How we do it in the swamp

Hello guys/gals of this fine community…

Have’nt started a thread in about 14 years here so yall folks bare with me…

Some of us are now unmasked in the legal states…I.E…>>BOG!!..Nice to see his picture and hear about him over the years…

However,some of us are still stuck doing it old school,and the risk is still and always has been there…

So its only fitting I start off by this :

15 Likes

ATT:Mods>> We will be going outdoors with this thread,And probably want to keep in OD section…

I Get 5,sometimes 6 full outdoor harvest a year…First and foremost these will not be giants and rather small by ALOT of bigger grows standards…But numbers do add up…

Not gonna get into raising from the seed,but rather already established Mothers…I currently have about 17 strains…

What I look for is what can withstand the heat/humidity…like now!! We are UNDER water!!!..

I use all LEDs 4’ shop lights,Simple and cheap…I cut clones from mothers and root them in about 10 days…

…These were cut on 7-22

8 Likes

The show has already started.

Where’s my popcorn?

:popcorn:

4 Likes

I use my own organic mixture and plant them in 9 oz solo cups

these are a total of 10 days from cuts…Most are BOGS …LSD

8 Likes

Now on a normal year >>And this is not a normal yr!! I would have annuals out also…By this I mean from seed to flower all outside…However,the rain and flooding has already done them in…No worries because had a decent spring harvest…

Had to take them early do to logging,but this was my second spring one about may first…Tigercats logged several hundred!!
Okay lets get back to how I get multi harvest…My main mothers/clones never see darkness period…I use the phases of the moon in the spring to get them to either grow quicker or flower quicker,

They stay in the cups for about 2 weeks and then to 1 gal pots …They grow quick,so I have to constantly clear room to make space for the others…

11 Likes

BTW https://overgrow.com/t/what-is-guerilla-growing-and-what-do-i-need-to-know-about-it/393,,That lower pic was DJ Shorts BB…
I have found this is simply the best way for me…I call it “HIT AND GIT”…

Yeah .I wished I could grow monsters…Simple fact is >>I cant,and not for a second would I leave my swamp…My MJ battle is here!! We got MMJ,so I guess its a start…Them SOB’s could offer a mmj card gold plated and I would tell them no thanks.Back on topic…My plants are never outside over 80 days…Alot of toting and getting the girls out but I been doing it for a minute…Here is A gem from the past: I was living that life when I wrote this;;…I guess it came out up top…

8 Likes

Since the solstice its been nothing but rain,heat,wet and off the chain humidity…

This might not look like much to the average person,But this plant went out just over a month ago…In the heat and all this humidity rainy weather>>BOGS …LSD is at the fore front right now…I put a lot out just to see…
Im stoned and will get back soon,but :Stand by,Gonna be some good swamp pics coming…
peace!!
99…Lol,Its hard to get them to maturity this time of year due to this VERY rainy season…First sign of bud rot I snatch them up.These pics were from yesterday,so I guess we will see just how far they go.No matter. It gets to the point its good for me to smoke or I make hash…Back when I started this method MJ was still not legal in the NOW rec states…Still not in my state…

7 Likes

A whole new look at the guerilla grow.

Are you having trouble near harvest with bud rot or mildew?

Damn, what this plant can’t do.

3 Likes

I’ll be following along :grinning:

2 Likes

jk ignore that man lol

This was one of the ones that got logged…If you notice the clearing in the back ground was where the logging stopped…This one got taken out by a skidder turning around…Already at this point had lost over 100…Lol. How big were they ? They say…
I say,Ohhh bout Boot size!!..

These were harvested this last may…Well what the loggers didn’t get…IMHO,The spring is my best harvest simply bc of the pest/insects,hunters ect…Now that we are on the backside of solstice >>The Hazes are going out…Nothing like the COLD weather and its effects on mj.Still get cold enough early spring to get good colors as you see in the DJs…

You folks out west done put the smack down over this way!!>>Game changing…Man all kinds of good herb everywhere and speaking from some one that has done this a long time a man/woman got to have their chi right…When this site was conceived there was only a handful of us front line warriors. Well we still OVERGROWING the world one square acre at a time…

13 Likes

Once they leave the rack,they go under another set of cheap LED 4 ft shop lights…I have 2 pieces of plywood side by side and those have 1x4s in the middle.This gives me 4 quarters and 49 1 gal pot goes in each 1/4 of board…The lights are 4 1/2 ft above and I have a fan blowing pretty hard on them… They go out rather quick and keeps me pretty busy…Also I can get some good growth while taking cuts…

9 Likes

yes i will take a seat i know the swamps well is their a indica strain that can handle the heat and humidity

yes i will take a seat i know the swamps well. is their a indica strain that can take the heat and humidity.

?

4 Likes

them dam loggers a person never knows when they or going to come cut. only up side a new trail to use. and some more sunshine to reach the ground.

3 Likes

Head…Thanks for stopping in!!

Yes indeed!!..Just about the time I think I got the loggers figured out and plant a certain area,I be damned if they don’t up and move their,skidders,chippers,trucks ect !!..Lol,Back in the early 80s I cant even count how many skidders I got stuck!!!
Myself and several buddies would take them joy riding…Now I just wait until they plant the pines.Then they spray and kill everything but the pine tree…I go in the high spots and pull about 5 acres of them up for future planting…

I cant really tell you which is the best indica that will hold up to this heat/humidity though…I have very good results with ALL of them…With my method its all in strategic planning/planting…

5 Likes

yes i here you i do the same pull up them dam pine trees.@wolfshadow63

3 Likes

i use the moon phase to help my vegetable garden i often wondered if it would help cannabis plants grow better?

3 Likes

Head>>.> Yes…I ALWAYS plant with the “phases” of the moon…
My go time is spring equinox…That relates to the sun…However, I use the phases of the moon for making them flower quicker or get more growth…Its quite simple…Say, I want my plants to flower quicker I put them out just on the back of the full moon…Moon decreasing and darker nights will make them flower quicker by up to 2 weeks…Also the fact we are getting a lil more daylight each day…For longer growth and bigger plants I put out on about just before first quarter of moon.That window is the last I can use on a full Double spring harvest…Can do 3 if I start in Feb

As you can see they are still pretty meaty at the end of april

8 Likes

so if i understand you correctly i can put out new plants all summer long just after the back sideof the full moon and get a harvest prettly quickly. thank you very much for sharing 1 swamper to another i love coon hunting in the swamps. in the spring time i am crawling threw black berry batches.on night when i need to work on plants dogs stay in truck.

3 Likes

the question i should have ask is can i start seedling inside grow pretty big harden off then plant on the back side will they flower early?

3 Likes