How do you reveg your plants when they are being harvested?

Hey there OG. So I am about to chop a Sour Bubble that is just a really amazing plant. Folks keep saying I should reveg it which I have never done before. I found a post from 2017 but it doesn’t really have much info so I wanted to start this one and get you all to provide your tips and methods for this. How much do you leave on the plant? Do you leave buds or just some leaves? Do you trim the root ball and replant in bigger pot. How strong do you mix your vegging nutes? Do you have pics you can upload to share your methods? Help save a poor little Sour Bubble for future cloning.

27 Likes

Interesting subject, I’m all eyes … icon_e_surprised|nullxnull

Edit: Hey, that guy’s amazed with your zip ties trick … frech|nullxnull

11 Likes

I cut down to a few small popcorn buds, leave them.

I only did this once but I was successful, the suggestions in your journal had some nice tips. If I ever reveg again I’ll be up potting, 24/0 and veg nutes.

8 Likes

what i do is transplant them to a bigger pot if the roots have reached the bottom.
I feed them with nitrogen or veg feed, change the cycle to 18/6 and put them under a 400w hqi lamp with blue spectrum, but just increase the light and the light period should work, although it may take longer.

every time I trimmed I think I cut too much and they don’t reveg it so I don’t do that anymore when I need to take seeds I do it with tweezers so I don’t have to cut

6 Likes

Patience is the thing you will need the most. As @GCBudz says you can do it with a couple small nugs near the base. I did cut the roots back as I couldn’t up pot. It will take a while (couple months) to turn around and begin to show new growth. Then it will gradually morph to getting regular leaves and growth. You should then end up with a very bushy plant.

6 Likes

Leave a bottom bud, put on 24/hr veg lighting high humidity keep it watered and fed some nitrogen

2 Likes

So true! It takes ages to re-veg!

2 Likes

Not always, I’ve had stuff start back up in less than a month.

3 Likes

I remove all buds, snip any new that try to start, remove apical cola at lowest point above say four branches, force almost breaking the branches to ground level. Lower light power or raise light height.
Branches will quickly begin branches shooting vertically, most will not try to bud like a bud site. wait til large enough to cut and clone, if held at 18/6 they will veg, if hit with 12/12 you will be super cropping your strain. Done it many, many times, as always IMHO

4 Likes

Doug! I wanted to show you this

Some strains don’t like to reveg and will take forever… I think it has to do with whats-his-face veg hormone having a hard time taking over.

Ime, most will reveg in about a month

Sour bubble being a prolific root builder, I’d cut em back for sure

Do not overwater, repeat

Do not overwater

Lower light levels and a nice N boost will make it reveg np

Ps: b1 will cause a plant to reveg even when flowering full force, so use b1 on the stubborn plants. Bend em to your will, yarr lol

5 Likes

So I will post some pics shortly. The Sour Bubble does not have much to it as it topped itself at the first node. There are some nice low buds so I am going to chop some stuff and than come back for advice on what more to do. My first weeks holidays is not till July so I have until than to get things going, not a big deal if it takes a while. This thing is in a tiny pot so I am going to up pot it since I have plenty of coco and pots. Will got into a dedicated 2x2 for this process. Be back shortly, thanks for all the guidance OG.

6 Likes

Ok so take a look at these pics. What more can I trim? The base is bursting with buds.

11 Likes

BOG showed and I do chop about 1.5 inches off bottom clean cut, but went around outside and removed a bit of small breather roots without cutting main branches. Snip all buds with xacto razor, leave leafs. Double pot into your fav soil. I add Labs & Dynamyco

3 Likes

I wouldn’t cut all the buds,new growth will come out of calixes

4 Likes

In my opinion, buds say we have a shot at making seed.
No buds our only choice is die or reveg, no plant wants to die unless it has seed. Again IMHO

3 Likes

To be safe you can keep 4-5 leaf and bud combo, the rest can go…

Ultimately you can keep 1 tiny bud or reveg a whole plant. Depends how much you trust the plant hah.

@Astrodude I’ll have to politely disagree with that motion. I kind of understand the logic behind what you’re saying but nonononono lol

4 Likes

But thing is, its how we do. done did and done. won’t do it different cause it works for my experiences.
Not a trying thing, a doing thing.

1 Like

I got a couple coming to that stage, I’ll make a little pictorial challenge to both concepts.

3 Likes

Ok, I stripped more, how does this look? Take more bud off or LITFA? I will up pot it.

13 Likes

Looks good :+1:

I’d up pot and leave it be

7 Likes