How hot of temperatures can you flower in

At what high temp does the trichomes start to lost thc or devalue

1 Like

Well, you really want to keep temperatures cool during flower. Temperatures above 85 degrees and most plants stop growing or slow down dramatically. You can’t do much for outdoors, other than turning on fans to help with humidity and mold problems late in flower.
Inside, if you keep your grow temp near 72, that should be good. You can go cooler, but not as critical in early flower. Drop the temp a little towards the end of flower.
Good luck!

4 Likes

I tried to never let temps get into upper 80s in flower if I were able. Ideally, I liked to keep the room closer to 68-70 or low as 62-64 if I were trying to coax out some color or purpling. I grew in situations where I was fighting to keep the temp under 85 for a spell, and I think the flower I grew (overall) suffered some density and that tightly compact bag appeal due to this.

3 Likes

Sounds like you have some nice nugs comin soon ; )

In doors with hps 400 watt light in the heat of the summer the temperature hit 94 ish i made sure there were some fans circulating the air not the best conditions

1 Like

Cool tube light and fan exhaust. Add an a/c unit and cool to 70 degrees.

1 Like

I’ve read from quite a few people that with the white quantum board like LEDs that you’re safe up to around 85/86 degrees Fahrenheit and that you may actually get the best growth from them at 82-84 with these lights. This is due to the boards generally lacking IR/UV bands compared to HIDs; so you need the higher room temps to get the leaf temps where they need to be for proper photosynthesis.

I can’t verify that yet though, my first grow with them never went past 74. This current one is running around 77/78 so far and Ive noticed faster growth with that but it could also just be that these strains are better. Way too early for me to make any informed decision sadly. For HIDs though when I ran them, I always tried to stay around 77/78 degrees at all times.

For sure you want to stay under 90 degrees if at all possible regardless of light you use.

5 Likes

if you are supplementing with Co2 the plants can handle 5-10 degrees above the otherwise ideal temps

7 Likes

I am! My rooms at 82-85 when I run the dehumidifier, otherwise it’s at 77

2 Likes

This is very interesting! Because I think in the next year I may be switching to spider farmer leds

3 Likes

Without CO2 82°. With you can push them closer to 90°.

7 Likes

Remember to lower your feed ec/ppm , as the plants shall drink more to keep cool : )

6 Likes