe I was wrong. She’s definitely swelling up now. Looking like maybe two weeks left imo? I’m starting to see an amber trichome on the calyx’s of a few of the top buds and a bunch that are cloudy. Pretty much all her pistils have turned brown over the last two days and yeah, started swelling up for sure. These buds on top at least are absolutely rock hard.

She’s got a nice pinkish color coming in, was kinda hoping for some purple but oh well, this is nice. She smells strongly of lemon and berries, and then just a sweet smell on the back end I can’t really place, trying to get the wife to give me an opinion but its not happening yet. :smiley:

Would love some input on any of this ^^ Never had a plant that wanted half the nutes 3-4 weeks into flower, she’s down to around 250ppm’s now.

15 Likes

Been thinking she’s gonna be ready soon, like this weekend or next week. But she just started throwing out more flowers yesterday so not sure yet. To me I’m seeing only a little clear, almost all cloudy, and an amber here and there.

More loupe pics!

And non-loupe - side shoots

and non-loupe - cola’s

Still hovering around 250ppm currently… I like a little amber for sure. Any thoughts on doneness? a week? two weeks? I think no sooner than this weekend, and for sure by next weekend but I’m not positive on that.

22 Likes

Think I’m gonna just cut her down this weekend… Friday night or Saturday morning, gonna be like day 54/55 on an advertised 55/56-day strain. Least that was accurate I guess. She’s down to wanting just straight plain water so she’s getting a little mini flush before harvest. I just don’t see her growing a bunch more or anything with how little she wants nutes. She’s telling me she’s about done here.

I’ve been checking the trichomes everywhere daily and I’m seeing mostly cloudy trichs, like almost all of it. there are maybe ~10% clear trichs left where I can find some, and then she’s quickly approaching 10%+ amber. I need to hunt down the research on optimal time to cut her down, can’t remember if it’s before lights come on or after they go off but will get it figured either way.

My plan I think is just gonna be to cut her at the base and hang all of her up in the one go. Rather than take all the branches off and hang those but we’ll see, the ring of branches around the center is a bit mashed together so if I can’t get good air flow/separation between them I may have to split it up. I have a dehumidifier, a humidifier, and my temps in the basement here are always about 62, no less than 59 and no more than 64. Normally RH is about ~40%. Just gonna try and keep the humidity at about 60% and let her dry for hopefully a good 10-14 days. See how it goes. Planning on dry trimming even though I know it sucks so much worse, I don’t want to risk hay smell/too-quick-dry just to save some time.

Will post some more pics before I cut her down and then after. And will also get a final dry weight once i’m done.

4 Likes

This is everything I have currently, trying to decide what to grow next, think I’m gonna try two for next grow sometime mid/late April when I get back from vacation. I’m actually planning to pop them soon and then make clones off them for the next grow. All the seeds I have are feminized except for the CCS Affinity. I have a 5 plant limit and already have the one Godberry mom growing so I can’t do a full hunt with the Affinity or i’d just do that. What would you grow?

Barney’s Farm
Red Diesel - California Orange x NYC Diesel | 1 Seed

Cult Classic Seeds
Affinity - No Quater x 92 OG | 12 Seeds (Regular/Non-Fem)

Dinafem
Bubba Kush - Pre’98 Bubba Kush | 1 Seed

Emerald Triangle
G13xBlueberry Headband - G13 Haze x Blueberry Headband | 3 Seeds

G13 Labs
C99 - Jack Herer x Haze | 1 Seed

Garden Of Green Seeds
Chemdog Millionaire Guava - Chemdog x Guava | 1 Seed

Green House Seeds
The Doctor - Great White Shark x South Indian x Super Skunk | 1 Seed

Green Point Seeds
Purple Crash - Sundae Driver x Purple Punch | 6 Seeds
Ice Cream Punch - Gelato 33 x Purple Punch | 6 Seeds
Purple MAC - MAC 1 x Purple Punch | 6 Seeds
Purple Crunch - Do-Si-Dos x Purple Punch | 6 Seeds
Catalina Wine Mixer - Sunset Sherbert x Purple Punch | 6 Seeds

Humboldt Seed Organization
Gorilla Breath - GG4 x OGKB | 3 Seeds
Blue Dream - Blueberry x Selected Haze | 1 Seed

Vision Seeds
Russian Snow - AK47 x White Widow | 5 Seeds

Or should I say screw these and get something else? Really only have crypto to pay with right now so been super eyeing samwellbb’s strains but on the fence since I already have all these other seeds too :confused:

7 Likes

22 Likes

She’s looking great. What a roller coaster this thread has been lol. I’m really surprised that 10gals wasn’t big enough, that’s crazy. Also surprising how low she likes the ppms. I guess in dwc it’s more direct uptake so less can be more.

It looks like too much nitrogen for later flowering, if you can take that down and get PK up at the same ppms you might get a bit higher yield and some more pretty colors lol

Lots of nice beans to choose from for next round, Russian snow should be a real banger.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for replying!

Yeah in hindsight, I think the 10 gal res should totally be fine to use for the whole run. I just need to do better placement of the air stones, not veg for two months solid, and go sterile without any bacteria. The lack of good air flow around the root ball and not being sterile are definitely what caused the majority of my veg and later flower issues. Loading up on nutes until the ppm’s stopped dropping didn’t help me any either.

I’ve found the H&G Aqua Flakes are perfect for veg, absolutely no issues there but in flower, not so much. It’s got a bit more nitrogen than phosphorous and with defoliating +/- root issues and me being confused for days and not addressing it, caused all that burn and N toxicity. I should’ve just cut the ppm’s in half the day it started and I might’ve been able to do better this run but oh well, I know now for next time ^^
I did not like the Canna Aqua Vega at all really. The leaves always looked weird and its actually about the same nute ratio as the Aqua Flakes. I did take a closer look at the Canna Aqua Flores though and it looks to be a much better ratio, more similar to lucas formula with GH nutes. It’s so similar I would be tempted to run just the Canna Aqua Flores for an entire run, veg+flower, and see what happens… Going to wait on that for now and just go flakes for veg and the flores for flower for next run.

That Russian Snow is definitely the main one I want to do at some point here, of the seeds I have. AK47+WW sounds so nice and right up my alley. I’m also bouncing around between those GPS strains, just worried on herms from them and that’s why I’ve been eyeing those BakedBeanz instead. Decisions decisions…

5 Likes

Well nothing wrong with the bigger res if you don’t mind using the extra nutes/water, I was just surprised at how huge those roots got…dwc is amazing

I’ve known lots of people who swear by canna, I used it a few rounds and never liked it personally but it is a very respected (and expensive lol) line. Something like maxibloom might be good too, cheap and easy and you can just transition into it later in flower.

Anyways you know what you’re doing so I’ll stop rambling haha, nice show!

3 Likes

Right? My buddy grows in coco and swears by the Canna Coco nutes but I can’t use those for dwc… I just really did not like how the leaves looked when using the Vega. I haven’t had a chance to try the Canna Aqua Flores yet and I’d think it’d be similar to the Vega but its a better nute ratio for herb so maybe they’d look more normal… idk…Will find out come next flower time! ^^

Think I am just gonna start germinating a Russian Snow and a Purple MAC tonight for the next run in mid/late April. I think that should be enough time to get them big enough to take clones and get the clones rooted too. Want to start again directly from matured clones instead of directly from seeds. That should cut down the root mass in the res, and cut down the veg time compared to what I had to do for this current girl.

I just bought some 2-gallon airpots I can use for the two new moms and the Godberry mom I already have. Not sure if or when I’ll use the 3.6gallon pot I got a couple weeks ago but whatever. And then I’m going to either buy or make my own aerocloner over the next month to get the few clones going.

Plan will be DWC with two separate 10-gal reservoirs. Same 3x3 tent. Same dual r-spec boards(I may try and pick up 2 more of these) at around 340w. Will at least top these two plants. Don’t think I can mainline clones since they should have alternating nodes from the get-go.

Will also take pics of this girl hanging after I cut her down tomorrow morning, and of the roots. Plan is hang for 10ish days at ~60F and ~55% RH. Going to dry trim this so will get some before and after pics and what the dry weight comes out to. Oh and a smoke report!

6 Likes

Well got the seeds started soaking in shot glasses and the rapid-rooters soaking in the seedling tray.

I did not cut her down this morning. She was still throwing flowers and swelling when I checked last night… So I drained the res I was using to flush her for the last two days, and refilled with new water with .5ml/gal of Aqua Flores A and 1ml/gal of Aqua Flores B. Right around 270 ppms. Set the lights to 11/13 to at least try and speed up the process. I have until the 20th or so until I NEED to cut her down to give me time to dry and stuff before my vacation 2nd week of april. So guess we’ll see what happens.

5 Likes

Flower Day 53

One to two more weeks :slight_smile:

29 Likes

No more likes left :sweat_smile: but Nice work there @HolyAngel hell of a beauty :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Nicely done very healthy plants

4 Likes

Thinking its gonna be time this weekend. Just waiting on the last few pistils to change and some amber to show up.

Flower Day 55

And then for moms!

Got Purple MAC from Green Point Seeds, Purple Punch x MAC1

And some Russian Snow’s from Vision Seeds, AK49 x White Widow

24 Likes

I definitely think with the right care and attention, this godberry will turn out purple leaves for sure. There’s a few spots she has it already and the top buds themselves are purple too so I’m definitely going to have to try again and see if I can do better. I’m going to clone the purple mac and a single russian snow here in a month or so and do them up for the summer run. I’ll come back to the godberry for the run after that, this fall.

I think I’m expecting to get around 2oz from this girl. she’s like 2.5ft in diameter and just over 2ft tall, been getting ~320w on average for the whole flower. 2oz would be absolute crap gpw but whatever. 4 ounces would just about hold me over until I can finish the next grow so I’m hoping I get 4 or more but not betting on it. I don’t think there’s a chance in hell she’s putting out a half pound or more.

5 Likes

ugh, so close!

Tried to get a full shot and show the fade…

Think I’m just gonna take her this weekend, the night of the 14th will be 60 days and I’m starting to run out of clear trichomes, seen one or two ambers around so hoping it’ll be time. Need plenty of time to slow dry and jar after that before I leave for vacation.

And then repotted the seedlings into some Happy Frog with additional Perlite (Expecting to see some burn here soon but nothing I can do about that)

and repotted the godberry mom. She’s looking pretty sad from that miracle grow crap but should pick up here soon.

21 Likes

How do you like those pots?

2 Likes

I am really not sure yet, this is my first time using them and barely at that. I liked the fact they are hard plastic though, no way roots are growing through those. They’re super light, sturdy, easy to clean, easy to put together and take apart for storage. Really the only downside so far is I had to fill them up outside and if I tilt them at all soil will pour out the holes. Depending on how you water, water will pour out the holes on the sides as well as the bottom… I need to get some more trays for them.

4 Likes

I dont remember seeing you use the pool shock?..did you end up using it at all?

These would be my choices…but you’ve got a killer list there…so either way it’s a win!!

Great grow journal!! Are you chopping today or letting her get some couchlock cbn!? I love letting them go as long as I can…but I’m impatient and impulsive…so…lol.

Again, great job!!!

4 Likes