How to make loess powder

LOESS POWDER (Silica soil or Ant hill mud)
THE IMPORTANCE OF LOESS POWDER
Loess soil is full of soil vitality and is the foundation for all life. Loess powder is uncontaminated soil containing various trace elements and even some growth factors that are yet undefined. Loess powder possesses a natural healing power that has not yet been explained by scientific analysis. Natural Farming uses this ability of loess.

HOW TO MAKE LOESS POWDER ?
Materials / Ingredients Needed

Loess
Containers.
METHOD
Put 2-3 kg of loess into 20 lit of water and stir well. Thick particles and small stones will sink and fine particles will float.
Collect the floating particles into a separate container. As time passes, the floating particles will precipitate.
When the precipitation is completed, drain the surface water into another container.
Dry the precipitated loess in a cool and shaded place. Be careful that, if the loess is dried under the sunlight, it does not disperse in the water.
HOWTO USE ?
Put 20-30 grams of loess powder in one lit water for seedling treatment. Liquid for preventing diseased such as canker.
We can spray of the leaf fungus treatment for vegetable plants.

5 Likes

@lotus710 Did you know about this KNF input?

1 Like

hell yeah man. ive never done the seperation with water just my hands and ant hill soil! ive added it to some soil mixes

Interesting.

This sounds like it is harvested almost as dry soil.

Got any pictures of the “harvest”?

That would help me to determine the best places to find it. Maybe my back yard?

1 Like

Here’s the link to where I cut/paste it from

http://www.cgnfindia.com/loess.html

They have a couple pics at the bottom

1 Like

just find any old anthill that isnt too close to pollution:)

Don’t live close to this kind of topography, and the ant mounds in my yard are minuscule compared with those pictured in web sites.

I’ll look around for naturally eroded hillsides in the woods near me. I think there is a relatively clean hillside in Gloucester.

** This Overgrow DYI thread is the 2nd hit if you search using Firefox and DuckDuckGo.

2 Likes

Idk if that’s a good or bad thing :joy:

2 Likes

Awesome site. Shows you how and when to use alot of the knf recipes.