How safe is humidifier in this 4x4 tent?

Ok my humidity dipped to 30% so I dropped this 1gal cool mist ultrasonic in to test it out on low. I plan to get a smaller one soon.

Anyway How safe is it running a humidifier with all these electronics. Fans heaters & electric connectors present?

4 Likes

1 thing I see is all electrical equipment should be off the floor!

I kept all electrical 3 feet above water

6 Likes

They should be fine if you keep the humidity at a reasonable %, not 95%. You do have a cheap meter right?

3 Likes

The humidifier may throw heat also so you may not need the space heater
I’d check it out

I know dehumidifiers throw a lot of heat

3 Likes

It is an ultrasonic one, a disc vibrates and splashes a mist up into the air, not much heat.

5 Likes

The lights and LED driver will be fine, but as Bunny said… not (95% RH… :laughing:)

The trick is getting the temperature and RH balanced (and sometimes that’s not easy… :roll_eyes:)
I’m currently using a cheap tea kettle style humidifier in my tent… The ultrasonics are better but you really need RO water with them.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Or you get “snow” covering everything :roll_eyes: :unamused:

5 Likes

100% True!

5 Likes

Yup I’ve got distilled & it is hard dialing it in, holy crap!

3 Likes

I would want to get a controller on that ASAP. I once had a humidifier plugged into the wrong powerstrip(should only have been on with the lights and main vent fan) but I messed up and plugged it into an always on powestrip. The whole inside of the cabinet was soaked, including water pooling inside my cool tube! By dumb luck I caught it a couple mins before the light went on, bet it would have blown the lamp with the quickness.

3 Likes

And keep in mind when some electronics (like humidifiers) get turned off with the Satisfaction of the St/Pt, they do not turn back on Automatically when the power returns to them.
Thats the biggest pain I’ve run into with the moisture makers, Keeping them on.

2 Likes

Yup! Thanks. I plan on getting a small humidifier with a manual-on switch @MissinBissin & another inkbird controller @potpotpot

Can anyone suggest a good humidifier model for a 4x4 that will work with an inkbird?

4 Likes

Honeywell HEV615 or 620.

2 Likes

The 615 looks like it has digital “on” button, will it work on a inkbird controller

1 Like

I have both for my house. Not familiar with the inkbird controller, but if it has a 110-120V receptacle, it should work.

1 Like

Ok well if your power goes out, then comes back on an hour later, will your humidifier start running again automatically? Or do you have to hit power button on humidifier to start it again.

A inkbird controller works by cutting power on & off. When it hits 60% RH, power turns off to humidifier. See what I’m saying? I’m terrible at wording stuff like this.

4 Likes

No idea what kind of output you’d need for a 4x4 tent; this is probably overkill, but it’s pretty cheap and works with an Inkbird. I have two of them for my flower room, which is far bigger and probably sealed worse than a tent. It’s almost, but not quite enough to keep it at 60% in there when it’s 5 degrees out and I’m heating the house to 70.

4 Likes

I got spooked by my experience, and don’t use a humidifier in the tent or cabinets anymore. I leave some water in the trays, and if I need to I hang a wet t shirt in there.

2 Likes

Yea I’m terrified of the lights/heater/clip fan already. Now I’m just adding another variable to sharpen the blade of potential chaos :laughing:

If humidity is 25%, how much will a tshirt/water in tray raise humidity?

2 Likes

In a pinch we’ve used buckets with air stones. Recently I’ve used a 2 quart containers and two mini airstones in a my 2 x4 and it raised the humidity from 35% rh to 65 rh as long as you check the water levels and don’t let it fall below half. So in just use a bigger container and big airstones and monitor the humidity levels. You should be OK. Just an old-school Idea.

Edit I’d start out with less water as long as you don’t let it drop to low to expose the stones. Set timers if it get too humid etc…

2 Likes