How to connect multiple ebb and flow tables in series to one main rez

I grow using this method and it is simpler than you might think. I don’t use a siphon just a hole in the bottom of each table from which I flood and drain.I have 7 tables on a single res. I used a piece of netting inserted in the hole to prevent clogging. Needs a big tank but it gives you a huge buffer so no problems there. It is my favourite system, no need to complicate it, just flood, then let it drain.

1 Like

I love my siphon setup and will be here recommending them with you every time. :slight_smile:

I ran with a bell siphon the last time, but found it a lot harder to deal with then my U-siphon, so I went back to that this run. I have 3 large beds (utility sinks), all connected to the same drain line that feeds over to the res where I have a single external U-siphon. The siphon fires reliably every time and can drain all of my beds in just over a minute. No need for a control bucket for the bell.

The drains are normal 1 1/4" sink drains connected to a P-trap that is installed upsidedown. The trap then reduces to 3/4" and has a 90 bend at the end. When the siphon fires it actually creates a great waterfall effect, helping to stir and aerate the water. (The pressure from the siphon draining actually shoots water around the entire res.) Just a few parts from the store and it works every time, plus no bulkhead fitting needed into the res since the siphon can go over the top lip.

The simplicity is nice and allows 24/7 water flow. (No timers needed on the E&F part of my system.) I can also expand pretty quickly by adding a new bed, connecting it to the master drain, and dropping in one of my top feeders.

1 Like