How to easy make hash with washing machine and bags

Hello

Always after harvest I have some trash. I show you how to make hash from this.

I am sorry for my English, but I know Itā€™s not great.

What do you need:

A, washing machine - i have this

B, bags - there are many types: 220 micron, 73 micron, 45 micron etc. , and 220 micron bag for material.

C, some dry material - I using the leaves which I cut from the buds. You can also use a small buds, itā€™s yours choice. Ideally from the freezer.
D, Ice - to 5 liters of water for 3 liters ice. Water must be around 2-4 C.
E, 20L bucket

So letā€™s do it
Washing machine filled up 5L of water and 2L of ice, wait until the water is cold.
220 micron bag with material insert to washing machine. Switch on and leave for 40 minutes. After 20 minutes pour the rest 1L ice.

Now youā€™re working with bags

Iā€™m using only 220micron and 45micron , 220 filtered mess and in 45 are hash. I donā€™t need separated hash from 73micron.
Into a bucket insert bags, the first 220 under him 45. Fill with water from the washing machine.

Filtered

Weā€™re transfusing water back into machine and wash few minutes (5-8 min.) and filtered again. 5 times is enough.

And it is done

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m doing.

Here a few examples what I did

22 Likes

Great tutorial!

As you said, it is better to put raw material into freezer day before extractionā€¦ It leads to higher yield.

I love skuffā€¦ But I must say that I prefer to dry it crushed to dust and try to not press it before it is dry. It is not so plastic as the wet one (it is harder to work with dust) but at least Iā€™m sure I can store it for longer time, otherwise it can lead to mold inside.

Iā€™ve posted gallery topic about our extraction through bubble bags (without tumbler machine)ā€¦

3 Likes

So is the 45 mic inside the 220 mic or the 220 mic inside the 45 which one is end product going to be in

1 Like

1st you would put the 25 or 45 micron bag in as a catcher for the smallest trichcomes, then the 73, 90, 120, 150, 160, 190 then the 220. The starting material and ice go in the 220 bag, most people donā€™t use all 8 bags, I use 4 or 5 favorite bags depending on strain. The 45-150 bags generally are the best for full melt, I love the 73.

1 Like

BuuuuuuUMP.

I was gifted a machine & have purchsed clear vinyl tubing to replace the drain hoseā€¦which sadly has some greasy silicone-like residue & needs to off-gas outside for a while before I even think about running hash water through.

Anyone know how to clean that shit off? Is it silicone protectant?

Itā€™s surprising since I think this is used for aquaria :thinking: :biohazard:

The idea is to use the machine without a bag internally; the original hose has plenty of aged resin crud & it just seems smarter to have smooth tubing instead of ā€˜ribbedā€™.

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Hey!! Just saw this. I heard the yields are way better with the washing machine. Have you tried it out yet.

3 Likes

i hate the washer & want to modify it; itā€™s way too rough of an agitation IMO. nicer than stirring a bucket for sure. i use it on crappier weed only nowā€¦until i figure out how to change the speed & kill the oscillationā€¦make it unidirectional. then it would be killer. and itā€™s too small for me at 3 gal. I want the 30 gal model. :smile:

6 Likes

So I bought some 1 gallon bags. They are horribly awkward shaped and smallā€¦ can I mix everything in a bucket. Then simply just pour that bucket of leaf water through the stack of bags emptying out the work bag as needed?

2 Likes

In the past Iā€™ve just kept my shake and small buds stored till winter and used a couple 5 gallon pails and a paint mixer and drill storing the filled pails outside in between beatings worked great.

2 Likes

Then you just dump it all through the bags at once? The water can just run out onto the ground?

ā€¦ my bags are thin and tall, no containers I have fit the size, but an open ended piece of 4" PVC would fit them beautifully

1 Like

I had to sets of bags and two 5 gallon buckets inside in the tub and would carefully pour the water off into one and the clump of green mass Iā€™d dump into the other and break apart and rinse to get all that gold.

2 Likes

Awesome! Iā€™ve been putting off finishing what Iā€™ve got because it was such a hassle with the tiny bags. But I should be able speed it up.

Maybe if I strain the worst of the green out with a kitchen strainer it would be even easier

2 Likes

If I was you Iā€™d would use the strainer but add a large funnel. Drop the funnel in top of the PVC add strainer use it to pre-filter the green out as you pour it out of the pail. That would speed things up for sure.

1 Like

Good idea. I may give it a try this weekend

Iā€™m just hoping to yield more and make it less labor intensive. The dry ice made me lazy from the start, but the bubble is so good.

1 Like

So did you use the same water every run. I watched frenchy and he would just add more ice and use new water it seemed. He said it was cold enough already and just the water agitation was enough.

It seemed like a lot of wasted water.

1 Like

totally understand :grin:

The only downside to the process besides the manual labor; if you harvested in Afghanistan & did your hash near the snow & a chilly clear stream itā€™s sustainable. :nerd: or Tahoe, Calif. :sunglasses: :snowboarder:

2 Likes

Water needs to be clean, why he dumps it each round. What most DO NOT GET is thisā€¦it is the cold water agitation, NOT, NOT, NOT, the physical contact with the ice. IF you had a way of getting all the 30 degree cold water you needed, we would run without ANY ICE!!
About everyone uses too much iceā€¦you only want ice to make the water cold, not for crushing. Can tell by the sound of the washing machineā€¦big "grinding " type of noise means too much ice. No sound, too little ice.

I use Bubble mans bags, and his small Bubble Now machine. I do NOT use the ā€œcatch bagā€ but material directly into the machine. Make 5-6 ā€œpullsā€ starting at 3 minutes time, going up 1 minute each pull, last pull is very very little ice, and 15 minutes long. I use about 200 grams of material at a time.
Biggest tip is ā€œbucket spacersā€ to ā€œwiden outā€ the space between the bags, let the water actually ā€œfallā€ through instead of just sitting there.

JMHO

8 Likes

Itā€™s like you knew I just watched his video lol.
Iā€™m excited to pull a lot more this next run. Thanks for the tips!

2 Likes