**HOTDOGS!** šŸŒ­

Waves from across the lake!

:wave:

2 Likes

No thanks-- they have Soy and Corn in themā€¦I do not eat ANY Hot-dogs not made in Michiganā€¦ we have strict rules as to what they can use in them!
And the original 'ā€˜Coneyā€™ dog was in Jackson Michigan.
My Mother worked for the family as a waitress in their diner-- when they got ready to retire, My Mom had been with them 6 years, and was getting married, so they gave my Mom the ORIGINAL Coney chili recipe as a wedding gift!
No one else has it that isnā€™t in their family!

6 Likes

Hot dogs are probably my most delicious dish!!! Itā€™s sad that now I canā€™t afford to eat it often. I am quite overweight and I really want to lose weight. I decided to buy wegovy online on the doctorā€™s recommendation. Also, I have already signed up for the gym and am still making a meal plan for myself. I hope this will help me lose weight and I can afford to eat hotdogs more often

1 Like

My favorite hot dog topping as a kid was maple syrup. Everyone in my family always thought it was weird until one day on one of the morning news segments(NYC not somewhere small or random) they had peopleā€™s favorite hot dog toppings and it was in the top 10. All grown up now I guess I just treated em like breakfast sausages. Anyone else ever try it?

6 Likes

Yep!
Had them with peanut butter and bacon once too-- were 'ā€˜okā€™ā€¦rather dip it in syrup!

2 Likes

Steamed/boiled with mustard? Fine.
Split, grilled hard, with mustard and a smidge of ketchup? Fine.
Chicago style? All good.
Cut up and put into Kraft Mac and Cheese with a big tablespoon chili garlic sauce? Yes.

Call me a dog whore.

3 Likes

super fine ground beef, a little sweeter than usual, and a hint of cinnamon? I canā€™t remember if cinnamon was part of it, or if it was a different chili recipe altogether.

2 Likes

Hey there Bud :facepunch:

2 Likes

You are a dog whore.
Hope that helps.
Donā€™t forget the calmag.
:smiley:

2 Likes

i posted this in the eats thread a couple weeks ago.

3 Likes

Yep-- have to have the butcher triple-grind the meat for usā€¦ LONG process-as you have to render lard for it tooā€¦ 4 kinds of chili powder, 2 kinds of paprikaā€¦
No cinnamon- that is G&L Greek chili!

4 Likes

thanks for setting me straight! happy dogginā€™! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep-- I never had a G&Lā€¦everyone up here LOVES them for some reason-- nearest one is an hour away, so when I finally had oneā€¦ EEUCH!!
I am one of those people that hates cinnamon in meatā€¦ and the hotdog looked/tasted like a mummies finger (not that Iā€™ve actually EATEN one!) so after one bite-- that $6 went in the trash.

2 Likes

Made these last night for dinner tonight.

What? Grilled dogs is best to me.

13 Likes

4 Likes

I think Iā€™m with ya. Iā€™ve never tried cinnamon in chili or meat, period. (The tiniest bit works well in a pork chile verde, though, lol!). Iā€™ll stay with your version. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I guess this goes here :thinking:

5 Likes

gimme some heinz but take away the no name and my compliments
:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Allspice is the secret for lots of coney dog recipesā€¦skip the cinnamon!

2 Likes

This recipe has several kinds of chiliā€™s, 3 kinds of Paprika, tons of garlic, and a few other ingredients I can not mention! It is SUPPOSED to have the Ground Round triple ground-- but I like it chunkier!! :yum: :wink:

1 Like