Home Grown Natural Wonders

Hey now. Was trying to check out Home Grown Natural Wonders site and it looks like the url is parked. Is it for sale. ?!! Not interested in buying, just wonder what’s up with HNW?

Always enjoyed the strains Odie and the family produced over the years. Frost Boss, Dr. Who, Mickey Kush, and one of my personal favorites, Nurse Jackie.

I’ve got a few Nurse Jackie beans left, but was going to grab some more. I see them offered here and there, but my gut is the family isn’t running on commercial-mode right now and these are leftover stock. (?)

Anyone here on OG from Odie Diesel’s crew or who can shed some light on whether they are still in production?

4 Likes

So from the seed finder info on NJ and a bunch of the other HomeGrown Natural Wonders strains, I’m grocking to the possible idea that “Subcool” is tied to HNW somehow. When I first ran across this strain, that “Subcool-tie-in” was nowhere on the seedbank sites.

Wondering if some of the more knowledgeable PNW heads can shed some light here on the relationships there. ?

2 Likes

Are these the folks who made “Sonic Screwdriver” because I’m interested in that. He said on a Potcast episode that it works great as a replacement for pain meds & “hit those receptors”. That seems super important considering the # of ppl trying to ween themselves off after surgeries etc. Let’s hope that strain lives on.

3 Likes

Yes - I believe so. @Gonzo I’d been eyeing that one too, but never pulled the trigger. All of my grows but the first with Nurse Jackie have been clones of the triangular bud lemony pheno. Really great. Looks like I’m going to have to run a few of the others in “The love shack”

2 Likes

I’ve grown dr who and quantum Kush. I seem to remember hearing subcool talk about quantum kush like it was a collaboration or something. I think there was a connection, I’m not sure to what extent.

3 Likes

Subcool and HGNW used to work together and HGNW used some of sub’s parent plants, which sub gave them. Subcool used to sell Dr. Who and some others. Like with most of sub’s partners, they eventually had a falling out and went their separate ways.

3 Likes

@BCC Thanks for the insight there! Wonderingif those HNW strains are still in production? Seems like HNW maybe is not in business ATM? Do we need a Nurse Jackie seed run?

2 Likes

I saw Odie at CannaCon in Denver a few months back but failed to meet & speak. He seems to be somewhat active on IG at least posted a few times over the past few weeks. Maybe hit him up on there.

2 Likes