How do you deal with State Grow Limits (Loopholes.)?

One of the biggest problems for me when I first started growing was the 12 plants per client.
There was no real explanation as to what would be counted Clones,Mother’s,Veg & Bud.
I found what I thought was a loophole allowing me to double my count after the clones have been established.
Any one els have to deal with amount problems & how did you deal with it?

5 Likes

We have a 6 flower 6 veg 6 clone rule

4 Likes

Air layering, grafting, and tissue culture would be a few examples of loopholes I can think of off the top of my head.

12 Likes

Your also allowed to grow for two other patients along with yourself. That 18 per person. Surely you have a couple friends with medical cards who are not planning to grow.

2 Likes

grow massive trees. 4 plants vegged for 8+ weeks can yield a pretty respectable quantity of nug

4 Likes

I would Graft two established clones of the same Strains together then put in Veg.
I’ve even did three as one at one time.
As long as they are the same strain,I considered it as one plant.
So, between me & my client instead of having 24, I would be growing 48+.

I would deal with state limits with a big ass Carbon filter :joy::joy:

33 Likes

Hell my state limit is 0 lol and the prize for exceeding it is 5-10 year state sponsored vacation

26 Likes

Think yer confusin graft n combining pots.

Grafting involves making the 2 stalks grow together above the soil n combine to only have 1 root system. Not ez to do w weed.

1 Like

Not easy but learnable and fun!
Note: the dude I did it to went full on herm.
Your milage may vary.

1 Like

I have had success with grafting mother’s together, and keeping em in veg for a year. Flowering grafted plants is a different story. 1 roots system developed for only part of the plant, never lead to anything good. Deficiency left and right and just sad looking.

If you are going to make a grafted mother, I had the best results using a mom grown from seed not clone. Tap root I guess makes the difference. Also, it’s not nearly as complicated as it sounds. Just need scissors, tape and some rooting hormone.

If there isn’t a wiki for it, I’ll make one soon.

-GH

8 Likes

I understand what grafting is. Lets see yer pics GH.

The way @TheMightySeaman said it indicates 2 rooted clones in 1 pot:

My state is zero recreational althought up to 5 is a civil infraction(e.g. ticket) for $100-$200. Medical can do 5 plants no problem. However, the state defines a plant as being 5" tall but they also don’t define if that’s from the top of the soil/media, the start of the roots, or including the entire root structure… My guess is a couple clones are fine and nothing to worry about as long as they’re under 5 inches from the top of the rooter.

2 Likes

Its a $100 fine where i live for unlicensed cultivation ticket up to 99 plants. Any idea on what the consequences are for getting caught going over your limit? Id say 2 mothers, 5 clones budding, 5 vegging all the time would be the way to go if you wanna keep it legal

3 Likes

I’d just slice the joining sides of the rooted clones and tape them together.
After a few weeks remove the tape.
They looked like X at the beginning.
Never had a problem with one side & not the other, if something did happen it happened to both.

3 Likes

I’d check NORML.org, they have all the laws and penalties listed.
For instance Cali has 6 plants recreational is fine, any more than 6 is a criminal misdemeanor, $500 fine, and up to 6mo in jail. My guess if you have a medical license for 99 plants and grow more than that then it’d be the same misdemeanor and fine and jailtime that recs get for growing more than 6. That’s at least how it works here.

6 Likes

I was wondering about the medical card limit and then just the recreational limit and whether one could cancel the other one out, i.e. if I had a medical card could I grow more than the 6 plant limit? The way I THOUGHT it read was that the limit is 6 plants at ANY stage of life was the limit PERIOD, but are you saying that the med card, (which I possess) cancels that limit and the 99 plant rule would apply?

Out medical (NM) is four floweing and twelve non-flowering. A seedling or urooted cutting are counted as non-flowering plants. We are limited to 230 grams per cycle.

4 Likes

How about being glad you get to grow plants period and not trying to find loopholes to grow more lol

I’m rec legal and I still can’t put seed to soil or water, be happy that you can even grow and just go with it. Greed is the enemy of all :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

If they are the same genetics & joined together sharing their system.
They can’t define them as being separate plants.
That’s what I though when it came to mind & starting doing it.
Luckily, I’ve never had to contest it in a legal manner.
But, the few growers that I’ve talked to about it had never even thought of that method and left very intrigued.