Humidifier Suggestions? (Very Low Humidity)

put one of these in a 5 gallon bucket of water on a float

mine makes lots of humidity, you can see it in the air even

3 Likes

would really like to hear the outcome of this mystery

Well I stood in different places in the room (with all air circulation off). The flame is straight as a stick!

The only place I found a little draft was the back of the ac unit. I have some air coming in through the filter even though the unit is off.

And there was a draft under my door taking air out of the room. I covered that with a towel.

I also took the top off of my 300gal Rez that has some air stones in it. Maybe that can help a little?

I have 3 different hygrometers in there now (4 including the build in humidifier one). They all read in the 23-25% range.

This is my second run in this room. My first run the humidity was always 30%+. (only difference is that I’ve added 2 600w led units, and a humidifier this run).

I took black plastic sheeting , cut a piece about a 18 inches bigger then the door all the way around and stapled it to my door, it was because of light leaks but it did stop the air exchange under the door pretty much as well

1 Like

Do you have uncovered cinder block walls? I built a room into the corner of a basement. The basement walls were cinder block and the 2 walls we built were cinder block. This absorbed a lot of moisture until we covered it all up with black and white poly and mylar.

4 Likes

It is insulated with vapour barrier, drywall, and poly plastic. and part of it is just insulation and vapour barrier.

I could throw a pic up but I don’t know if it would help.

1 Like

might need help from Father Merrin

Just curious what’s the humidity in the rest of your house like? You’d think if you can raise the total house humidity the grow room should also increase and not get lost in space .

Nah, not for my question, but maybe others would see something?

Unless you live in the driest of deserts I am not sure how you could be getting such a low reading. My money is on it not being a correct reading otherwise.

1 Like

no matter what i would like to hear what it is, you cant put gallons of water in the air in that much space and be that low, not in my experience at least

Thinking of what you said made me look this up

1 Like

My humidifier is now reading 29 and my hygrometers 27% and 32%. So I don’t know if it was covering up that door, or opening up the top of the rez… but something seems to have helped. As long as it stays in the 30s I can accept it for now.

I took those same hygrometers to my other room and it went up to 36 and 40. so I know they’re working. Rest of my space seems to be normal 30-40%.

What’s insane to me is that, I looked up the humidity outside today and it’s snowing with 68% humidity…

3 Likes

yup Father Merrin time

2 Likes

800 square feet is 40’ x 20’ that is a huge room

1 Like

you need to make your grow area smaller
as i mentioned 800 sq. is huge
i use a grow tent 3’ x 3’ thats 9 sq. 1 gallon humidifier works fine

I set my exhaust fan to come on for 15 min every 2 hours while lights are on and use 2 homemade bucket humidifiers

keeps a 12×12 room at 60-65% humidity.

1 Like

I’ve gone with 5 gal bucket setups with House of Hydro mist makers - the single might look like a chinese job (they probably are) but it can easily fully humidify a 2x4.

On the single disc I only need to refill the 5 gallon every 4-5 days.

The cool thing about them is they make multi-head emitters: In my 4x8, I’m putting in a 3 disc - it’s spendy ($98) but will just crank it out. They go all the way up to 12-disc!

3 Likes

My guess is that your mini split is dehumidifying.

cold enough to snow? must be 32 degree air temp max and at 68% humidity. Now take that same air and heat it up to something like 72 degrees. It will be very dry air and certainly not 68%