How did you find Overgrow.com?

I read around a lot when I decided to grow last year. I spent a lot of time on the autoflower network and made an account at some point. I liked the content, not so much the software. I forgot my password or got auto-banned for using Tor or whatever, I could not login anymore. I tried that send password link like a hundred times, tried to contact the mods via the form on the website, made another account, nothing worked. They did not give a fuck or don’t know how to set that thing up correctly so I gave up.

I was amazed by the works of @Mr.Sparkle there, so when I read that he moved on I googled where he went, started reading OG and eventually signed up, hoping it would be more welcoming and functional than the AFN. And it is! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I’ve read everyone’s responses here. What an amazing group

My thoughts are since overgrow disappeared for so many years it weeded out all the bullshit. The internet changed and people grew up and this site skipped the disruptive teen years, if you will haha. We matured while the site was down ( some of us :joy:). When it came back we were now grown men and women with families and a dream to peacefully grow this plant and teach others the same love we were shown as newbies on the site.

So glad to be part of this family again. I’ve ditched twitter, Facebook and I couldn’t be happier. :v:

18 Likes

I stumbled across it circa 2000, way before I grew & then years later found MrSparkle’s stuff on ICMag & then here.

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

12 Likes

Yes mate. I pointed you in the direction of your new home :+1:

8 Likes

Helloo my growing friends :yellow_heart::green_heart::heart: i just scroll around after strains, and whan i find this site , i whos hookt emedelety.
Love this 7 Days a week.
Love and light from Sweden

12 Likes

Yeh cool I have deleted stalkbook too, i would much rather scroll here than there. Green is the new blue…

19 Likes

Group hug!!! :slight_smile: lol

14 Likes

I found OG accidentally while looking for a solution to a problem I was having with over fertilizing and bookmarked the site as people seemed a lot more helpful. I was a member of RIU for a good while but got pissed off with the “my dicks bigger than your dick” Members they have. I fucking hate that site now. OG is the only grow forum I visit now. Our members encourage you to do better rather than put you down constantly. I’ve been here around 18 months now and with the advice and help I’ve had I can honestly say my my grows are 100% better than anything any member on that shit hole site can produce.

16 Likes

Jelly showed me. RIU before that

11 Likes

I asked dogpile. They said the awesomest mofos on the interweb are found on OG. Now y’all are stuck with me. Long live OG!

13 Likes

Fortunately for me, I found it healthy and vibrant :smile:

99%

11 Likes

Nicely done. And on the 2 line pip status too brother :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Like many I was scrolling through DIY projects on RIU. I came across somebody saying something about OverGrow so I was curious an googled it. Had a little look around decided I liked this community as I never posted a single thing on RIU as I just dislike the crowd there compared to over here.

Prolly best net find I’ve had in a while :laughing:

13 Likes

I beilieve I found the link to OG in George Cervantes book “ Marijuana Horticulture “ and the rest it history!

13 Likes

Found the original og sometime in probably 2001 or 02 while researching for my grows back then. No idea how I came upon og, I think another site was called yahooka, and I seem to remember another that was linked w high times or cannabis culture magazine.

Anyways, I gave up growing in 05, can’t even remember if I knew the site was down or not. Like someone else has said, I’m a lot more grown up, life is more safe and secure for a grow, the total environment around cannabis has changed so I’m starting to gear up for my first op in almost 15 years! Came back on not really knowing it was down all that time but love the attitude and atmosphere around here. Hands down best cannabis site there is!

9 Likes

I don’t know RIU apart from links popping up during research sometimes, never really read around there. But it’s amazing how many negative mentions I have seen of it on OG. Must be a great place. :laughing:

8 Likes

Came across the sight through google I believe about a little over a year ago while looking for microgrow infowars if I do recall. Favorite place to be now for sure

9 Likes

This site was referred to me by my good friend, DrkestStar, and I can’t thank him enough. I love the OG’s community feel and the sharing of knowledge.

11 Likes

My neighbor turned me on to the site in March when he gifted me a plant. I love all the information I’ve read so far. Great site even though I’m just lurking and learning most days.

10 Likes

Well welcome to the site bro good luck on your grow :+1::100:

4 Likes