How do you cope with pain.. without painkillers

Hi everyone… need your help…

I have had the misfortune of most of my adult life having to cope with stress, operations… and pain.

I was operated a few times, knees and hips… all was going well and good… new job etc… but lately I started to have pains in my hips, lower back… now I hate taking painkillers and the sort…

Does anyone know a strain that can help me without getting me KO? I need to function… and right now it’s being quite challenging… once again.

Other tips or suggestions are welcome! Feel free to participate and share.

Thanks to all.

Add here you suggestions: suggestion and your name. It doesn’t have to be your creation/ invention

• Sunshine Day dream @allotment

• Purple kush @Esrgood4u

• Pink Panama CBG @Banquo

• tennis ball @Tejas

• Oaxaca @Upstate
    -CBD (link below) , talk therapy, anti-depressants from my doctor . Diet changes (low inflammatory foods) @PetalPowerseed

• reverse hyperextensions (exercise) - @ketamine_hand_grenade

• swimming

27 Likes

Sometimes, I use cannabis.

No, but seriously, also curious to hear what others do…I’m mostly a smoker, but feel like it isn’t addressing my disc-related pain the way it used to a few years ago.

7 Likes

Oaxaca really helps. After smoking it for about a year I have finally isolated the quality that makes it work. It is impossible for your brain to multi- task while smoking Oaxaca. That means that as long as you are doing anything at all it is not possible for you to think about pain. You’ll be thinking about that other thing, regardless of what it is. A movie, socializing, puttering around the yard. really just about anything.
Have you looked into kratom? I took painkillers for around five or six years and then quit for a couple years, tho always still in pain until a friend told me about kratom . It has also helped me a lot. Between that and Oaxaca I have my pain under control most of the time.
I have 2 discs out of place, herniated and leaking into the nerve canal in my lower back and a bulging disc or two in my upper back. After suffering my lower back injury I hurt myself again by falling 18 feet and landing on my ass on a metal bar, compacting all the vertebrae in my back to give an idea of what kind of pain I deal with)

26 Likes

I’m currently running a Pink Panama CBG auto from Sebrings site, hoping to find some relief with her. My rotator cuff is more or less shot, and aches constantly. I’m in the same “don’t wanna take pharma meds” boat as a lot of OGers, so cannabis is my preferred way to go. If it helps me, it might help others, so I’ll do a seed run if it does. I’m looking for something mild that I can smoke as needed, without risking incapacity.

Good luck on your search. I’m definitely following along with interest to see what others have found relief with.

7 Likes

Try edibles made from none decarboxylated cannabis for the perfect pain relief. You can make tea with fans leaves also even steep them in your coffee. It works surprising well.

6 Likes

Edibles are the way to go for longer lasting relief and you can use a mix of decarbed, not decarbed and cbd flower or concentrates to tailor them perfectly for yourself. After some testing and playing around with ratios, etc. I do enjoy smoking but much prefer edibles to medicate. And you get a lot more medical benefits from eating it over smoking as well

5 Likes

I hear blueberry, ssdd, and bubba can help with pain.i too am suffering from back problems…stenosis …and…hell I can show you better than I can tell you.

12 Likes

So far the only thing that I’ve found working with my Sciatica flair ups and my partners chronic migraines without total head fog is Purple Kush.

I just ordered DSMO oil which I will be adding to my topical salves to increase their muscle penetration versus just the epidermis. As for ingesting, I find MCT oil tincture also help fast as it goes right to the brain.

I’m still entourage effect hunting for this as well @curiouscat and have been jotting down the suggestions here as well :hugs:

14 Likes

Purple vertical line is supposed to be center…I’m definitely not centered…I’m curved one way lower and the other way up top… I’m literally crooked :laughing: also have missing spinal fluid .and whatnot…:laughing:waking up hurts

6 Likes

I’m with @Upstate. I’ve been taking Kratom about 4-5 years now. It mimics pain killers but isn’t addictive. It can be habit forming a bit, but I’ve gone without it without any problems.

I was in a helicopter crash in '81 and have been in some sort of chronic pain since then. Plus, I had multiple accidents doing construction and have had around 10-12 surgeries. Pills are a dead end road.

Kratom comes from the leaves of a tree in Indonesia. The way they dry it creates different effects. There are basically 3 “colors”, Red -usually more sedative and a good evening strain. White - is normally more racy/energy upper sort of effects and Green - is more in the middle. Green reminds me more of opioid pills.

It’s pretty amazing considering it’s just a leaf from a tree. It’s been used by indigenous people for thousands of years. It beats pills all day long. Pills work for about a week or so and then your tolerance kicks in and it takes more and more to do what 1 pill would do before. And, the withdrawal from pain pills can be horrible.

There’s tons of info online about it. I can offer a good source from Colorado if you ever feel like giving it a try. You can function all day and it sort of gives you energy when you start working after taking it. Just be picky about the source. Smoke shops sell Kratom, but it’s not pure and who knows what’s in it. My source is legal and been at it for abut 6-7 years. He’s apart of the Kratom Assoc. and institutes stringent testing to guarantee the product. If you can find a good place you like, stick with them. I know of another place in New Jersey, but his shipping to me was too much hassle. Now, I’m back with the place I first started with. Some states won’t allow shipping of Kratom to them.

It helps me take the edge off and helps me when working. I was told way back, by my doctor, that the injuries suffered in the chopper crash would come back to haunt me in my older years. He was right. ugh! peace

20 Likes

You mean edibles that aren’t cooked? Won’t cooking decarboxylate your weed?
Heard about eating leaves or making tea out of them. In malawi chewing fresh leaves is used for toothaches.
I’m going to try a tea.

8 Likes

Def beats pills, which will eventually kill you. The same amount of kratom has worked for me for years. I never crave more. I’ve taken it every day for a year and a half and stopped after ( easily) weaning the amount down for a week or so. No problems at all. I’d say its habit forming in the same way coffee is but not at all like opiates, which i will never recommend.
@HappyTrees23s will find this info useful

9 Likes

Black Diamond (Black Domina x 92 OG from node labs) is still the most similar to opiates effects wise of any cannabis I’ve tried. Extremely numbing spinning body effect in high doses. Certainly helps my aches and pains in the evenings but, puts you to sleep and makes you hungry too.

8 Likes

I’m referring to edibles such a rice crispy treats , or chocolates, or gummies that can be made without much heat.
Also, baked goods such as cupcakes and brownies internal temperature doesn’t support decarboxylation.
On the opposite spectrum I have made cookies that also didn’t have any high effect. I assume that was because they got too hot in the baking process.

5 Likes

I find the strains that give me best relief are mostly Indica, preferably Kush crosses. Edibles work best but a high enough dose gives me bad stomach issues. I use a herb vape now which is way better

6 Likes

Mct? Whats that?

3 Likes

I suffer with cppd in my knees and back. I crack and pop whenever I stand up from a sitting position. It can be really painful at times. I use cannabis obviously but also nightly heat treatment such as wheat bags and heat sprays so I’m comfortable enough that I can get some sleep. I think I’ll need my knees replacing at some point in the future. :v:

7 Likes

I have used it infused with CBD, instant relief, ok, takes a couple of minutes. But mainly neuropathic pain. I do have back issues because of a ruptured disc and sciatic pain, not too sure if it is as good for them. I spent years stretching and managing the back pain. Would be in rough shape if I didn’t do that, I can notice in two days if I stop.

8 Likes

I agree with @Upstate on Oaxacan strains. My brother in law calls them “working man’s weed” because it relieves physical pain, gives you a lift, makes life sunnier and motivates you. I’ve found that of all the herb I’ve worked with, it’s the one genetic that I can smoke all day and keep my wits, energy while still feeling high.

I’d definitely recommend Kratom as well. It’s addictive and will give you withdrawals like opiates, but it’s easier to manage. Keep your dosing 5 hours apart (more is not more when it comes to Kratom and the two different opioid antagonists), switch strains and keep your total usage under 6-8 grams a day and you shouldn’t have issues. Take days off and taper a bit when quitting, but it’s a lifesaver for a lot of people.

9 Likes

+1 for purple kush. I grow the kannabia version often and it massively helps with ANY pain issues I’ve got. Got to be careful though not to go to far otherwise its “night night” time. Purple kush also gives me a slight cannabis hangover next morning.

6 Likes