Huge cache of seeds left behind, what to do?

These were the g13 I mentioned, not sure what hazeman did but g13 was a clone only of a unknown strain of indica as the story goes so nothing but crosses or fem seed should be around, and rare.

5 Likes

I can help F2 that shit :wink: :v::canada: @OrganicGorilla where are ya!! :v:

Edit - notice tonthe left all the RockyMountainHigh!!

3 Likes

That was a picture mia posted that he reposted in this thread not beans he had acquired from her. Hopefully some grow reports on the mia gear start showing up.

2 Likes

Lots of them have been grown Legal Canada has grown a bunch and Strayfox has run and made f2s of the Yogi and is working on f2s of the Sensi NL5 noof x BCSC NL5.

7 Likes

The whole idea of a backcross is taking a female and outcrossing first to another strain then selecting a male from each generation to hit back to the mother, ive seen hazeman do it a lot with their gear so shouldnā€™t be any problems, the same way c99 was originally bred :wink: if they were offering filial bred seed eg. F2 F3 and so on id be very skeptical :+1:

On another note, I myself picked up a few packs from mia and have grown a few of the Temple and Sunshine Daydream, no question about authenticity, some of my favorite plants I have grown to date :slight_smile: Ive actually got my favorite Sunshine Daydream from those seeds in flower right now :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Personally I wouldnā€™t get nothing off of hazeman, he donā€™t even know what plants heā€™s dealing with half the time.
As in bshw and 79 Xmas bud.

Have a buddy at another site who really thru a wrench in his works.

5 Likes

You can check it out in a thread that Mongo brought up on the farm and carried it over to here.

1 Like

I was assuming when he says bx he means a hybrid crossed back to a mother but that results in a non pure strain, if done several times it may be close to the original but for preservation purposes itā€™s not a true pure form. Iā€™ve bought many of seed from hazeman, at his price itā€™s worth the gamble but he should be more clear on what was crossed with what the lack of clarity will only muddle up the gene pool even more. Alot of people are not familiar with botanical breeding language and would assume a pack that says LAPK or g13 or PTK would be just that not a attempt at putting it into seed form. How many times crossed back to the mom ? I think this has been discussed alot elsewhere, maybe somebody can split this into itā€™s own topic, got away from the main seed discussion of this thread

5 Likes

Just like the ghash heā€™s a selling, those werenā€™t to be sold but given away, itā€™s one of the stipulations that N8T/NDN guy imposed on about everything heā€™s giving out for preservation.

8 Likes

Yeah it wont be completely pure but if worked right it can be very close, all comes down to selections during the process where you would be selecting males closer to the mother each time, the first outcross will produce roughly a 50/50 mix of the 2 strains used, a male selected from this cross hit back to the mother would be a 75/25 mix, the next lot would be 87.5/12.5 which would be your Bx2 :wink: for example Cinderella 99 is a Bx5 where the 99 stands for 99% princess which was the mother mr soul was trying to reproduce in seed form :wink: It doesnā€™t always work out that way but if you make the right selections as I said earlier it will be close, there is no way to reproduce a plant exactly in seed form :+1: Being Hazeman I would suggest he used his Aloha White Widow as the first outcross, he has used it on all of the other backcrosses and most of his crosses he has made. I have only grown a couple of strains from him and ive had great luck but definitely not one of my go to breeders, as @OleReynard said he has a lot of bad juju following him around and donā€™t really agree with his ethics :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Yeah there is alot of discussion about that also, I think thatā€™s why he gave alot of what he had left away In the end. Out of all the people gifted the 88g13 hashplant who has ever given them away , alot of people have profited from it. I have oldschool california sourced beans of it and some of the pnw hashplant along with the sensi version. When I remake them they will always be free gifted to the community.

7 Likes

I heard the same thing about the 88 g13 hashplant :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Itā€™s called Ethics in which he has showed me and the people in the know he has notta.

5 Likes

There are more than you can imagine that have held up N8TS request.
CC did 2 different runs that I know of Farmer Joe and JayT both honored what they were to do.
I believe @Barefrog honored it also

11 Likes

Just like the 79 Christmas bud, which also came from N8TIVGUY, in which we also did a preservation run.
Iā€™m thinking the BSHW also came from N8TIVGUY.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome to hear I wasent saying nobody held up to there word just that alot havent and Iā€™m glad there are people like us working to preserve the ethics and lines of the past.

5 Likes

Dedicated to @mia! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Enjoy sweetie!

1 Like

So anybody running the ghash whatā€™s everyone found

N8TIVGUY and Trefarmer found these:
Lemon mom
Orange mom
Grapefruit mom
Tre made Crusaders a tribute to Jack and N8TIVGUY

Jayt kept the line pure with a couple hybrids put in
Skunk 91 x ghash
Purple Ak47 x ghash
Along with ghash #8,#6, and #4

Joey kept it pure

Oh and I have a medman x ghash (grape pheno)

8 Likes

Hola Gang

I have not heard of NDN since last fall

But its soul is still very alive

we make sure of that

I still have a few bag of G13HP88 seeds

always free

I made it a goal to try to reproduce
and give away for free all of his gen
that he work with.

Bare

32 Likes

Iā€™d be interested in adding those to my collection @ barefrog. Let me know if youā€™d like to trade something.

3 Likes