Since when are you on Cannabis scene?

I realized the other day that with all the states legalizing things and all the new smokers and partakers of the ganja, that me with my small 14 years of smoking I’ve become an “old head”

7 Likes

14years hell no you are a puppy try 44 years then we talk old

8 Likes

Well, I am a true fossil.
I just celebrated my 50 years of toking up the blessed herb.
June 1967 was my initial smoking foray.
Changed my life.
For better or worse?

Too late now😎

12 Likes

Hail to the village elder, we wish you a long happy continuance in your foray

7 Likes

Hahaha…thanks @Uncle_Al but I am not the true elder. There was a gentleman who posted here a couple of months ago…his name escapes me…anyway, he said he was 71 years old. Hahaha…I am not quite 70 yet…if I am lucky, I will make it.
Gotta keep on tokin’ it up!

1 Like

Was that the guy that grew 10+lb plants and was into research?

'Twas 1972 for me when I first lit up. 45 year ago now. Though I was around the weed culture in NorCal starting in 1966. So 51 years on the scene, man. In 1967 I remember going to the Big Sur Folk Festival, and there was a stoned out hippie there that looked at me and said, “May the fleas of a thousand gypsies, lay their eggs in your Rice Crispies.” I never forgot that.

I also started growing weed in '72. Dumped a whole bag of seeds into a big cat litter box filled with soil. Got 100 plants started that way. My mom found them and made me get rid of them, so I cut a deal with some HS friends. They planted them in Carmel Valley and I was to get 5 or so females of my choice when they were ripe in the fall. Well, that was all growing just fine until the foreman of the ranch found the grow patch and pulled them all up. My first big grow ended in failure. I did however, reserve one plant that year from the cat box that I planted behind a pine tree that I kept out of sight and my mother never found it. I harvested it in October when the rains came and it was 5 feet tall. It was a female, and good smoke, but of Colombian origin so the buds were all really small. But compared to bag weed at that time, it was STELLAR! We smoked all of that weed up before Turkey Day that year. Been growing and smoking on an off ever since.

5 Likes

I have been smoking weed religiously for 22 years now…

My first time was at the age of 12 or 13 years old, i hallucinated really hard that day! It was some Mango Rosa weed now extinct here. That was only one time.
After that in college went to Avellanas Beach and some rastas and venezuelan guys were smoking and all, at “Freddy’s”… I hallucinated that time also… But that time i was hooked!

1 Like

Still remember getting high the first time in high school circa 1992. A buddy of mine had gotten a bowl and a homemade pipe. I remember it was made from brass plumbing pieces. I’ve been puffing tough ever since!

2 Likes

Shit thats how old i amXD

I started back in 2007. Two gram joints wrapped in blueberry juicy jays. Smoked em with 3 friends. That was the first time i spent forever in a store tryna get munchies.

1 Like

Sounds a lot like “Half Baked!” LOL

2 Likes

Woah dude. That sounds exactly like half baked😂

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDkPjloeKD8

1 Like

Started smoking at 14 in 92. Good ol mexican brick weed. Started growing ten years after that in 02. Been obsessed since I popped my first seed.
No cannabis “scene” around here in the bible belt, always had to keep it hush.

4 Likes

:thinking: I think I started smoking 20 years ago, and have been a daily smoker for 17 of those years… Yep, started out on horrible seedy pressed brick weed out of metal pipes, and thought it was amazing. Moved up to better stuff once I could find it, and had my first grow 4 years after I started smoking.

It’s a little weird to realize I’ve been smoking for more than half my life, but it’s enjoyable and hasn’t destroyed me yet :grin:

4 Likes

Oh oh, this is one of those do the math & I know how old you are threads. Ok, I’ll play along.

I started smoking herb regularly at 14.
I had to stop taking more serious hallucinogens before I turned 18
I have been smoking for 40 years!

Go ahead, do the math!

2 Likes

@Calyxander and I could be twins, 1967.

3 Likes

Tokin’ Twins.

Now that’s a tag.

Grew pot before I ever smoked it. I was 10 got the seeds from my step brothers bag of swag. Being a farm boy I grew lots of things but never seen a pot plant before then. Once I seen its jagged leafs I was hooked. Such a cool looking plant I thought and still do.

Grew it in my window in my room till it was a foot tall. Then the step mom found it. That’s when the sht storm started.

4 years later my friend had some Columbian gold. I took a few hits and was blasted into space. Been smoking it ever since, going on 40 years now.

4 Likes

So, I haven’t actually been smoking that long. I grew long before I actually started partaking.

Mine’s kinda a romance story lol. When I met wifey she didn’t have a steady hookup and since I was falling hard and fast for her I started supplying her lol. One of our date nights was at her friends house (she was house sitting) and she talked me into smoking with her, it was my first time and I coughed like a bitch, but I got so high I felt like I could hear colors lmfao. It’s been something I enjoy ever since lol.

10 Likes