Grow light 250w

I only have 300w/hr capacity i could run a 250w light on a dedicated circuit

1 Like

Duuuude, run you some 12v LEDs and skip all the AC/DC conversion crap!

i wonder if my city has any subsidies for stuff like thatā€¦ i donā€™t think so. we have hydroelectric power and i think excess already ? iā€™ll have to look

If Iā€™m correctā€¦ as Iā€™ve gleaned from this threadā€¦ that an 8 x 12 room would not cost as much as one would think for electricity?

Hah! There she is! Yankee sighting

1 Like

Because my landlord started to pay my electric bill recentlyā€¦ Iā€™m worried about the costā€¦ But I havenā€™t turned on my TV in yearā€¦ I never cookā€¦ And I donā€™t turn on the heatā€¦ I think Iā€™ll be alright

At least I have timersā€¦ Are the high pressure sodium or the metal halide more money for electricity?

1000w is 1000w whether HPS LED or MH. he may notice a sudden increase in usage but as long as heā€™s not paying it out of pocket it shouldnā€™t matter to him.

I know LED and fluorescent are cheapā€¦ But the other lights should be much better?

Got it thank you!..

we can calculate : if you pay 0.20 per kWh, 1000w lamp will use 18 kWh per day in veg and 12 in flower, so $3.60 a day in veg and 2.40 per day in flower. or 108 per 30 days for veg and 72$ for flower. thatā€™s just for the lamp.

i used 0.20 as an example, you may pay less or you may pay more.

It is gonna be about how much space v.s. how many watts available no point in using more light than your space needs. That will keep the bill down. As a rule of thumb you can use 100w per room in the place without getting the electric companies attention. The light will get you some usable heat up there

2 Likes

wth is the 2nd picture ?!

Not really sure, drove by this one. Was on top of a truck. Couldnā€™t get a better shot. Part of a much bigger machine, I think.

1 Like

Those are high voltage insulators

4 Likes

On top of large transformers. most likely sub-station type. Judging by size L"x W", they can handle 178 KV.

I think I wasnā€™t too far from the Seabrook, NH Nuclear Power facility when this was taken. Still may be totally unrelated, eh?

Maybe not @99PerCent. Xfrmrā€™s of that size are found closer to the power plant or a grid inter-connect / mega sub-station. It would cost me @ $3500 USD to grow off-grid. I think Iā€™m to old to see a real ROI.
@mia, my LED setup will pay for itself (not including yield increases) in 3.5 years over a 600w HPS or 16 months vs 1000w. I think future advancements in LED & optics technology will make them the preferred choice imho.

2 Likes

It cost about that much to build my green house This is 99's Green House

At todayā€™s ā€œmedicineā€ costs, it paid for itself the first summer.

2 Likes