Howard's Hunt for Headstash

I tend to have a pretty good temperament toward racy sativas, but they still get me on occasion. One I grew recently that earned a top spot on my list of “most racy strains” was Mexican Haze. My wife smoked it TWICE while we were sight seeing at a very narrow canyon in Colorado. We went on a drive around the canyon rim, and she about lost it. The second time, she thought she was safe because we were driving out to our next campsite… but the drive was on some mountain hugging roads with steep dropoffs without guard rails. The kind where you’d just roll and fall off cliffs for like 20 minutes if you veered too far off the road. :joy:

10 Likes

I still have occasional nightmares about some of those narrow mountain roads in Colorado, even decades later. There were a few times I was quite sure we wouldn’t make it home alive. I can’t imagine being high on a racy sativa on top of that!

4 Likes

Just catching up on Howard’s thread. I smoked one of my cannagars from last year and boy. Just like the real ones I am having with bourbon right now it was great. Still have another 4 for the summer and need to make another 6 or so to cure for next summer.

@Howard.Crane you should save some of those beautiful fans for wrapping.
@Instg8ter I found that a bit of rum with as much brown sugar as you can dissolve in it makes a nice glue for the wrap.

13 Likes

I’ve got a bunch of kief dissolved in Everclear that I had been thinking of using as the glue, do you think that would work if I reduced it enough to be tacky? It smells divine :smile:

6 Likes

Would work good but don’t get it too thick and sticky or it will be hard not to tear the leaf applying it.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: On the hunt ladies and gentlemen

So, the jungle spice alone wasn’t racy, that’s more than likely the Durban. However, there are some strains that I can smoke all night and never get any higher, This is def not the case with the JS, it was such an easy and nice smoke until you get like 1000x times higher on accident. Like @MidwestMover I literally stumbled off to bed absolutely wasted on it and couldn’t see straight. Even gave me a weed hangover in the morning. It is STRONG! I’ve never had straight Durban, but I heard it’s some pretty potent sativa. The 2 together scare the hell outta me! I’m a wuss. :joy:

9 Likes

Interesting! I’ve been intrigued by both strains for a while, so when I got the opportunity to try a cross between them, I had to jump on it. I wish I had done them justice, I’m embarrassed that I didn’t show them off to their potential.

I’ll have another opportunity soon (ish) though, and will have my nute issues resolved and hopefully won’t get sick next time, so I’m confident I’ll do better.

I did manage to get both phenos of the DP x JS pollinated with Orange Goji and get a few hundred healthy seeds, so I’m really looking forward to giving those a test at some point, too :smile:

16 Likes

the durban is like a roller coaster ride hold onto your ass

7 Likes

Orange Goji

26 Likes

Looking good!!

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate kind words :grinning:

Really looking forward to this harvest, tbh. The entire last harvest was dedicated to making seeds, so I’m looking forward to a seedless haul :wink:

10 Likes

Your gonna enjoy the buds OG seems to be my go to jar good thing she’s a heavy producer .

6 Likes

Overcrowded, as usual :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

22 Likes

Trimmed those two little Zak Haze clones last night and rolled a tester cone. Only made it through half of it before I had to put it out. They came in around 4.5 grams each, not bad for a little 6" clone going straight to flower.

9 Likes

Love the jungle/Rainforest feeling @Howard.Crane :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::ok_hand:

9 Likes

It’s definitely not the best thing smoke before a marathon coding session, lol. Pretty great evening smoke to relax out on the deck and enjoy the perfect weather and lovely sunsets we’ve been having lately, though :grinning:

10 Likes

Cleaning up the lowers. Ran out of steam, gonna have to finish tomorrow.

17 Likes

Also had to raise the lights. The stretch has started, and the plants were way too close.

17 Likes

Speaking of which…

Sitting here on the deck, nicely lifted on a little Zak Haze trim and lost in thought, and I’ve come to the realization that I’m not really digging the switch to MasterBlend as much as I’d hoped.

It’s decent, but I don’t feel I’m getting the same vibrancy and health that I was getting with my previous Jack’s 3-2-1 regimen, and my more sensitive sativa-dominant strains don’t appear to be loving it either.

I’ve still got enough for at least another cycle or two on hand, but I’m seriously tempted to order some more Jack’s instead of waiting until I run through what I’ve got on hand.

Maybe I’ll sleep on it.

15 Likes