Humboldt Seed Company

I’ve searched for days and finding reviews on any of HSC’s “OG Kush” “Sour Diesel” “Emerald Fire OG” have been really hard to come by. I’ve seen reviews mostly on their fruity varieties or their All Gas OG. They’ve bred these lines to f4 so they should be pretty stable for the most part. I’m just wondering if anyone on here has grown any of their gassy varieties and can review them.
Thanks everyone.

2 Likes

I haven’t grown any of these, but taking a glance at their website their photo of the emerald fire og doesn’t look like any of the real og clone onlys that I grew. too leafy, calyxes too small and too indistinct.

But maybe it’s a photo of the autoflower version, and I’m seeing ruderalis traits? they don’t say.

The OG kush kind of has the same look, and doesn’t resemble the clone onlys. The calyxes are small, it’s very leafy, and it seems like a closeup of a large cola.

The clone only OG’s had smaller rock hard nugs, made of very large distinct calyxes, and almost no leaf in the bud. the leaves are dark and waxy, and they were mostly one and 3 blade leaves on all the branches, with just a couple 5 blade fan leaves. The resin would form mainly on the edges and undersides of the sugar leaves and guard leaves, and the tops of the leaves would look dark and waxy.

OG was a clone only recessive phenotype, so outcrosses tend to look much different than the clone only. They would have to outcross the clone in order to get regular seeds. And maybe they are showing photos of the autoflowers, the page is about regs fems and autoflowers and they don’t say which version was photographed.

7 Likes

I’m not sure about those particular strains but I know several people on here have had amazing results with HSC beans over and over. Made me a believer! Not sure this helps, just my 2c.

7 Likes

I have not grown the ones you asked about but I have and have grown many of them from HSC. HSC is for sure 100% solid imo.

3 Likes

I know a lot of people dislike hsc for different reasons but I’ve always had such good results with their beans, my best mate just got some of their black rainbow sherbet og I think it’s called and I for one cannot wait for the road test of that one! Keep us updated on the fire og mate sounds like a winner for sure.

3 Likes

I

think you’re thinking of HSO which is the Spanish one, not HSC.

It’s supposed to be a bx2 of the dark heart cut of fire og, but I can’t say I’ve grown it. A lot of the time people breed out OG morphology because it’s so leggy and impractical.

I have grown their stuff, they’re big business and I think they get bashed a bit for being mainstream (you can find their seed packs in dispensaries), but I have liked most of what I’ve grown.

The garlic budder was a nice representation of the chem cookies/GMO genre, big colas with spicy garlicky chem smell. Blueberry muffin smells just like the name, very terpy and so are the crosses of it I’ve grown. The wedding cake cross (blueberry cupcake) was similar to BBM but maybe a little more potent, the dream queen cross (apple blossom) was a favorite with a sweet floral honey ish smell, and the zkittles cross (hi-biscus) was a mixed fruity terp bomb.

I have two of their strains in the grow this summer, Jelly Donutz (Hella Jelly x White Runtz) and Orange Cream Pop (Hella Jelly x Orange creamsicle)

5 Likes

Got sour diesel auto going now and have grown it before! Never fails to please :+1: :sunglasses: :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Nice, I’ve seen a couple pretty good reviews on their sour diesel on reddit.

Came from ILGM in the Classic mix pack (5 Seeds each Al-47, Sour diesel, Super Skunk) about $159.00 they are all autos. :sunglasses: :peace_symbol:

I’m eventually going to get their Mountaintop Mist for another ingredient to use :evergreen_tree:

1 Like

A lot of their seeds are bred to f4 or bx4. You’d think they’d be more popular amongst breeders given the stability of the seeds but seedfinder only shows a few other companies using their seeds to breed with. The stability of their offering are what originally attracted me to them. I bought their All Gas OG. Just flipped it to flower but so far the growth has been very uniform.

5 Likes

That’s good to hear. My CripXmas is bred to F4, so it’s assuring to know I’ve been on right track in my work.

3 Likes

@GlassJoeGrows oops my bad! You’re right I definitely got the 2 confused,

1 Like

hey bro any updates on the jelly donuts ? how was she

1 Like

It’s still running outdoors, smell is fantastic, it’s taking up about 2x5 feet by itself right now, splitting a 4x5 foot area with an orange cream pop. The area trellised off 4x7 foot area has 4 plants in it, with the two on the right getting about 2x2 each and the two in the bed taking about 2x5 each.It’s probably about a month out from finishing still. Such is outdoor growing! That picture is about 9 days ago, I’ll update when I actually harvest.

I’m running 4 HSC strains this summer, an Apple Blossom (perennial favorite of ours, unfinnicky with kind of a flowery, perfumey, honey smell and a balanced smoke), the Jelly Donutz and Orange Cream Pop (first time running them, the JD is a new release and the OCP are testers that they pack with orders that a friend passed on to me, they’re Orange Creamsicle x Hella Jelly), and in the corner ive got a Stoopid Fruits (headier smoke, grown once before).

The apple blossom is in the front on the right in the ground, got a late start. The Stoopid Fruits is in the corner of the yard and has gone gangbusters on us, it’s flowering at this point but we’re just trying to control the height. It’s probably about 7 feet tall, the same thing happened to a Jamaican Garlic Puna I got from OTUG in the past, lol.

5 Likes

haha never to much stretching out doors at least! and yes i actually reached out to them to see if they wanted to sponsor me a pack of jelly donuts and their new blueberry pancakes to grow on here. ( no reply but i bet they get 100s of those a day) so thats what i was stoked to see you growing it. im def a fan of their stuff and looks like you are too.
do you plan on running any of those indoors ?

I think so, I have some to spare, I have tried to cut corners on past seed runs and am hoping to do a proper run this fall where I’m only growing plants for seed. My tent will be dedicated to that at the end of september or middle of october once all the outdoor has been harvested and things have settled down again. I’m going to clear out all my cuts then, I don’t plan to keep my stuff forever and I have so many seeds that if I’m running cuts perpetually I’ll never get around to growing half the stuff I’ve got.

Once that’s done, I’ll probably get some going in the early spring in the tent, and finish some indoors and some outdoors Feb-March.

2 Likes

awesome look forward to watchin some indoor grows of yours this fall/winter. im sure you will be pretty busy once its time to harvest lol

1 Like

Anyone seen these?

6 Likes

Sounds like some very interesting stuff, not necessarily interested in these strains but will be interesting to see how fast they introduce other varieties. Would definitely try them if it was the right strain. Thanks for sharing

1 Like