Hottest strain

I’m new on here guys, be nice, just trying to start up convo.

6 Likes

Every time I try a new fad strain a go right back to the vault a crack something from the back in the day and then I get high it seem the new stuff iv tried doesn’t have the bamm

I’m
old and in the way lol

25 Likes

Last year was gak and gushers

There are definitely some guys that seem to be more in on what’s what when it comes to the newer heat. Hopefully some of them see the thread and chime in.

Although I’d say the majority of people here are growing older genetics that have been preserved.

I am not a big fan of the IG cannabis scene which is where all of the new hype strains are marketed so I tend to avoid it other than a couple pages here and there.

The only new gear I buy really is from Jinxproof…but that’s mainly because he’s an amazing character with a huge heart that I cant not support. I recently grew his new Bumblebud (Do si Dos x 9LB Hammer) is real nice, and super tasty awesome balanced high.

Other than that I mainly grow some of the older notorious strains - as well as personal crosses and strains that my buddy creates.

9 Likes

6-7+ years ago I got a bag of some of the nicest looking weed I have seen in years.
It was my guys personal stuff and he only let me have a oz for personal when I was grabbing a few p’s,I think he only got a QP of it.
Amazing flavour,super strong effects and it looked like someone rolled it in crystal after growing it it was so coated.
If anyone anywhere comes across Pink LemonadeXZittlez please let me know

5 Likes

Hey bud, welcome to OG. Drop by the introduce yourself thread if you like, no better way to start a convo. Also best strain is so subjective and also dependent on who grows it.

6 Likes

This is very subjective; and a lot of us here may not get into hyped up strains.

For me, of my currently growing strains: Kosher Kush; it’s the best lemon pinesol you’ve ever had with a great high letting you either chill out or get something done.

Of strains I’ve smoked and always wanted to grow: Rockstar; it’s been forever but I’d smoke this and then all of a sudden everything got done and I didn’t notice doing it… and doing it well to boot!

3 Likes

Oooo that sounds nice. I grew out 9lb hammer and was sso impressed.

Havnt tried do.si do or even read about it ( will now )
But can only imagine 9lb with something a bit more levelled out lol!

Jinxxproof eh!

I’m running some Blue Monster and L.A. confidential… Both are probably yesterdays news.

As well as birthday cake and sour jack… Which are both starting to show some flowering!!!

2 Likes

Sorry for being a smart ass.

If I could find a weed and go “this is what I had in August 2007 and it was awesome!” I’d be all over it.

Old fashioned for me.

2 Likes

I have to keep it changing, sometimes you just have to appeal to the vape crowd

2 Likes

Salsa Verde by HBK Genetics is a newer semi-hype strain that I smoked myself and enjoyed. Copped some seeds a few months ago, they’re sitting in the collection. There’s also Koffee which I hear is pretty good

3 Likes

Runtz is what the Hype Breeders are using the most (of seeds available). MAC, Gary Payton, Project 4516, Ice Cream Cake… I could go on and on with a list. Truthfully grab something easy to grow and stable. You will be happy with results!

6 Likes

potato runtz

1 Like

I asked my local old timer who’s been an industry guy about MAC 1 because I knew he’d run the hype stuff like the aforementioned MAC 1, Runtz, and PBB (he turned us on to a cut of gelato 33 back when it was a relatively new strain) told me Knights Templar OG would be an up-and-coming strain but I can only find it on Dark Heart in NorCal and I’m not making a trip up there for a clone.

4 Likes

Of all the “hype cuts” that have made it my way over the years, the only ones that have stuck around are Mac1 from Capulator and GMO from Skunkmaster Flex.

5 Likes

Runtz is the ultimate hype strain right now.

4 Likes

I would say Runtz was. It is definitely finally peetering off.

3 Likes

Homemade strains…

Homemade Strains Thread

5 Likes

The sad reality is all the hype stuff is just the same stuff mashed and remashed together. Of those they are mostly just a mix of chems, OG Kushs and sours.
They all have the same high and slight differences in tastes.

4 Likes

From what I hear, Lebanese is all the rage. :joy:

11 Likes